Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Snygga kängor, Ormen.

Just got my black chrome excel SDs here at work. Im SUUUUPER stoked.

These are my neatest SDs no comparison.

Yes let´s see some pics of those beauties! Antar att de kosta en slant?

Thanks coleslawyum!! I stopped trying to access SuFu after many failed attempts due to restrictions, but gave it another try and, voila!

My wife did a bad thing and sent me the January edition of Free & Easy and now I want ALL the boots in the world. Apparently, she is sending me out another edition. I'm screwed now...there goes all my hard-earned combat pay : ) Marines are coming home and buying cars and motorcycles...I've got my eyes set on boots and...boots.

We are winding down on our role here with the war, so now it's all about recognizing the hardworking Marines with Medals, etc.

I just want to reward myself with shoes that look better with age. I think I'll start off with a pair of Road Champs.

Ed was supposed to sell me his Okuyama-treated White's, but I'm not sure if he sold them to someone else? Anyone have any idea?

Cheers All!!

Keep up the great work!

We are winding down on our role here with the war, so now it's all about recognizing the hardworking Marines with Medals, etc.

Ed was supposed to sell me his Okuyama-treated White's, but I'm not sure if he sold them to someone else? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your service! I don't think Ed sold those White's, at least his sale thread doesn't say they are sold.

Make sure to post the Road Champs when you get them, and consider joining in on the Horsehide Viberg group order that Ed organized.

FYI - Sierra Trading Post has Tricker's Stowes for $399 and there are 25% coupons floating around. Ordered myself a pair for $316 shipped. Never had Tricker's before so I hope they work out and fit well.

Nice heads-up, worth quoting as it went unnoticed. Gotta spread.

Looks like I'm going down the Tricker's route, thanks to Richard from the Shoe Healer...

Thanks rayw44 - it's good to know that Ed may have held up his end of the bargain. No offense, Ed - I would totally understand if you sold it to someone else...guy goes to war saying he wants to buy your boots. Hell, who knows if he'll even come back from the war : )

Has there been any talk about Road Champs being on back order? I'm wondering if I can just take a drive up to L.A., walk into the store and walk out with a box of Road Champs.

Thanks rayw44 - it's good to know that Ed may have held up his end of the bargain. No offense, Ed - I would totally understand if you sold it to someone else...guy goes to war saying he wants to buy your boots. Hell, who knows if he'll even come back from the war : )

Has there been any talk about Road Champs being on back order? I'm wondering if I can just take a drive up to L.A., walk into the store and walk out with a box of Road Champs.

No problem. I sent an email about the Road Champs a couple of weeks ago (when I was still debating between those and a pair of custom Wesco's) and I was told that they have been getting 1-2 pairs in per week. So availability will most likely come down to size and their order backlog.

But if you could go down and actually try them on I would, because I asked about size as well and apparently there has been a lot of confusion. So at least if you could narrow down your size you wouldn't have to (potentially) wait twice for them. I emailed [email protected], and she was really helpful and prompt. Hope that helps, and maybe someone who lives nearby (and not all the way across the country) could shed a little more light on it.

So I walked into the apartment to find a package addressed to me, with a return address to Russell Moccasin. My "ship date" isn't until Thursday, so I was pretty damn excited. I was about to shit myself as I opened the box. When it was finally open, I practically did shit myself, but for all the wrong reasons. After over 3 months of waiting, they made my hikers in the wrong color leather; brown-red, instead of black as I had ordered. I emailed Russell explaining the mess-up, but haven't heard back yet. I really really really, hope I don't have to wait another 3 months (which would put me on the cusp of summer) for the correct pair to be made:(

That all being said, here are some shitty iphone pictures of the boots anyways:

Russel1.jpg

Russell2.jpg

Russell4.jpg

Russell5.jpg

Russell3.jpg

they made my hikers in the wrong color leather; brown-red, instead of black as I had ordered.

really sorry to hear this...

while the boots are really nice, it is completely besides the point when you paid for something entirely different. Hopefully they take care of you.

I ordered shoes from Oak Street Bootmakers in the beginning of October and they arrived literally a few days after I left the country in early January. Still haven't seen them yet. Not quite the same situation but I know how you feel.

Ringhio boots. Figured I'd post since there's barely info on them in English. Sole is pretty sturdy, upper not as much (might be on purpose and since they're unlined, it makes them a little more floppy). Feels a bit thicker than my goat leather jacket, and has a similar texture and color.

tumblr_lfgmtvxhzn1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfgmshDGE71qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfgmrrZhrR1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfgmpfXCCy1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Huh. More info please.

But this is a general call for non-doc/solovair burgundy/cherry/oxblood tall combat boots.