Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

lilldavid,

those are looking good,

nice to see some vibergs with good use on them.

question for you:

how hard was it breaking them in?

do you remember if they were hell on your ankles and arches the first week or two, and has to 2021 sole broken in?

Lilldavid, those Vibergs look great! :) Must spread...

Davichan - congrats! Your new White's are the bomb!

I can't answer for lilldavid, but I've tried on a friend's C-Store Vibergs, and they feel completely different from the White's. Much more supple, not as heavy duty. I would think the Vibergs would be like slippies right out of the box.

The White's on the other hand... It took me quite a few weeks before they formed to my feet. Getting caught in a rainstorm helped. Don't give up - wear thick socks, like Smartwool, and walk around as much as you can...

Both boots are fantastic quality. The Viberg's have a much more refined finish, while the White's are just pure tough.

Bobcats looking good, lildavid. Nevertheless, those must be hell slippery in Sweden.

thanks for kind words!

they werent so tough on either the ankles or arches. I'm not exactly a boot expert but yeah I guess like riff was saying the leather is a bit more subtle than usual when it comes to boots in this category. the soles haven't quite broken in yet, but at least it feels like I'm wearing the boots now & not the other way around as it did in the beginning.

yeah they are kinda slippery especially now when the temperature has been going up & down like crazy. but the red wings are just as slippery though...

edit davidchan those whites are fucking awesome!

picked up these sweet ass boots from Epualet. ordered Monday, they were on my doorstep yesterday. great customer service too! these are a half size bigger than my RW GT's size 9, but the fit is exactly the same, only these are better! SUPER COMFY straight outta the box. no joke. the RW's were a bitch, these are almost "bouncy". here's the link for a better description-

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-768/Thorogood-for-Epaulet-Horsehide/Detail

i'll let the pic's do the rest of the talking. I CAN'T believe that no one here has jumped on the bandwagon for these yet. UNBELIEVABLE for the price IMHO. i'm letting the secret outta the bag. . .

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

fit pic-

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

compared to the RW's

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8257.jpg

Just wait till you give them a good polish, they only get better!

picked up these sweet ass boots from Epualet. ordered Monday, they were on my doorstep yesterday. great customer service too! these are a half size bigger than my RW GT's size 9, but the fit is exactly the same, only these are better! SUPER COMFY straight outta the box. no joke. the RW's were a bitch, these are almost "bouncy". here's the link for a better description-

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-768/Thorogood-for-Epaulet-Horsehide/Detail

i'll let the pic's do the rest of the talking. I CAN'T believe that no one here has jumped on the bandwagon for these yet. UNBELIEVABLE for the price IMHO. i'm letting the secret outta the bag. . .

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

fit pic-

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

compared to the RW's

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8257.jpg

weird, i was just gonna send you a PM asking for pics of these as i saw you post in the epaulet thread

ive been going back and forth between those and the black and tan aldens from epaulet

i wish all sites would have pics of the boots when worn. Love the soles on those which i know might be a point of contention

coleslawyum; yes! exactly what I thought; are those double leather midsoles?

amazing what a resole can do to change the appearance of a boot.

does redwing still make the 2268?

Did everyone jump on the bandwagon and pick up a pair of those Thorogoods? Cause I am going to Epaulet today and he majority of sizes from yesterday to then today are gone! Hope the size they have left fit me well otherwise I will be punching myself for the rest of the day for not ordering them last night.