Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

this is a pretty new brand (shawn stussy's other company), but has anyone ever handled these?

very good price for them too..

and nice heavy-duty vibram sole

http://s-double.com/shop/service-shoe

fullh.jpg

they also have white bucks and a brown shoe w vibram brick sole

Those arent even the Horsehides. Wtf?

Build your own by bakers will make for the same boot for 400$.

That's pretty much standard for whites in japan. Shipping, import tax, retail mark up. Etc. Just be happy you can order them direct.

Did I read right? Half soles via bakers? I love Kyle.

my preference goes to the standard last (appearance wise)

half soles on the whites? that's great news!

btw anyone have any experience regarding the water buffalo and french calf leather from whites compared to the semi-dress leather?

btw anyone have any experience regarding the water buffalo and french calf leather from whites compared to the semi-dress leather?

I have a pair of water-buffalo SD. Soft as gloves.

I suppose that the semi dress would be like the RW leather more or less. (A lot thicker than water buffalo as it is full-grain).

I am getting a pair of semi-dress leather SDs soon and I will for sure tell all about it.

my preference goes to the standard last (appearance wise)

half soles on the whites? that's great news!

I can't really speak for water buffalo, but french calf is much thinner and shinier than the dress leather. Definitely get them leather lined if you go with calf.

im trying to decide on some c&j at the moment. want an ankle boot so am thinking either the lace up country brogue islay, new lewis zip up or maybe chelsea 5 in rough out.

anyone seen any in person?

I haven't seen the ones you are talking about but I have Skye, as does coleslawyum, I have sandown and I bought snowdon for my old man. The islay looks bloody nice, a bit more country than my Skye with the grained leather and dainite sole.