Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I need some shoe help guys. My day-to-day rotation is getting stuck. I have a pair of Quoddy Maliseet oxfords and Florsheim longwings that I wear at least once a week each no matter the season. For the spring/summer I have navy and dirty bucks that easily get worked in the mix. Once fall hits, I have a pair of tan suede Red Wing Wabasha chukkas for day-to-day and Bean boots for crappy weather.

I need to add another shoe to 2 to my rotation so I'm not wearing the same shit to the office every other day. What do you guys recommend? I was thinking something like a Clarks desert boot, but that shit is so played and they quality is garbation. I'm thinking about copping those McNairy double-monks, but I need something slightly more casual. The Alden Roy boot would be ideal, but a ni99a don't got 5 hundy to drop on a pair. Just give you a sense of my aesthetic, I pretty much wear a mix of a Supreme outerwear and chinos, J Crew shirts and sweaters, and mixed staple pieces from J Press, Brooks, Barbour, North Face, etc.

Thanks in advanced. I know this is a doucheishly long and equivocatin ass post.

They're not a Japan exclusive. They're readily available through the MTO program!

Well obviously! They will make you a pink leather stack heeled one if you are custom ordering. Of the shelf they are only available in japan.

The trickers mto service is standard lasts/sizes only. And starts at something like £450. If you want a last made up it would be their bespoke service coming in over £1000

Yeah prob just go with the same number as your Indy size, but in UK sizing.

You might have to do a bit of research regarding custom options before taking the plunge.

I recommend Richard from https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/

Or you can email David from the Tricker's Factory shop

[email protected]

thanks man, I'm gonna be looking into this and order as soon as I worked everything out, been wanting those boots for quite some time now...

Well obviously! They will make you a pink leather stack heeled one if you are custom ordering. Of the shelf they are only available in japan.

The trickers mto service is standard lasts/sizes only. And starts at something like £450. If you want a last made up it would be their bespoke service coming in over £1000

i'll stick to the normal mto service, was actually more aiming at sizing from a foot tracing, not a custom last.

anyhow, do you guys know if they could do soles that are close to the soles of the ultimate indies? kinda commando soles, but less clunky, if that makes sense

Any idea if White's will be able to replace the inner heel leather piece.

It is stitched to the boot by the lines going all around the boot.

Is there a way to repair it without unstitching it?

A good cobbler should be able to patch worn thru / torn areas of the lining. I'm sure White's would patch for you thru their service program but you probably want to just take care of it locally.

Actually my Logger boots are MTO and £350, so I think you can get them cheaper.....

I've been contemplating the Frye Rogan 8R engineer boots but I'm not sure about the quality. Is there anything similar and of better quality out there or should I just go for the Fryes? I look the look of them as they're quite subtle and understated with a good heel height and shape - I don't want something too chunky. I'm in the UK so they're a lot more expensive here than the US.

IMG_8805.jpg

Very nice... I have them in brown... Wish I got the natural edge - had to use a single piece Vibram sole so I don't think it was an option...

Ed - Did you use the Bee Oil on em? Any treatment on these or just wearing them hard?

How do you like the fit? They look great...

can i have a look at yours?

nope didnt do anything or put anything these are oiled leather even if i abuse them in the next 1 year theyd still be perfectly fine..

fits perfect! i love these they look macho thanks bud

does anyone have experience in resoling shoes??? i bought a beautiful apair of vintage churchs custom grade that come with a crepe sole which became very sticky... can i get a new crepe sole for them?

many thanks!!!

Any competent cobbler can resole the shoes. Since they are welted, should be a piece of cake.

I don't understand the 'bowing' of everything I see in the MOTO catalogue. Are they build with a rocker? Do they have steel shanks?

I think it may be the lack of using shoe trees. However, I believe the bowing is a more natural walking position(rolling motion), so MOTO must exaggerate this for more comfort right out of the box.

Finally sending some pics (shitty blackberry cam)... 8" Jobmaster in Oiled Brown with Vibram Sole - 2 Heel Lifts Lower. Custom fit with mid-sole fitting - that was really key for me. So far, fit is great but Hot NY weather has kept me from wearing them as often as I'd like.

I wish WESCO did more with Oxfords - Not a big fan of the JW Classic. Now that I have the fit about down, would love to get a pair of Shoes...

IMG00007-20100711-2223-1.jpg

IMG00006-20100711-2222.jpg

IMG00008-20100711-2224.jpg

IMG00005-20100711-2222.jpg