Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

moto-mmb1001.jpg

damn those are amazing! they look so much like the trickers monkey boots and lord knows I have been wanting those for ages...

where can u buy moto?

crap, yet again, one extra pair on my list...

I think I've finally settled on White's Retro (straight heel) Semi-dress boots in either brown chromexcel or black cherry water buffalo, with a cap toe and vibram half soles (with double leather?) for my next boot.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the general consensus on sizing these? TTS?

Although,you guys are really selling me on the underslung heel...

dsc2510.jpg

These are great. I looked back thru the thread but couldn't find the original post. Anyone (zissou?) know the spec on them?

Thanks for the advice, Ed. I was thinking that the straight heel would be harder to walk in. The shape of the underslung heel looks so nice with the shape of the back of the boot. I was also thinking of single stitched welt, and I'm willing to have a half sole put on by a cobbler, but I will hit up White's.

i got the straight heels and wish i'd gotten the cuban joints. the straight jawns just look soooo... blocky.

I think that is my picture....dress brown leather cap toes, tan lining, all eyelets, double leather sole and standar tapered heel. My favorite boots by far.

If anyone is looking for a pair I'm planning on selling my single leather sole chromexcel pair. Size 11 on swing last...fits like 11.5 or 12 I would say.

i got the straight heels and wish i'd gotten the cuban joints. the straight jawns just look soooo... blocky.

Yea go with the cuban heel zissou, it's half of what white's are all about.

That pair is beautiful slide. Those (sans toe cap) will probably be mine this fall. Coveting those Russell PH's though.....what to do

Vael Project on plndr for insanely cheap, just grabbed 4 pairs. I checked the brand out when it launched and I really liked it. looks like it already went under, but they seemed to be really well built and super comfortable. Google discount codes and they'll be too cheap to pass up if you like the styles. Fits were true to size when I originally saw samples.

Really? Like I said, I dug into the brand pretty deep when it launched and couldn't find anything wrong. Vibram soles have always been good to me, and all the stitching looked clean and finished. I know Vael was from the same camp that did Medium back in the day, so they've built shoes before. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to any loggers or whatever, but most of us are pretending to be "outdoorsmen" anyways, so I wouldn't expect more of them then what they are. I'm a bit familiar with the leathers they use, but definitely no expert. What have you seen go wrong with them? Soles delam or come unstitched?

Tiro, if money is an issue, i think you are cheaper off buying the Trickers monkeyboots; Moto's are quite pricey

I think in both cases, money isn't really the problem, availability is...

well with the trickers it is for sure...

Don't fucking ever compare MOTO to Trickers. Yuk!

sorry man, don't wanna step on anyone's toes here, imho they both look very nice and the design is quite similar, I have no clue of how they compare in quality though...

^No, neither baker's or white's charges extra for this service

Hm, I was considering to buy myself a pair of Whites Oxford couple of months ago and first approached Bakers. Since I wanted them made to measurements, I asked if it would cost me something extra. I am almost certain that they replied saying : they recommend going with stock sizes, but if I insisted on getting custom, it would cost me 100$ for the first time, and after that it would be free of charge.

After this little debate here I wanted to know if my mind played a trick on me, or did they perhaps change their policy. I emailed Baker's to make sure and this is how they replied:

"White's normally doesn't charge any extra to determine your size based on

your measurements.

Please mail us your measurements to the below address and we can have

White's get your size. Once they determine your size, we will contact you to

confirm."

Couple of hours later they send me another one:

"Send us your measurements, and we will forward them to White's. They will

determine if you need a special pattern or if you can go with a stock

pattern. If a new pattern needs to be made, there may be an upcharge."

the toebox on those looks too round to me, I am feeling the MOTO's and the Trickers Monkeyboots though, dunno why, just always like the look of that style...

anyone know something more about these yuketens?

785.jpg

they look awesome

Guest I LOVE LFC
785.jpg

Yuketen Johnson Boot - Brown

£385.00

Fall Winter newcomer, the Johnson boot is made from a brown leather upper and vibram christy sole. Brogue detailing over the toe and to the vamp. They are lined with a light leather. Leather laces. Very rarely stocked and sure to be a very special boot this fall.

Made in the USA

Fit: Half size bigger fit than most Yuketens fit.

euh yeah, let me rephrase, does anyone know if these are good quality, did anyone already see them in the flesh...

also how do yuketens size compared to RW's or something

Guest I LOVE LFC

I've seen them, they are really good, as expected. Did not try though, was after angler mocs at the time.

With the sizing, from personnal experience of trying quite a few pairs of Yuketen on, its a pretty mixed bag, to me every shoes slightly different, even in the same size. I know that sounds stupid but hopefully you know what I mean.