Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Engineer boots the new semi dress? God I hope not.

I hope you guys are riding a motorcycle in them or working on a train or something. HA! Who am I kidding.

Thank you for some truth.

This whole "I wanna dress like a construction/railroad worker while spending 2 grand on my outfit" is going a little far.

Casual Aldens are one thing, but when you're rocking (insert brand of the month) construction boots with your oxfords & dress button-downs... I dunno, it just seems a little ridiculous.

I know this is total blasphemy on this forum but it just seems like people are trying a little too hard.

Engineer boots the new semi dress? God I hope not.

I hope you guys are riding a motorcycle in them or working on a train or something. HA! Who am I kidding.

I don't ride a motorcycle yet, but I am an engineer and I do work in a plastics plant so steel toed boots are required. Ive wanted a pair of engineer boots for years, but never similar to the what you're implying, I felt like I'd be a poser if I got them without really needing them.

well that comment was directed towards me I guess (what did I win?)

I always wanted another pair of Engineers after the RW 2971 I have and then I saw these BNWT on eBay and got them for half of retail. I couldn't resist.

And them being suede, they are most liely not really meant to be worn on a locomitive.

And adding to that all: I'm also an engineer (in food technology that is)

why I even defend myself?!

There's nothing wrong with owning and wearing engineer boots.... Now if you dress with the chaps, leather biker jacket and harley shirt and DON'T ride a motorcycle... then Yes... there is something wrong with that.

But do you not like a guy to wear a business suit if he's not doing business?

wear a diver's watch if he's not in full scuba?

Wear cowboy boots if he's not riding atop a horse?

Thanks!

My favorite is the double leather sole (and those cap toe boots are my favorite boots overall as well, absolutely love them!). Love the look, love the feel. The rubber is obviously the most versatile though and I tend not to wear either of the leather sole versions when it's going to be wet out. The rubber sole version is basically my winter boot and it does a great job for that.

I like the look of the single leather sole, especially paired with the close sole trim with the single rather then double stitching. It isn't quite as comfortable walking around as the double leather sole though, but the sleek appearance is a nice change from my chunkier double sole version.

Holy shit, no one can take a joke. I say the exact same thing about every other boot on here that is obviously over engineered for anything that anyone will ever do with them. Check my posts, you'll see.

I fully realize that 3/4 of any shoe/boot worn these days is soley based on fashion. period, dot, end.

Holy shit, no one can take a joke. I say the exact same thing about every other boot on here that is obviously over engineered for anything that anyone will ever do with them. Check my posts, you'll see.

I fully realize that 3/4 of any shoe/boot worn these days is soley based on fashion. period, dot, end.

I'm just joshing you Denim.... loosen your shoelaces.....

always assumed my next pair of boots would be Whites but these custom build Trickers could change my mind!

brown cordovan leather, leather lined, commando soles, natural edge, cap toe...

f_118sylrs0m_66de5f9.jpg

always assumed my next pair of boots would be Whites but these custom build Trickers could change my mind!

I found the cordovan that Trickers sources from some tannery in South America (I think) is not as good as the Alden cordovan, by a large margin. It's definitely not Horween (at least not these)

DSC00061.jpg

Oh, and my RM Williams rigger boots arrived. Initial thoughts. Nice, well constructed except for some crappy work done on the shoelace hardware (tore up my laces - which doesn't bother me too much, since I'm not really feeling the green ones they came with). I have to go at it with the nail punch to clean that up. They're also supposed to be made on the Craftsman last, but they fit a bit narrower (I'm guessing because the last was designed for a Chelsea style boot and not laces). Could have gone up a width, but they're not too bad to wear with thinner socks.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

f_118sylrs0m_66de5f9.jpg

I want those boots pretty badly. Please let me know where you found the photo. And where they can be purchased/ordered.

Thanks.

f_118sylrs0m_66de5f9.jpg

I want those boots pretty badly. Please let me know where you found the photo. And where they can be purchased/ordered.

Thanks.

The upper is a standard Trickers Herman in cordovan. I'm guessing this is a Japanese custom model - and likely to run over $800....

BTW Slab - hard to compare this to the Whites, cuz it's a very different boot..

I found the cordovan that Trickers sources from some tannery in South America (I think) is not as good as the Alden cordovan, by a large margin. It's definitely not Horween (at least not these)

Totally agree with you. The Herman is a lovely boot, but the shell is not of the same quality as the Alden shell. Still a great boot, but there is no way I would pay for what that custom boot likely costs.

If you are dead set on getting it, you'd be better off buying the stock boot & having a good cobbler mod the sole & welt for you....

Nice RM's Indigo! :)

Thanks.

Those Trickers boots are the Hermann model (https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Custom_Made_Tricker_s_Gallery/Custom_Made_Trickers_Hermann_2033.html) and are Made To Order. They're pretty expensive especially if done in Shell Cordovan.

I would recommend getting them from Richard of Shoehealer. https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/

I get all my Trickers from him. His service is top notch!

Sorry, I wasn't around when this was covered the first time and I was too lazy to search before I asked the question. I promise I'll try harder in the future.:)

Oh yeah, and thanks to Slide13 for graciously answering my noob question...

Don't worry I wasn't referring to you. I meant the whole can't wear blah unless you do the job it was designed for 100 years ago argument.

Sorry of this is a trivial question, but do you need to tread Red Wings with that waterproof spray for leather? They are tanned already though.

if new,you dont have to apply anything for some while.if the leather gets worn and dry i apply anything which is in reach,beeswax,snoseal,kiwi polish,even minkoil,whatever...just workboots.

to me its beeswax but each to their own.

screw that...Obenauf's!

Just got the Russell Mocs catalog in the mail, looks like their mountain PH might be my next shoe.

Here's some evo on my White's SJ. From new to used with about 6 months of daily prison camp style labor...better camera now though:)

img1538l.jpg

dsc0834x.jpg