Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

A new bike gave me a good excuse for a pair of boots I've been eying for awhile. Viberg was nice enough to send me a stock pair of black #90 stallions to try on before ordering my own custom mocha stallions, even though I'm not big on black it was hard packaging them back up and sending them back.

2wno5c4.jpg

Not enough cowboy boot love around here!

Is there no J.crew/Alden Indy love? Using the search function didn't give much talk. I am retuning a pair of J.Crew Iron Rangers and will have $298 store credit that I need to spend and realised that with a student discount I am only about $80 away from the Indys. It is probably the only chance I will have to afford a pair of Aldens so I am really thinking of doing it.

Kinda worried about the leather choice. I wear boots pretty hard

Those indies look great. Do you expect to send them back to Alden for recrafting eventually?

Alden's standard Indy is priced up there with the ultimates and j.crew indy boots now. Is there anywhere left to get it at the old price?

If you can find the old 'duck' lined INDY's - you should be able to get the old price. Otherwise, the new INDYs are all fully leather-lined and full-priced. So you might as well buy the Ultimates or J Crew if you prefer the styling, cause the new boots are constructed to the same standard.

I had my boots in for mid-sole fitting. Basically, am 8" Jobmaster without the sole - glued onto some leather so i could try them on my foot.

Boots were a little too short and need to be a touch wider. I sent them back to WESCO for adjustment - waiting for the custom fit guys to come back to me. I spoke to them and they told me that there would be no problem putting them back on my last (with adjustments) and adjusting the size.

Again - it's all about the wait.... I figure it's gonna take these guys another 2-3 months to complete. Which will mean 6 months + from order to finish.

Will post pics when finished...

Helped a friend polish up his Chausser Cordovan boots today. Some heavy duty wear over the past six months has seen them go from a cream coloured, pristine cordo to an amazing honey coloured, two toned beast of a boot.

Before;

P6283399.jpg

After;

P6283412.jpg

P6283406.jpg

desu

Christ! What a couple of pages! Brookes Bros desert boots and those Red Wings are lovely, and Ethan's friend's Chausseur's are unbelievable

here's my last cordo update- af53 #8. I've had these a couple of years. Haven;t worn them that much recently, but getting them out again I think I will now:)

4741355655_086cc2915e.jpg

4741991198_81cbe038a7.jpg

4741991096_bd4aace3b8.jpg

4741991440_66acbe5d3e.jpg

4741991328_5116c20f1b.jpg

fre$co, maknoget+rep. ...good shit!...

@maknoget: how have you treated your 2904s mate?...

thanks Thin, they're 2907s, the 2904s are the light brown ones, I think, I used RW shoe cream on these and polished 'em a bit. I like how they turned out.

good stuff Rodeo Bill

nice work on the cordos Ethandesu, looking into investing on some cordos someday.

New Chrome Hearts x Wesco Japan only collection:

chromehearts-boots.jpg

Gotta remember, anything that's metal on these boots (including the hardware) is made of jewelry grade sterling silver.

Excessive, but then again, what isn't in Japan?

Too bad these are "distressed", could be pretty sweet. I wonder if a heavy polishing would take the pre-done scratches out?

med.jpg?51_1277148618

I'll let you know in August, when they finally ship.:) I had a credit with Gilt, so when I realized I could snag a pair of these for $40, I figured I couldn't loose.

Apologies if I'm spamming, but I just found another William Lennon boot, made in Derby, that turns me on. I love the almost calvin-esque plain-ness of them. Well-priced at £124.

178lighttanpshopbig.jpg

MOre info here:

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/178-tan-waxy-leather-sole-boot.html

And a selection of their cooler boots here

I know fre$co has seen these - do tell more about the construction. Has anyone worn them??

Over at Styleforum, someone commented that these boots are ok "as long as you work in construction."!