Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i wish you people would stop posting your roughouts, it is driving me crazy. WWII impressions is out of stock with no expected date for a restock, ATF is out of theres in most sizes and say they will not be restocking...ever. Whats a fella to do?

Those Red Wings are awesome, I have seen them on a few sites but they are EU and near $400.

Roughout and GT updates. Been wearing the roughouts basically everyday for about 6 months.

21o7vc7.jpg

And if my two pairs of boots mated

smyhl4.jpg

placed an order for my first semi dress from baker shoe

ordered my "indy" size :crosses fingers:

SPECS:

Last: Standard

Sole: Vibram 700

All Antique Eyes

Edge: Natural

Distressed Rough Out

Single midsole

Close Trim

Single Celastic Toe

Traveler heel

no toe cap, no lining

going for M43 steez minus the rivets

will post pics in the dead of summer

How are people's Roy boots coming along? I'd love to see some updates now that it's been a few months for a few of you...

Still anxiously waiting for mine...

Here are mine. About 2 months in. Not as much as some but I beat the hell out of my boots. I am really impressed with the comfort of these. I had previously worm DBs most of the time and they kiiled my feet. These I can stand all day. I have some concerns about the build and their long term sustainability compared to a pair of GTs or whatnot which you can see in my pictures but here you go. I have treated these once with saddle and leather dressing you get from Blundstone stores. Forget what it is called but it is almost entirely tallow.

One with a flash for comparison sake.

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

The leather toe piece can slightly separated from the rubber as seen in this picture.

IMG_0890.JPG

The nails seems to be disappearing bit by bit as seen in this picture. I have worn them in the rain a few times and that toe patch gets mighty soft. The missing nail might have been pushed in and enveloped.

IMG_0888.JPG

I have noticed this white thread loosening up here. Hopefully it is nothing to serious. I won't be happy if these have to go in for repairs withing a year of owning them.

I wear them every day so I'll keep posting pics so people can get a sense of how they age. I'll probably go back to GTs for the Canadian winter because crepe soles do nothing to prevent slipping.

Oh and they change colour in every light. Some they look like a lot more red and other times they almost look like they have a purple hue to them. Got to love the leather.

10shoe_337_span-articleLarge-v2.jpg

"Perfectly preserved under layers of sheep dung (who needs cedar closets?), the shoe, made of cowhide and tanned with oil from a plant or vegetable, is about 5,500 years old, older than Stonehenge and the Egyptian pyramids, scientists say. Leather laces crisscross through numerous leather eyelets, and it was worn on the right foot; there is no word on the left shoe."

via nytimes.

Yo superfriends,

I was hoping I could get some guidance on polishing this guy:

IMG_2646.jpg

The brush, rag, and natural polish came from the manufacturer with the shoe.

Do I apply apply the polish the rag, brush it in vigorously with the brush, and then buff with the rag? Is any water/wetting required? Any help is appreciated. If it makes any difference the leather is antelope and water buffalo. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Damp towel for sure. Paper towel leaves behind little paper balls. Always let them dry completely before applying polish. One trick to do is to apply polish with your hands. The natural warmth of your fingers will melt some of the polish into the pores. Or put it under a warm lamp for a bit to make sure it melts into the leather.

At least that how the guys at Brift H do it.

thats how i do it i light up the polish in the can ala de niro and apply using damp cotton and i dont use brush i polish off with damp cotton

Back when the Air Force required us to polish our boots, I'd apply the polish with a cotton ball and then while it's on the boot, hit it with a lighter. Damp cotton ball (like Ed said) to polish it out.

Occasional layer of floor wax for a bling bling shine.

hello guys, I bought a pair of GTs last month (my first pair of good leathers :P), and I've begun to notice creases/wrinkles were the leather bends. Should I be worried? Is the leather dry?

Also, I applied shoe cream on them, so would applying leather conditioner be affective? Or would I have to remove the shoe cream layer?

thanks

1671s9f.jpg

Guest jbone45
stop it. wear your boots.

Wish I could give rep. Thank you for saying this.

Why in the hell did you buy a pair of boots that men have been wearing to perform hard labor in for over 100 years? I guess for the same reason most of you did..to see how pretty they turn out after 8 months.

These are my Alden for Blackbird Charles Leo Gebhardt IV pro-model. I wear them with the Bb Hazlewood jeans, and the indigo has rubbed off nicely (I think).

IMAG0128-1.jpg

I think these look terrific!

How about some higher-resolution pics, and some fit-pics?