Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

The weight can vary. They are all relatively heavy but my single leather sole pair is pretty standard compared to other boots. My double leather cap toes are a little heavier and my rubber soled pair in smokejumper leather are downright tanks...but I love them anyway :) Honestly, once on my feet I don't notice the weight.

i wear my smoke jumper double midsole plus vibram sole and red dog and distress leather 5 times a week for work i dont feel like theyre heavy its just getting used to them

The weight can vary. They are all relatively heavy but my single leather sole pair is pretty standard compared to other boots. My double leather cap toes are a little heavier and my rubber soled pair in smokejumper leather are downright tanks...but I love them anyway :) Honestly, once on my feet I don't notice the weight.

They really have a great look and I like the idea of supporting a hand-crafted US business, not to mention legandary durability.

Would you put the heft of a single leather sole SD on par with Redwings?

My GT's feel lighter then any of my Semi-Dress boots in hand, but once on my feet I don't notice much difference with the leather sole SD boots. I like the feel of a nice substantial boot. I think in part the difference is due to the almost non-existent heel on the GT's (which is what I don't like about those boots, much prefer the higher heel height of the White's).

They are both great boots....I would choose based on what looks you like better. I prefer the look of the White's myself but I still wear my Alden's regularly and enjoy them a lot as well. Hard to go wrong either way, but there is something special about the White's IMO and the process of ordering them exactly how you want them and then having them show up in a few weeks is pretty sweet. I love that level of control over what I get.

what's weird is on the context website the roy's look much more pointy in the toe which i wasn't a big fan of. then all the pics i've seen here looked more round and i was hooked. i checked the site again but my size wasn't listed! so i called them and lo and behold they had one pair in stock so no waiting 6 months!

it felt a lot like when i got my first pair of wallabees but with better ankle support. kinda wish i could get the same sole put on my indy's.

for some reason i think you're gonna be ok. post here when you get back!

My Roy's held up famously... that's how I got my Roy's. I do not have the patience to wait six months. I called and they had them so I ordered them immediately.

please dont post them again. it makes me sad that im 17 with no constant source of income.

Ha, I saw those and was going to bid just because they looked so strange to me, and no one had bid on them at the time. Just shows how little I know, turns out they were in an actual catalog. I think the seller said they were meant for display in the description.

Good eye marineabilly

Just won these rare bad boys - I think my collection is complete. These'll definitely look better and better with age.

gitd.jpg

d0075828_1415439.jpg

Pitt boot looks great but I'd rather get them in black calf leather, I'm sure my wallet would thank me. Chamois looks great as well

just saw my next pair of White's boots. This is exactly what i had in mind! (maybe without toe cap)

black horween leather

block heel

img56755731.jpg

img56755732.jpg

img56755733.jpg