Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Nice shoes, but what jeans are those. The denim is hairy as fuck.

What model SC comes with this "slack denim."

i wish that suede joint didn't have a toecap

and i wish it had rivets

I think rivets could be put on those pretty easily.

I love my Roys. I have had them for a couple weeks now and they are super comfortable and I am on my feet almost all day when at work. Tomorrow will be the true test. 10 hours of work, going away party right after work and then partying it up after the party with a friend I see once a year. If my feet don't hurt at the end of that I am a lifelong customer of Alden's

what's weird is on the context website the roy's look much more pointy in the toe which i wasn't a big fan of. then all the pics i've seen here looked more round and i was hooked. i checked the site again but my size wasn't listed! so i called them and lo and behold they had one pair in stock so no waiting 6 months!

^ Nice Roys!

The plantation sole is pretty great. I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried them.

it felt a lot like when i got my first pair of wallabees but with better ankle support. kinda wish i could get the same sole put on my indy's.

I love my Roys. I have had them for a couple weeks now and they are super comfortable and I am on my feet almost all day when at work. Tomorrow will be the true test. 10 hours of work, going away party right after work and then partying it up after the party with a friend I see once a year. If my feet don't hurt at the end of that I am a lifelong customer of Alden's

for some reason i think you're gonna be ok. post here when you get back!

it felt a lot like when i got my first pair of wallabees but with better ankle support. kinda wish i could get the same sole put on my indy's.

!

Honestly, I like the Indy sole better for my feet. Definitely not as squishy but it has a more stable platform which I think gives better comfort for me when I'm walking a lot or standing all day. Take a look at the Foot Balance heel sometime- it's that shape that gives some kind of extra support under the arch. I also really like the plain double leather sole found on a lot of Aldens.

At any rate, enjoy them Roys!

BTW: Epaulet just did an Indy with plantation crepe sole

2%20Stroke%20Indy%20Lo.jpg

speaking of sole... SOUL GLOW!

Finally got my order in at WESCO - thru Bakers Shoe... The process went very smoothly and I spoke to Pete from WESCO about fit...

I ordered an 8" Jobmaster in Brown - Lace to Toe with a #430 Vibram Sole (with a low heel). Fit is key for me and Pete recommended the Lace to Toe as he believes that I can get a better fit with this style than plain toe - just more control / adjustment points.

Also recommended that I do a Mid-Sole Fitting, which essentially involves WESCO shipping me the boots before they are completed (pre-sole) for a fitting. I'll have some additional costs in the final price but it will be worth it to know I'll be getting a pair of boots that fit well (with orthotics).

I'm pretty pumped up about the whole process - just sucks to have to wait! Thanks to all for their advice - I'll post some pics when we hit the mid-sole fit stage.

Still waiting on WESCO - Been 11 weeks and nothing in the mail from them yet. I'm basically waiting to do the mid-sole fitting, which is gonna add another 1.5-3 weeks to the process.

Contacted the custom department who told me they are running behind... Anyone else experiencing very long wait times for WESCO?

Still waiting on WESCO - Been 11 weeks and nothing in the mail from them yet. I'm basically waiting to do the mid-sole fitting, which is gonna add another 1.5-3 weeks to the process.

Contacted the custom department who told me they are running behind... Anyone else experiencing very long wait times for WESCO?

I waited 6-8 months for my boots when I ordered them a few years ago.... but the day that box arrives you forget all about the wait.

Here's a pair of ancient Aldens that may be on the wrong side of age. One can imagine some nickle-fucking, shitcanned Yankee kicking many a family dog as the Sox choked away yet another pennant, year after year. In my size and only three bucks, but I have a feeling they will wind up in the donation bin fairly soon. It is heartening to see a pair so well worn, though:

img0790yg.jpg

Are those modified last? I have the same shoes on Modified - don't dump them, send them to Alden and get them refurbed...

Honestly, I like the Indy sole better for my feet. Definitely not as squishy but it has a more stable platform which I think gives better comfort for me when I'm walking a lot or standing all day. Take a look at the Foot Balance heel sometime- it's that shape that gives some kind of extra support under the arch. I also really like the plain double leather sole found on a lot of Aldens.

At any rate, enjoy them Roys!

BTW: Epaulet just did an Indy with plantation crepe sole

2%20Stroke%20Indy%20Lo.jpg

speaking of sole... SOUL GLOW!

These look really interesting!