Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

they look brass

Just picked these up from the Dayton store. One of a kind. Really pleased and excited to start breaking them in. Wore them all day today and my feet are a little sore :)

Hope you all enjoy

P1000726.jpg?t=1270601205

P1000725-1.jpg?t=1270601135

P1000727.jpg?t=1270601254

strange they would use shell on those shoes and not even have a goodyear welt. looks like glued on soles.

Probably not shell cordovan. Still wearable though.

I've been waiting so long...

finally, got these just few minuites ago.

my very first Whit's boots!!

made with brown chromexel leather, #38 americano type.

really heavy than I expected but comfortable.

my old digital camera cannot express how they wonderful.. OTL

l_7c6e7ea658f546e98e8609638347959c.jpg

l_b6d49c22a2b54b02990f860558a820c6.jpg

l_caafb2918a1c49b993d71017a74344fe.jpg

Nice White's, although I'm not a big fan of the shape of that last. The toe of the boot almost looks like it points outwards. I much prefer the semidress last.

Speaking of semidress, these look great:

Product-048.jpg

Product-131.jpg

Product-024.jpg

Product-132.jpg

Are these available through a North American distributor, or only in Asia?

strange they would use shell on those shoes and not even have a goodyear welt. looks like glued on soles.

What's even stranger is that they would not use shell cordovan leather on a pair of shell cordovan shoes. (10)

And they're fucking ugly.

great work morse,thats how it should be done.my RW 9011s got badly scratched and abused last weekend,i gave them a quick wash with water and a brush,treated the scratches with burgundy Kiwi and applied some beeswax on top.after polishing they looked like before,if not better.a quality boot doesnt take any harm.

My other leather shoes get cleaned and obenauf'd to fill in cuts in the leather. but I found my roughouts a bit different because it doesn't take treatment and just goes bald from cuts and scrapes. However that looks in the end so be it. I'll continue to kill them and they'll look better with age I'm sure. They already do..

In a week and a half i'll actually have a little shoe collection for the first time in my life!

Two nice pair of MOTOs:

A beautiful pair of caramel whole cut desert boots.

And the only black footwear I want, a pair of black monkey boots.

Next up is either some white Repettos, the jazz model.

Or a pair of quoddy deck chukkas in bison.

I'm stoked. :P

My other leather shoes get cleaned and obenauf'd to fill in cuts in the leather. but I found my roughouts a bit different because it doesn't take treatment and just goes bald from cuts and scrapes. However that looks in the end so be it. I'll continue to kill them and they'll look better with age I'm sure. They already do..

Morse - you're White's look awesome! Definitely better with age & you're using them for their intended purpose!

White's, Wesco, etc, are all great & restoring & re-soling their boots as needed, so keep beating 'em! :)

When we were up at the cottage over spring break, I found my old Wescos that I wore over 4-5 summers, tree-planting & such hard labor. I think they've been re-soled twice, but the leather is starting to show its age. Too small for me now, sadly :(

wesco1.jpg

i wear my whites when I'm kind of dressed up but not really... What's the word I'm looking for here... Partially dressed?

As in.. pyjamas with boots?

I'm looking forward to pairing my new MOTOs with my new Riders.

Cheers.