Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I went straight through White's (their phone number is on their website) and had a great experience. Price seems to be about the same as Baker, I just don't see the necessity of adding a middle-man to the process.

I say just do the foot tracing, send them in with a written order explaining what you want and then follow that up with a phone call in a few days. I had my boots in about 3 weeks and the fit is perfect.

I'm going through Bakers right now. When I called White's directly, they told me they couldn't make me a pair of boots without an arch (orthotics, foot issues)... Bakers coordinated with White's and determined that they could make me a pair of Smokejumpers on the Northwest Last. I feel like they found a potential solution to my issue, so I'm dealing with them.. They're sending my order, measurements and an old pair of my orthotics to White's this week.. Waiting for feedback from White's on sizing... Will keep you guys updated on the process.

chromexels.jpg

My latest pick up. Basically a "Roy" shoe. Brown Chromexcel leather, natural reverse welt, plantation crepe sole. I have a decent amount of boots at this point so I wanted to find a casual shoe. These were the winners!

Got them from Leffot in NYC. My wife and I ended up chatting with Steven for about two hours about shoes. His store is beautiful and his knowledge and selection of shoes is amazing. It was a fantastic experience. Highly recommended!

ah, so the may release is for the third run of the Roy boots , which means my pair should be mailed around february/march?! good times!

Dubbed them rough outs last night:

First boot done:

IMG_6217.jpg

and this is what they look like today:

IMG_6224.jpg

i'm not quite sure if i should change the laces but i kinda like them like this, what do you think, should i change them for some darker ones?

did you size em right? how come it looks too tight on the "ball" area? ( lace area)

sorry, i i could not not reply back right away cuz i can't access SuFu in my apt. the leather is still stiff, so i laced them a bit loose. i sized them like RWs. i normally take an 9E on RWs. i could've gone 1/2 size bigger, but they're lace to toe, so i figured i'll have about the same toe box room as an E width once the leather softens up & stretch. +