Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Goddamn Rodeo Bill that's a nice collection of boots you've got going.

Have you any tips for keeping the cordovan looking so good? After two years they look great.

fyi the Epaulet officer boots I've got coming are double-leather sole, I'll let you know how they feel.

thanks for all the nice comments guys :) less than half way through so far- more to come!

Here's my Yamane Deluxe (Evisu JP) bowling shoes, made in England by Cheaney. Also around 18months-2 years, could do with a polish:

4159571401_d16405c834_m.jpg

4160325982_54cb25c074_m.jpg

4159571957_1d64465dd3_m.jpg

Aries- no big secrets on looking after cordovan- I use Alden's cordovan polish, put on with a cloth then brushed off. I use shoe trees on all my shoes/boots, but other than that I don;t look after them at all.

My normal moto is "buy quality once, buy crap again and again," but every once in a while I like trying to find things that are non-proven and cheap. That's the case with these boots I picked up from Farm and Fleet for $60...had them a while now, beat the crap out of them and they still look good and are crazy comfortable.

vnza15.jpg

2ajanoz.jpg

2zf72n6.jpg

Kind of a long shot but does anyone do the #8 NST Tankers on true balance with a crepe? I know its available in Barrie and modified modified but the former didn't fit right and the latter was too exp (Japanese cordovan Alden's run over 1k). This is my dream boot!

nice find!! +rep! how long have you worn these? anyone else want to share experiences with this brand??

My normal moto is "buy quality once, buy crap again and again," but every once in a while I like trying to find things that are non-proven and cheap. That's the case with these boots I picked up from Farm and Fleet for $60...had them a while now, beat the crap out of them and they still look good and are crazy comfortable.

vnza15.jpg

2ajanoz.jpg

2zf72n6.jpg

So, they haven't aged yet as I just got them but I guarantee they will be looking better as they do.

On November 9th I did my foot tracings, wrote a letter describing the options I wanted and sent it all off to White's. On the 18th I received confirmation that my order had been received and since these were to be a Christmas gift from my parents I was told to give them a call in a couple weeks to check on the status to make sure we were on track. I called them on Friday December 4th to check on the status and was advised that they had just shipped out that Tuesday. Quick check of the tracking number told me it was going to be a long weekend but a great Monday (and how often do you really get a great Monday). I was thrilled, that is quick turnaround for custom order boots.

Today the box arrived. Not much to see here...just your basic shoe box with some tissue paper. Simple and no-frills.

dsc2495y.jpg

My first view of the boots impressed me very much. I love the overall look of these things.

dsc2496w.jpg

Details are:

Semi-Dress boots size 11.5 D (same size as Red Wing GT, Alden 405 and Barrie

brown Semi-Dress leather

all eyelets in antique finish

tan leather lining

double leather soles

leather toe cap in same leather

single celastic toe box

Sorry for the excess of pictures but I'm just so impressed with these I wanted to share.

dsc2498.jpg

dsc2500d.jpg

dsc2501.jpg

dsc2499h.jpg

dsc2511hc.jpg

dsc2515q.jpg

dsc2510.jpg

yep, big toe caps but I knew that going in. It's just the way White's and Wesco seem to do it. I like it...looks less "dressy" which is totally not what I'm going for with these. I thought about requesting a shorter one but then I decided I would just let them do it their way. Some pictures make it look more pronounced then it really is too, but they are pretty big.

So, they haven't aged yet as I just got them but I guarantee they will be looking better as they do.

On November 9th I did my foot tracings, wrote a letter describing the options I wanted and sent it all off to White's. On the 18th I received confirmation that my order had been received and since these were to be a Christmas gift from my parents I was told to give them a call in a couple weeks to check on the status to make sure we were on track. I called them on Friday December 4th to check on the status and was advised that they had just shipped out that Tuesday. Quick check of the tracking number told me it was going to be a long weekend but a great Monday (and how often do you really get a great Monday). I was thrilled, that is quick turnaround for custom order boots.

Today the box arrived. Not much to see here...just your basic shoe box with some tissue paper. Simple and no-frills.

My first view of the boots impressed me very much. I love the overall look of these things.

Details are:

Semi-Dress boots size 11.5 D (same size as Red Wing GT, Alden 405 and Barrie

brown Semi-Dress leather

all eyelets in antique finish

tan leather lining

double leather soles

leather toe cap in same leather

single celastic toe box

Sorry for the excess of pictures but I'm just so impressed with these I wanted to share.

Gorgeous boots - nice pickup, congrats!

slide13 - those are looking great - I ordered a very similar boot except they're 8" jumpers - toe cap and all but i got dark brown f.calf on the shaft. ordered them from bakershoes first week of Nov...... but no word on them yet...

Sounds awesome, be sure to post pics when you get them.

I was really surprised with the turnaround time but I did go direct through White's rather then through Baker's so that might have something to do with it. Hopefully you'll be getting yours any day now though.

nice find!! +rep! how long have you worn these? anyone else want to share experiences with this brand??

thanks...I've had them about 3 months and worn them most days. They have aged really well, definitely better than what I paid for. Insanely comfortable. I haven't done anything to them at all yet. Prolly put a coat of Obenauf's on here shortly as it's snowing now in the midwest and the salt/snow can really screw with leather.

vnza15.jpg

2ajanoz.jpg

2zf72n6.jpg

made in usa?