Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

check these:

<a href="http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod79359491&catId=cat107074"></a>

not sure about jcrew's quality in regard to shoes, but the clothes are usually very solid, and they seem to have stepped up their quality overall in recent seasons. has anyone come across these in the stores, similar look to indy's, but half the price.

any thoughts?

Man those JCrews are Indy-alikes. I like the color of them. Good option for those who don't want to spend $300 on boots.

I would buy a pair of those jcrew boots right now if it wasnt for that lug sole. I guess I'll just have to hold out for the real thing. After seeing airfrogs and rnrswitchs pics I want to join the club. How are they breaking in rnrswitch? Are they your primary footwear now? I should just buy a pair and quit reading this thread haha.

I would buy a pair of those jcrew boots right now if it wasnt for that lug sole. I guess I'll just have to hold out for the real thing. After seeing airfrogs and rnrswitchs pics I want to join the club. How are they breaking in rnrswitch? Are they your primary footwear now? I should just buy a pair and quit reading this thread haha.

Every single day... Have stopped wearing cons and my fryes. The Indys get better by the day.

the jcrews are such a blatant rip-off of the indy's. they're not even hiding it. it actually makes me want to get the authentic version even more.

BigTime, i agree about the Frye boots. if i get a pair, it will definitely be the engineer boots (the one with the buckle).

btw, my black taxtos which i bought around the same time as my alden shell cordovans are already starting to look worse for the wear--even after polishing. :(

the jcrews are such a blatant rip-off of the indy's. they're not even hiding it. it actually makes me want to get the authentic version even more.

Indeed. If you can't make it better don't do it. I want those Alden Indy's too much. Soon I will have a pair... No wait, I like those Tricker's too... :)

BigTime, i agree about the Frye boots. if i get a pair, it will definitely be the engineer boots (the one with the buckle).

btw, my black taxtos which i bought around the same time as my alden shell cordovans are already starting to look worse for the wear--even after polishing. :(

I saw the pics of the new Brando Fryes, and they are ridiculous. I want them so much, but know I can't have them.

superfuture completely blew up the nyc alden spot. no more indy's left in normal sizes, and the guy says he can't get anymore till december. thanks guys, i finally commit, waste my time going up to midtown with my 290$ in my hand like i was looking for some dope, and.... sold out.

carlos was scrubbing the selvage indigo stains off the carpets

mrswitch, those Brando boots are just begging for some dry denim, like, say, black Samurais, aren't they? That'll be vicious.

Those things are ridiculous. Hands down the best looking fryes out there. Denim with those will take us back to "The Wild One" days. Denim and Motorcycles.

superfuture completely blew up the nyc alden spot. no more indy's left in normal sizes, and the guy says he can't get anymore till december. thanks guys, i finally commit, waste my time going up to midtown with my 290$ in my hand like i was looking for some dope, and.... sold out.

carlos was scrubbing the selvage indigo stains off the carpets

damn a trail of indigo leads to murder...:eek: