Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

yeah the shoes are pretty decent for the price i got them, but overall the quality of the boot is lacking a bit

i'm pretty careless with them, so i scuffed them a fair bit already and i only apply some shoe polish every now and then. i think i did that 3 times or so since i got them

my next pair of leather shoes is definately going to be something up the alley of red wings or so. but i'm not in a hurry to replace these yet

1099228491.jpg

這款由The Real McCOY'S 出品的 BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 相信對不少人都產生了極大的強烈印象

除了強悍又近於完美的外型以外

極細密高質感馬皮的使用、鞋型楦頭的設計、鞋面上特殊的凸出壓紋、鞋底設計與材質

超翹的鞋頭、穿著後的質感都是讓人無法抗拒的吸引力

dscf0108sy9.jpg

這是初代BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 在全新時的狀態

而經過小段時間穿著後狀況如下

dscf0014l.jpg

dscf0017awp.jpg

dscf0021xnt.jpg

由於整體的設計與材質的使用造就了BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 無可取代的地位

2007年第二代BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 重新推出

1082366459.jpg

同樣使用馬皮材質但是因為皮質與初代的BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 差異

且細節的設計上也多有不同

因此僅生產一年便再度終止企劃

2008年為了克服第二代BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 在皮質上密度上略遜於初代款式的缺陷

重新企劃以牛皮(選擇最細密的部位)經特殊製程後做到與第一代馬皮款幾乎相同質感的皮質

再度推出第三代款式

ui49ba316c.jpg

楦頭與鞋面上極靴筒高度都做了不同的改變

而本篇的重點在於The Real McCOY'S 公司目前已經重新找到更優於前三代款式的皮質

即將在2010年的春夏(目前暫定發售時間)

隆重重新推出第四代的全新BUCO ENGINEER BOOT

1765249786.jpg

第四代的全新BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 整雙鞋子的皮質都採用目前公認密度最優最細緻的馬臀部皮革製作

由於馬臀皮產量極少且價格高昂、製作上更是增加了極大的困難度

1765249788.jpg

而且第四代BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 細節設計上再度回歸到與第一代相同的細節

如超翹的楦頭、鞋底配置、重點是鞋面上兩道非常明顯且立體凸起的壓痕

(與二代款式大不同)

1765249795.jpg

這次有幸在The Real McCOY'S 公司尚未發表黔首先看到實際樣品

且取得詳細相關資訊

而本次The Real McCOY'S 公司新品發表會也尚未正式發表這第四代的BUCO ENGINEER BOOT

1765249882.jpg

上圖為 2009/07/01 The Real McCOY'S 公司秋冬新品發表會中所展示的鞋款

左邊為第四代款式(列為參考商品尚未正式發表)、右邊為第三代款式

可看出明顯差異

預計 The Real McCOY'S 公司第四代的BUCO ENGINEER BOOT 發表時間應該在2009年底

敬請期待

I just won these boots via ebay and I have a question. These are Goodyear welted, would I be able to take them to a cobbler that is a certified Vibram repairman and have the Vibram crepe soles that are on Red Wings put on? How does that work? Does the cobbler have a catalog to pick through or can I just tell him the model number of the sole (does anyone know this?)? Thanks in advance.

281113219_o.jpg

Anybody heard about these 1000 mile boots from Wolverine. The leather is from the Horween factory. They look pretty nice. I have not been able to find anywhere that sells them online. I was hoping to find a price on them.

http://www.wolverine1000mile.com/#/Rust/

There are a few other boots on the site that look nice.

there was a little bit of discussion about them a few pages back, but that link is definitely new to me. those are the best pics i've seen of them and they look great. the whole collection looks incredible.

I just won these boots via ebay and I have a question. These are Goodyear welted, would I be able to take them to a cobbler that is a certified Vibram repairman and have the Vibram crepe soles that are on Red Wings put on? How does that work? Does the cobbler have a catalog to pick through or can I just tell him the model number of the sole (does anyone know this?)? Thanks in advance.

you sure can take it to a cobble and get it re-sole, also just tell them you want to replace it w/ the vibram crepe soles.

Anybody heard about these 1000 mile boots from Wolverine. The leather is from the Horween factory. They look pretty nice. I have not been able to find anywhere that sells them online. I was hoping to find a price on them.

http://www.wolverine1000mile.com/#/Rust/

There are a few other boots on the site that look nice.

They are gonna launch these at Scoop NYC (I have no idea why) in the west village on the 9th of July. I think its gonna run about 3 bills.

Regarding the Red Wing repair sole, you have to go to an authorized Red Wing cobbler to have a Red Wing sole done. I've never tried that on a non Red Wing shoe. But usually I ask for Vibram, #1010, #4014 or #2021.

They are gonna launch these at Scoop NYC (I have no idea why) in the west village on the 9th of July. I think its gonna run about 3 bills.

Regarding the Red Wing repair sole, you have to go to an authorized Red Wing cobbler to have a Red Wing sole done. I've never tried that on a non Red Wing shoe. But usually I ask for Vibram, #1010, #4014 or #2021.

this place : http://www.stylecaster.com/news/3240/built-to-last

has them listed at $325 @ scoopnyc. who knows if thats true, but if so...I've got to decide if I want to get a pair of whites or the 1000 mile boot.

I've got a postcard for the Alden store in NYC - $50 off shell cordovan, $20 off calfskin - I'm not buying anything anytime soon, nor am I sure if its transferable. If anyone is interested let me know.

so the buco 4th generation is cordovan leather??

No... I believe just horsehide. Most likely not from the shell region either. Wolverine used to make boots from shell horsehide (distinctly different from shell cordovan).

that line down the middle make them look like rubber rain boots...

I believe that line is an indication that the leather was crimped/blocked using the traditional method. See here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=80550&page=3

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23358

You'll frequently find that line on cowboy boots. The line does fade through use. There is a specific function for using this approach, which is to allow the "tongue" to curve up like that.

IMG_1025.jpg

Nice boots... btw, are those really a 9D AF60 that you got from Bill? If yes, those were definitely mine before... some of the creases look familiar to me.

Nice boots on the last few pages.

I'm not one to get star struck, but yesterday I was when I found myself making coffee for the man responsible for the 405 being called the Indy boot...it was a bit surreal to say the least. Sadly his shoes and nylon motorcycle jacket weren't anything to speak of.