Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I just laid down 3 big bills for the regular indy boots. I guess they shipped them out today, so I will be waiting for a few more days. Do they ship them from New England or the City by the Bay (SF for all you non Gs out there).

from what i've read, the regular indy's last just as long as cordovans. maybe i'll go with the regulars and save up for the cordovans later.... can't go wrong either way.

*EDIT*

also, i bet the indy's would look fuckin' awesome with a pair of SC47s.

*EDIT AGAIN*

just got off the phone with the alden store. they have a discontinued shell cordovan boot for for $480, the 4082H. also, they have a couple other shell cordovans, plus the indy boot. gonna check them out in a little bit......!

I just laid down 3 big bills for the regular indy boots. I guess they shipped them out today, so I will be waiting for a few more days. Do they ship them from New England or the City by the Bay (SF for all you non Gs out there).

Depends on who you ordered them from. I believe the Adam from Alden Carmel and the Alden store in SF are somewhat separate entities albeit friendly. At least that's what I gleaned off of email exchanges I had with Adam.

i went to the alden store on madison ave. in new york.

the salesperson carlos probably gave me the best customer service i've ever received at any store. he was super on-point. he hooked me up with phat discount too.

anyways, they had the shell cordovan chukkas, shell cordovan boots and the indy's (regular leather). the chukkas had a wallabee type sole which i wasn't too fond of (although many people prefer it, i reall like the hard sole). the indy's were nice, but it's really for someone who is going to be doing hiking or excavating. unfortunately, my life wouldn't do those indy boots justice. maybe later, if i start doing more outdoor stuff, i will get a pair, because they were, as expected, very, very nice.

finally, the alden shell cordovan lace up boots. wow, what a beautiful shoe. gorgeous in every way. only paid $480 for them. pm me if you wanna know the complete hook up details.

anyways, here they are:

myaldens.jpg

fucking beautiful.... i want a pair... especially now that i saw some shell cordavan AEs today at the thrift store for cheap, and no wear at all on them. they were a 12 tho... too big. i forget what model, but it is a one piece upper.... 4 or 5 eylet.

I think leather and denim should be in the same category anyways.

Miz, those are awesome. After reading this thread, I had planned to go Alden as well, but after blowing all that cash at BIG, decided against it.

Really nice shoes, I can't wait to check out the store and see what else they have. And if you can, take a photo with those and a pair of jeans on!

miz, those boots are beautiful! they will look better with age...

i like that the eyelets go all the way up on your boots, i think the ones that i ordered speed-lace above the ankle. do you have a model number for those boots? do they come in black? is it on the plaza last?

nice buy. i was starting to feel some buyers remorse, but now i'm back in the saddle, so to speak...

thanks guys, i tried them on with my sc47s and pbj xx-005s and they looked great. i'm wearing them now with some chinos and of course they go together well. i'll take some pics when i get home.

ddml, the black shell cordovans looked awesome. those age beautifully, too. the salesguy had on a pair that he's worn heavily for 3 years. they looked fantastic.

the ones i have do come in black. the model number on these is 4060. i'm not sure which last it is made on, but it is made on a goodyear welt with leather insoles.

What are you doing in them that you slip? As long as you break them in on pavement, the soles will scuff up and have a little traction. Just don't wear them brand new, on carpet, and you'll be fine.

Beautiful shoes, mizanation... I admit I'm not a huge cordovan fan myself, but there's no denying those (and ddml's) are awesome.

It good to see that I am not the only one who has misgivings about my purchases. I should be getting my Aldens tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait.