Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

they're made in redwing, minnesota, and they have been for a long-ass time. the complete line is only sold (in the US, at least) in redwing shoe stores (and you can't get them anywhere online in the US) really high quality for the classic styles, but they make a lot of newer, more tech hunting boots &c. that i can't speak about...

That White's semi-dress boot is not too bad. $360 dollars, though, according to their website, which doesn't allow for online ordering of boots; one would have to search elsewhere, I suppose. That's more than I want to spend, anyway; I need to be able to buy those Samurai limited ed. black jeans when Gordon gets his shipment next month. Hehe...

I like this: http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=151&stc=1&d=1153317328 Frye calls the color "smoke". And when I imagine what they'll look like with some serious wear applied to them, I like them even better.

Don't buy 'em anymore! You've surpassed those.

Seriously though, I always buy kenneth coles (outlet store) and always at sale price for under $40. For disposable style footwear.

yeah, totally. did you also notice some of these photos are before/after?

these shots are three years apart:

smokejumper.jpg

Whites are nice, but for $360 you can get a pair of Wesco boots made completely customed to your foot. You send off for their kit and outline your foot and take their measurements and the will build you a pair that fit perfectly so break in time is cut way down and the comfort level is exceedingly high. You get the choice of about 5 different soles and heel types and heights, toe caps, white or black stitching, lined or unlined with several types of material and choice of black brown or oxblood.

They are to be my next purchase, I have several pairs of Redwings and they are good boots as long as they fit you, The moc toe style can be kind of rough on wide feet.

Whites are nice, but for $360 you can get a pair of Wesco boots made completely customed to your foot. You send off for their kit and outline your foot and take their measurements and the will build you a pair that fit perfectly so break in time is cut way down and the comfort level is exceedingly high. You get the choice of about 5 different soles and heel types and heights, toe caps, white or black stitching, lined or unlined with several types of material and choice of black brown or oxblood.

They are to be my next purchase, I have several pairs of Redwings and they are good boots as long as they fit you, The moc toe style can be kind of rough on wide feet.

great tip damnlam. $360 is not bad for customized boots. they have the boot that the terminator wore:

http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/product_item.asp

indy vs. terminator, who would win?

I got these joints:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplayDetailView?storeId=1&contractId=100&langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001&parent_category_rn=0&categoryId=189&productId=3310000&imageType=1

But in black about a year ago and they are one of my favorite pairs of shoes hands down. Sneakers and boots included. The fit is unbelievable, and the leather takes on a lustre with time, that you can't imagine from looking at them here. They look way too shiny in the picture. If you got a slimmer foot, they are definately the way to go for a dress shoe, but I've rocked 'em with jeans too on ocassion and they look fly.

They should arrive on Monday. Adam Knott of Alden of Carmel has emailed me about 5 times already, first to thank me, next to tell me that he will email me when the shoes ship, then he emailed me to tell me it when they are scheduled to ship, then he gave me some shoe advice and told me about their return policy, then he told me when to expect them. I have made a new best friend!

They should arrive on Monday. Adam Knott of Alden of Carmel has emailed me about 5 times already, first to thank me, next to tell me that he will email me when the shoes ship, then he emailed me to tell me it when they are scheduled to ship, then he gave me some shoe advice and told me about their return policy, then he told me when to expect them. I have made a new best friend!

yeah, adam was unbelievably helpful. Told me to go to the their SF location, ask for a certain salesperson, and told me which shoes to try on that would best match the pairs i was interested in. But these may have to wait until Fall due to shortage of funds.

:eek: DDML did get the alden black shell cordovans.

I didn't get those AEs, i was merely listing a price lower than the ones that DDML posted right before. And no I don't have a pair of those.

wait i'm confused. ddml, i thought you got the alden black shell cordovans.

digital_denim, i just wanted to know what you would wear with those AE's besides a suit. i don't know if those would go with jeans. a little too formal.