Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks for all the help with the Grant fitting all...While we are on the subject though for those of you who have the Modified Last from Alden how does that compare to an 11E in Trubalance? I'm seriously contemplating tracking a pair of boots in the Modified Last but have no way to try them on seen as though they are for the most part non existent in the U.S.

most of the shoe stores that stock alden stock one of their orthopedic modified last models like the v-tip or cap toe. i would recommend going this route to find your size because this last can be tricky to fit. for comparisons i have the indy boot in a 10 b/d and modified last boots in 9.5 c/e and 10 c/e.

Thanks for all the help with the Grant fitting all...While we are on the subject though for those of you who have the Modified Last from Alden how does that compare to an 11E in Trubalance? I'm seriously contemplating tracking a pair of boots in the Modified Last but have no way to try them on seen as though they are for the most part non existent in the U.S.

whats up with the LeatherSoulxSuFu collab? Tom told me its on hold since hes not receiving any more feedback about the project.

And I hope to pick up some Ultimate Indies but the fear of being taxed by customs is a real turn-off. Is there anyone doing proxy?

I hope that these are still happening...I thought we had reached as close to a consensus as we could be expected to make.

I hope that these are still happening...I thought we had reached as close to a consensus as we could be expected to make.

Same here...I thought they were finalized and we were just waiting around for some people whom haven't been in this thread for a while to roll through so they could place their orders as well...I'm actually working on buying both styles (Plain Toe and Perf Toe).

Thought this was happening......

why do some of the alden 405 boots from leathersoul have a close trim heel while others do not???

Those that wear size 11D and like Indy Boots...Leather Soul has a few pairs up on Ebay (#8, Black Ultimate Indy, Suede) for better than normal pricing.

Also...a pair of used 9.5EE Cigar 405s.

Hope someone gets a chance to scoop these up.

My pair of GT 9011s,bought about a year ago and having some problems with:P1020461-1.jpg

some stitching coming looseP1020463-1.jpg

the triple-stitching holding vamp and shaft together is out of line...P1020457-1.jpg

...resulting in the black top-stitching coming loose.I went to a local cobbler,he told me the leather is too thick,nothing he can do (" but very nice boots,mister!") so I took needle and thread out and did it myself.Its visible but makes them more personal.Also note the crooked weldstitching.P1020470-1.jpg

The left side is rubbing the colour off.P1020467-1.jpgP1020471-1.jpg

At the first post pictures and words are a bit messed up,still need more practice posting pics..

Just some untidy sewing:P1020460-1.jpg

At last the pic i like most:P1020474-1.jpg

If you are wondering why i did not returned them,they where out of size and cultizm offered me to keep them and choose another model.I agreed and took the 8138 which i posted earlier.In the end i got two pairs for the price of one.:)

just scored a somewhat funky pair of shoes on the 'bay:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/slabman/5337c.jpg?vvid=19433226&allow_track_link=1&track=0277a4f59c-41788&sp=1&vsid=1&vgp=1&vimgs=5337.jpg,5337a.jpg,5337b.jpg,5337c.jpg

sorry for the no imbedded pics, couldn't be bothered to save them and host them myself...

I was attracted by the plain toe, the brand (Hanover, from whom I have a few pretty nice shoes), the Vibram crepe soles, and the color of the leather.

I was in the market for a brown leather shoe that I could wear casually and would age nicely... I'm hoping this is that shoe.

What I'm worried about is a) whether it'll fit and B) whether it'll look like an orthopedic shoe

will post updates when they arrive.

^^^nice find Jubei:) I can see what you mean about them possibly looking orthopedic, but I'm sure as long as you wear them right they'll look great.

I just had a really bizarre shopping experience... I popped out of the office to pick up some christmas presents, and I found a new massive store on Regent St (London). National Geographic (as in the magazine) seem to be entering the luxury lifestyle market in a BIG way... they have this HUGE 3 story shop selling pretty much everything, from the obvious books and prints to much less obvious clothing/furniture/homewears/leather-goods/treavel-goods etc etc etc- and a restaurant. It's pretty nice stuff too- they have some quite tempting boots in. Welted shoes and boots cobranded with Grenson or (well-) made in Spain chunkier boots with Vibram soles. All welted, and quite expensive- starting at about 200pounds and going up beyond 300...

I did a quick google, and couldn;t find anything (also weird?) except US stuff that looks a lot more normal/what you'd expect. The shop assistant told me that this concept is only in London (they opened 3 weeks ago) and the sign over the door says 'NATIONAL GEOGRAPHiC LONDON'. anyone know anything about this? specifically the shoes?:confused::)

Well I'm now on the list for one of each pair of the Alden x Sufu x Leathersoul boots when they get started up...I really couldn't decide if I wanted a plain toe or the perf toe so I decided to just get both...

who's in charge of this sufu collab boot? I want more info...

Talk with Tom from Leathersoul...He will get you in on the details...2 seperate boots being offered and

?mark is working on a special insole pad stamp for them...

As far as the Whisky Indy's go I was just about to get at Tom for a pair but decided at the last minute to not go with those and just hold off for both Sufu Boots...After all it's this forum that got me interested in fine footwear so I think I owe it to the Sufu Gods to buy both pairs...

contact info? ...i could search but i'm at work... shhh

It's...

[email protected]

Tom will get you squared away with the details..

why do some of the alden 405 boots from leathersoul have a close trim heel while others do not???

I think it is an incorrect statement to say 405 boots, as they're not technically 405s, but rather a boot based on the Indy boot. In any case, I think LeatherSoul does it to have some variation on it. My shell Indy boots have different types of welts and I guess some don't have a heel welt at all.

decided to pre-order the Ultimate Indy boot as well; seems Tom might still have my size for the january/february shipment.

I'd like to order the SuFuxLS boot as well but need to sell one of my kidneys first; any offers? Any pics that resemble this boot in appearence? Id go for the cap toe one

I'd like to order the SuFuxLS boot as well but need to sell one of my kidneys first; any offers? Any pics that resemble this boot in appearence? Id go for the cap toe one

Here you go SLAB...The toe cap Leathersoul boot will look like this one with eyelets all the way up, no heel pull tab, in shell #8, on a double leather sole...The plain toe version will look the same as that minus the toe cap...I bit the bullet and put myself down for both pairs...Can't wait....

trub86.jpg

Also here is some pics of the 86 boot, which is what the Sufu boots were based on...

Posted by WhiteShark on page 1012...Picture these in #8 Shell with eyelets all the way up...and no heel pull tab...

ALDEN-86007-17.JPG

ALDEN-86007-6.JPG

When you become a "made man" in the custom boot world, sometimes people come by the store with trunks full of Cordovan Shells.... Thought I'd share some pics to tantalize and/or annoy...

My annonymous source had with him, #8, Black, and Cigar....

photo-117.jpg

photo-118.jpg