Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Holy crap, that is so random. I literally made up that boot this morning with the help of a customer. We're calling it the Jumper Boot, making it in shell cordovan.

Mmm... everything's better in shell. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product on your website!

Those boots are interesting. Do you do custom orders for your customers Tom, or did you order a number of boots?

I thought some might be interested in this video, the process of making a pair of Dehner boots. The video is a little dated, but the process is still the same...

XLXOfYxG3-A

Also, does anyone have experience with nitrene soles? If I'm walking on snow covered sidewalks will I fall on my ass? Vibram is probably a better option, but I like the vintage look and low profile that nitrene offers.

I randomly came across these boots on German equestrian supply website:

Derby_ML.jpg

The details are here, but in German. If anyone happens to know about this maker ("HOBO"?), I'd be curious, since I think the boots look pretty sharp.

Hobo is a german company, founded in 1982. They behave like they are an original american bootmaker and do not stress to much their german roots. Look here for their whole line of shoes and boots:

http://www.hoboshoes.com/

They have a strong standing in the horseriding community and the western scene (fans od the wild west and the assorted lifestyle).

I own a a pair of their Packer boots and would recommend them for their quality of workmanship. They hold up pretty well. The shoe is goodyear welted, ....

Thats it for the moment, but if questions remain....just ask me...

IMG_2678.jpg

... nom de guerre is doing a "grey boot" with red wing for the f/w season. that's all i could get out of the rep.

these are russell moccasins, looks like their safari line....I like the colors...wow....where did you get the picture from? i mean will those made for nom de guerre or is this a regular boot made to order???? i would like some like that

You're right about the fashion line. Hobo is more for the square dance stetson type of people over here in Europe. You know, in the distance and out of commitment things are easily overdone. Look here http://www.hoboshoes.com/index.php?schuh&kid=4&sid=75

The basic ones are okay. But I still think they are quite expensive...and for the money some RedWings can be had. Still the craftsmanship is good.

Nice. Very nice!!!

Hobo is a german company, founded in 1982. They behave like they are an original american bootmaker and do not stress to much their german roots. Look here for their whole line of shoes and boots:

http://www.hoboshoes.com/

They have a strong standing in the horseriding community and the western scene (fans od the wild west and the assorted lifestyle).

I own a a pair of their Packer boots and would recommend them for their quality of workmanship. They hold up pretty well. The shoe is goodyear welted, ....

Thats it for the moment, but if questions remain....just ask me...

Zeha?!

I'm a big fan of the moc toe. so they are not for me either. But if you or anybody would be in love with something more modern, kind a Italian style shoe making I guess Zeha would be for you.

Old school English shoe design is your pleasure Zeha wont make you drooling....

I like diversity

looks like a 405 without the moc toe...

Good find! I would be interested if they sized it down in my range. Also, its expensive for a boot that I am guessing is not built to Alden New England standards. I wish there were smaller sized non-shell captoes available somewhere...thats just want I need right now.

these are russell moccasins, looks like their safari line....I like the colors...wow....where did you get the picture from? i mean will those made for nom de guerre or is this a regular boot made to order???? i would like some like that

that pair was the navy russell mocassin that NDG did last year. should have clarafied that the boot they're doing this f/w is with red wing in grey, but i have no idea of the model #. it'd be funny if it was a grey version of the 875 with what acne is doing for their line.

Just wonder if anyone could tell me about RW boots with a Supersole, such as this 2911:

z-craft_10792911

What is the construction of a boot with this kind of sole -- is it goodyear welted? Is it possible to resole a boot with a Supersole? Thanks for any info!

It appears that Super=non-Goodyear and non-resoleable.

Rather than some Shoes that WILL look better with age.... This DO look better, having been aged....

A pair of White's Semi-Dress worn in by one of my favorite customers. I shot some pics of them while we had them back at the shop for a cats paw resoling..

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0639-1.jpg

wow bill, those semi dresses have been worn hard!

You guys would love the kid that wore these in..... He plays steel guitar and produces for a 1930's Woody Guthrie-esque band..... hitches rides to San Francisco in empty railcars hobo-style... You should see his Stronghold buckleback's that he's worn in... The band is called 1921a....All local Venice Beach kids

Here's the band's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=135497667

Here's Jake...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=135497667&albumID=588945&imageID=3876665