prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Broark said:

I mean come on...just terrible! Looks kind of like a little kid wearing his dad's jacket or something.
This can be yours for a cool $395. :blink2:

A03630000-front-pdp?fmt=jpeg&qlt=70,1&op

not appreciating those rumours that vintage blousons had short lengths y'all

jks

lvc arguing with themselves between above post and below pix...

[their type 1 of olde is proper shorrrrrrrrt...]

NDVmWfgh.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I can't remember when I last posted my 1880s natural indigo LVC. I am thinking this was probably the last new fabric desgined by Allen Little at Cone.

Here they are dry:

DSCF9899.jpg

DSCF9893.jpg

DSCF9895.jpg

Hey guys,

I’ve noticed Hinoya are selling MIJ LVC type 1s and 2s, do you think this will be a limited run or continuous production for the Japanese market?

https://hinoya.shop/collections/levis-vintage-clothing/products/70506-00
https://hinoya.shop/collections/levis-vintage-clothing/products/70507-00

I really want an LVC type 1, I’m not sure if I should get this while it’s available 

looking amazing there @Paul T... have the last cone 1870's and 1915's still to properly chew through: sorry I didnt get those beauties as well! [I think the smallish back pocket had put me off; but it all looks great with your wear and treatment!]

@suchislife - thanks for sharing; looks like first type1 lvc appearance for a while ...

@suchislife Great find! Wow MiJ LVC jackets... Been a while!

I wear tag size 34 in TCB 50s. Anyone know what tag size that translates to in LVC 1955s?

Edited by Hoohoodunit

Here are some pics of my blanket lined type 1. Hot washed a few times early doors to shrink up, prior to any decent fades setting in but I like it. 

B84905B7-DDCE-48F0-9107-AB7808C494CC.thumb.jpeg.9ced4231dfbe2197adf4dfdfca1d7f15.jpeg

581EC4BA-AACD-4954-B2C3-6D64795D4CD3.thumb.jpeg.8cd02f41d863d87b46b4f684b4a255dc.jpeg

DF7A0AB9-AF1A-42E4-ACD0-FF76A5FE5BF5.thumb.jpeg.15526b0073bd5cbd8643d12e3af3e9e5.jpeg

09EA096B-BEAA-4B79-A14E-58A026D2960E.thumb.jpeg.d0fbe94b0c6935797cdac26fa9db22cb.jpeg

You repair the bottom of the pocket mate or is that original stitching 

@unders here here with lance... that's a cool jacket indeed

Received my MiJ Type 1 from Hinoya, here are the measurements in inches I got an XL(44)

Chest: 24
Length: 26.1
Sleeve: 26
Shoulders: 21

The arms feel bigger than normal reminds me of my TCB s40 jacket, I'm going to give it a soak then share the measurements when I get a chance.

I'm happy with it, my only concerns are the bagginess of the arms.

DSC01272-4.thumb.jpeg.631defa6854a11aae6e536856d308d15.jpeg

DSC01269.thumb.jpeg.70724a843e5ba6c6ac8c0ed885292649.jpeg

DSC01271-3.thumb.jpeg.aea5d08f0354a27b31b60c937dd25199.jpeg

DSC01273.thumb.JPG.d2cd6eda1ce4f035938c24253495b391.JPG

DSC01270.thumb.JPG.0c3c2cae4529c3c7507146b249273b96.JPG

Do we have any idea of where these new MiJ jackets have their denim sourced from? 

END have a raffle for that ugly long Tyoe II Jacket and a pair of MiJ 501Z 1960's – anyone have any info about these? What's the deal with the MiJ line and why is it being marketed over here?

Probably because the MiJ line is the only remaining part of LVC that will interest dedicated denim enthusiasts - and enable them to squeeze extra £££ out of them. If the stuff made in Bulgaria/Turkey, etc is the same RRP as the old MiUSA range, then surely a MiJ tag should cost more? I imagine that’s part of the thinking.

^ this! But still, 60s 501Z sounds cool imo. But I'm just waiting for tcb to make 501Z repros tbh :D

MiJ 501Z is listed at £210 - basically the same price as it's sold for in Japan. 

Well that totally makes nonsense of my earlier theory! Good to hear though.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, suchislife said:

Received my MiJ Type 1 from Hinoya, here are the measurements in inches I got an XL(44)

Chest: 24
Length: 26.1
Sleeve: 26
Shoulders: 21

The arms feel bigger than normal reminds me of my TCB s40 jacket, I'm going to give it a soak then share the measurements when I get a chance.

I'm happy with it, my only concerns are the bagginess of the arms.

I managed to snag a Cone Denim Made in USA Type 1 a couple of years ago half price. The Store didn't realise what they had and I managed to work out it was most likely a Cone model and not a newly released made in Bulgaria Trash. I got lucky. As I remember the arms were roomy but settled down after it was soaked. I would avoid machine washing - I did mine cold on a delicate cycle but the denim really softened up after that - just soaking retained the deep indigo rigid look which I prefer but it'll get there eventually whatever you do. Your MiJ looks a great repro - looks identical to my made in USA. It's a great fitting jacket.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Well that totally makes nonsense of my earlier theory! Good to hear though.

I stand corrected. They cost more in Japan and the same price as Japan in USA but they are being priced lower here. I made the mistake of looking at made in Bulgaria models sold in Japan for comparison. 

On 10/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, JMS said:

Do we have any idea of where these new MiJ jackets have their denim sourced from? 

Apparently they've wasted Cone denim on that fucking clown jacket.

" we crafted 501 limited-edition hand-numbered pieces each of the 1960 501®Z (in washes “Rigid” and “The Rumble”) and the 1953 Type II Long Trucker Jacket (made in Japan from deadstock Cone Mills White Oak® Red Selvedge Denim)."

Also noticed that they only go up to a 36 waist in the UK now, so that rules out any new LVC jeans for me.

On 10/11/2021 at 6:01 AM, Hoohoodunit said:

I wear tag size 34 in TCB 50s. Anyone know what tag size that translates to in LVC 1955s?

Same size in the last cone 55s.size up one for the new Kaihara 55s.

23 minutes ago, generic_guy said:

" we crafted 501 limited-edition hand-numbered pieces each of the 1960 501®Z (in washes “Rigid” and “The Rumble”) and the 1953 Type II Long Trucker Jacket (made in Japan from deadstock Cone Mills White Oak® Red Selvedge Denim)."

Think about how many regular Type IIs they could have made from all that denim!

22 hours ago, cool_hand said:

I managed to snag a Cone Denim Made in USA Type 1 a couple of years ago half price. The Store didn't realise what they had and I managed to work out it was most likely a Cone model and not a newly released made in Bulgaria Trash. I got lucky. As I remember the arms were roomy but settled down after it was soaked. I would avoid machine washing - I did mine cold on a delicate cycle but the denim really softened up after that - just soaking retained the deep indigo rigid look which I prefer but it'll get there eventually whatever you do. Your MiJ looks a great repro - looks identical to my made in USA. It's a great fitting jacket.

Excuse me,can i ask you in which sense do you mean ,,made in bulgaria trash? Denim,craftmanship or just the ,,bulgaria fact",?

Over the years i had lots of cone denim in my hands and i must say iam more than satisfied with my bulgaria 1955s.i love the K Denim.

He may have been referring to Uncle Bulgaria – the oldest and wisest of the Wimbledon Wombles and their leader.

The Wombles are fictional pointy-nosed, furry creatures created by Elisabeth Beresford and originally appearing in a series of children's novels from 1968. They live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting and recycling rubbish (or trash) in creative ways. Although Wombles supposedly live in every country in the world, Beresford's stories are primarily concerned with the lives of the inhabitants of the burrow on Wimbledon Common in London.

FA72C008-AA60-4998-AD1F-282EE1DEE811.png

7 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

He may have been referring to Uncle Bulgaria – the oldest and wisest of the Wimbledon Wombles and their leader.

The Wombles are fictional pointy-nosed, furry creatures created by Elisabeth Beresford and originally appearing in a series of children's novels from 1968. They live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting and recycling rubbish (or trash) in creative ways. Although Wombles supposedly live in every country in the world, Beresford's stories are primarily concerned with the lives of the inhabitants of the burrow on Wimbledon Common in London.

FA72C008-AA60-4998-AD1F-282EE1DEE811.png

Ahaaaaaaaaa ! ;-)

13 hours ago, generic_guy said:

Also noticed that they only go up to a 36 waist in the UK now, so that rules out any new LVC jeans for me.

Actually, I was asking about the new MiJ type 1 and 2's that you can find listed on Hinoya's site. I would assume they are also Cone.

Also, I am just going to pretend that those long type 2's don't exist :ph34r:

How about a cropped version of the long Type II? Wouldn’t that be quite a thing!