prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

@Heavy_blue - I’m not speaking from experience but I’m sure I’ve read (from comments on this thread) that some of those new Mk II LVC jeans that use Japanese denim shrink minimally at the waist. I’m not sure if it’s a model-specific thing but may be worth further investigation...

16 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@Heavy_blue - I’m not speaking from experience but I’m sure I’ve read (from comments on this thread) that some of those new Mk II LVC jeans that use Japanese denim shrink minimally at the waist. I’m not sure if it’s a model-specific thing but may be worth further investigation...

Thanks for the heads up! I could try to soak them offc

For the past month I have been wearing my rigid 505 W32s over my rigid 505 W30s. I've had the larger pair since 24 November and the smaller pair since mid December.

Denim on denim creates nice wearing fades and the electric blue is starting to show on the smaller pair.

The outer pair have been subjected to quite heavy wear including roofing and carrying straw bales which are always good for thigh fades. In the meantime the outline of the surplus pocket material is starting to show through.

Neither pair have been washed yet. The W30s were very tight at the hips for a couple of weeks but have eased off.

IMG_20210116_1421424.jpg

IMG_20210116_1422037.jpg

This morning the ‘84 went into the tub, like saud before the waist didn’t shrink that much! It’s tight but i’m sure it will stretch!

the overall length hasn’t shrunk the advertised amount i can rock my normal length and still cuff them. 

the overall fit is much better now, i really like them more right now.

Edited by Heavy_blue

Well I’ll be damned. I *knew* something was fishy with these things. I was scratching my head over why there was no evidence of there being any patch either, there should be at least a dark spot where it was. 

I can still return them.. I think I may do that... 

4 hours ago, dotcomzzz said:

@Heavy_blue Nice to see somebody give the 84 501s a go. Did you size up at all? Did you hot soak or cold soak?

Thanks mate! Levi’s said on this particular model to go TTS in waist and take a larger inseam. But i went with a 34/32 cause 34/34 was sold out and ik could just pick this up for around €110,- so i just took the shot. 

gave these bad boys a hot-soak, let them dry for around 2 hours and start wearing them these day, damn tight in the waist but after a few hours they already are a little looser. 

overall fit is great i guess, normally i wear slimmer jeans but as a started collector (again) a lieve of LVC can’t miss.. see the fit for now 

0B6292F1-2F1C-43E8-8CD3-7FAE3B7DA182.jpeg

A4358EDE-1A16-4793-9E2D-CEEA03B1DBAA.jpeg

4BF1D00D-1E88-4B1C-889A-36B99359D9AF.jpeg

Nice dude, thanks for letting me know how you soaked them. Love the fit on those. Hopefully they loosen up in the waist for you :) 

15 hours ago, dotcomzzz said:

Nice dude, thanks for letting me know how you soaked them. Love the fit on those. Hopefully they loosen up in the waist for you :) 

Thanks! They already did! Fits like a glove on the moment

US-made Cone Levi’s are now £330 at Aeroleather. They are charging £170 for the Bulgarian/Turkish-made pairs using Japanese denim.

I'm really glad I'm not on the pound. The conversions are brutal! 

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

US-made Cone Levi’s are now £330 at Aeroleather. They are charging £170 for the Bulgarian/Turkish-made pairs using Japanese denim.

f...f...s...

well, no. just. no.

Didn't they initially hike them to £250 and now this

Such blatant profiteering puts me off Aero

I watched a pair of cone 1955's from about 2013 sell for £210,(auction) which is the same as what they are now selling them new for on levis.com. the whole thing reeks of greed. don't pay any more than what's fair. 

Valencia Street production aside, I wonder if there is greater value attached, perceived or real, to the earlier Cone LVC jeans (from the early 2000s) as opposed to the more recent ones made in the last few years prior to Cone’s closure?

On 1/16/2021 at 5:51 PM, Dry said:

For the past month I have been wearing my rigid 505 W32s over my rigid 505 W30s.

Man, that’s like 24oz of denim - I can’t believe it would be comfortable ...

14 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Man, that’s like 24oz of denim - I can’t believe it would be comfortable ...

Actually, as they are 14oz it is 28 oz! They are perfectly comfortable and keep me warm sitting all day at my desk.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:46 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

There are some Cone Levis, L34 still available in Japan. If you factor in the proxy service fee, shipping charges and UK import/Vat charges, Aeroleather's prices compare.

I'm not a fan of natural indigo, but I couldn't resist a £10 bargain at the Flagship Regent Street Store a number of years back! I'll have to do a proper stocktake but there must be 190 to 200 pairs of BNWT LVC (1890, 1901, 1922, 1933, 1937, 1944, 1954, 1955, 1966 and 1967)  in my stockroom, probably 95% Cone. I'll have to start a shop some day!

IMG_20210121_0903275.jpg

If you could sell all those at £300 a pop that’d be £60k - a nice little earner Rodney!

46 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

If you could sell all those at £300 a pop that’d be £60k - a nice little earner Rodney!

If, indeed! I have never sold any jeans but I gave away some non-selvedge 505s 1979 vintage to a friend as they were far too small a few years ago. He has now worn them into the ground.

ahh.. cee.are.dee reposting stuff from LVC.. don't follow him, he will follow you, I followed back, then a week later he had unfollowed. slimy. 

Edited by andyrcii

I was just thinking.. are LVC really worth it anymore? £210 for the SAME Kaihara denim that Lee is using.. only Lee raw selvage jeans are £140. You can even get their new 21oz monsters for £140- £60 off the rrp of £200 on the Lee website. And you can always find bargain new with tags on eBay too. I got these Lee 101z lot 49s for £90. I love them. Also no messing around with shrinkage, and the unpredictability of the new Kaihara shrinkage.

202 days, one tub wash with Mr. Black at six months.

3447b81367571820.jpg 344c901367571931.jpg 3bebd21367572013.jpg 8e1d551367572163.jpg 

It's most likely not the same Kaihara denim (as the Lot. 49 uses LHT denim vs RHT denim from LVC) just also a denim from Kaihara...
But yeah, LVC was never worth it just price-wise.

5 hours ago, andyrcii said:

I was just thinking.. are LVC really worth it anymore?

^This.

I think all Lvc fans come to this conclusion with the modern brand at some point or another. For me it was heavy suspicion from 2003 onwards, and then by 2005 l was out (ok ..ok.. l did buy 4 more pieces up until 2012 :blush:).

Some of their early stuff though was amazing. Will dig out what l still have and see if there's anything worth taking pics of?

On 1/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, Dry said:

I'm not a fan of natural indigo, but I couldn't resist a £10 bargain at the Flagship Regent Street Store a number of years back!

I'll have to start a shop some day!

IMG_20210121_0903275.jpg

Well l can double your money straightaway to £20! Just send me your paypal address and consider your online shop open for business :D