prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

9 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@JMS  Depends on the model and the year, can you be more specific?

yes, 201xx, from 98' I believe. 

29 minutes ago, JMS said:

yes, 201xx, from 98' I believe. 

201XX are notoriously undersized and shrink a good 2 sizes down. Think l was between 2 and 3 sizes up when l purchased mine. All pairs now sold tho.

So for a size 32 fit, buy a tagged pair of 34 or 35. The best thing is to get the seller to give you precise measurements.  

12 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

201XX are notoriously undersized and shrink a good 2 sizes down. Think l was between 2 and 3 sizes up when l purchased mine. All pairs now sold tho.

So for a size 32 fit, buy a tagged pair of 34 or 35. The best thing is to get the seller to give you precise measurements.  

Thank you. Just second-guessing myself. have a pair size 34 on their way. Stoked to check them out.

Nice solidly made jeans, using Japanese milled denim. Looking forward to the forthcoming pics.

Edited by Dr_Heech

Also found this nice westerner from 95'. Made in Japan. Looking to pick up as much of the mid-late 90s levis stuff as possible. My personal fav era of theirs (concerning the repro stuff made with Japanese denim like the 201xx's). 

IMG_2916.jpg

So the earlier 201 repro sizing was quite different from the later ones it seems. I bought a pair in 2005 in size 34 (expecting them to shrink to a 32) and they barely moved, despite a couple of washes, one very hot. Too big so I ended up giving them away to my brother in law, a shame as I really liked them.

Hey Martin, we were discussing the Valencia st Lvc 1937 201XX, think you may be getting confused with the linen patch 1920's 201?

You are damn right there Charlie! Too early for me....

2 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Nice solidly made jeans, using Japanese milled denim. Looking forward to the forthcoming picd.

Surely 1998s are 555 Valencia Street made with Cone? I have worn at least 4 pairs of that vintage and whilst the waist is tighter than 501s of the same vintage (possibly due to the cinch) I have not experienced significant undersizing problems. The sizes I have worn are 32 x 38, 34 x 38 and 36 x 38. The smallest 501 size from that era which I can fit into are 31 x 38 which are tight.

Cone supplied denim to Lvc from 1999 onwards with the first issues of the  1947 and 1944 jeans and the s506xx jacket.

My experiences of the 201XX are obviously different from yours.

bought my  1937 201xx in 1997 ,labelled as 32 ,shrunk to 30 unfortunally.:-(  Same with 55ies 501xx  in 1999.  

On 12/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, Facini said:

How is the MiA fit compared to the later Turkey ones?

My first pair of raw denim jeans were a pair of Turkey 505 bought in 2013 and they were kind of tight In the thigh. Still wore them like hell. Maybe I should dig out of wherever they are hiding...

Here are a pair of Turkey 505s W32 L34 on top of a pair of MiA 505s W34 L34. The waist appears to be the same, the length is about 1 inch longer on the Turkeys but the line of the leg and hem are slimmer.

IMG_20201209_0703175.jpg

Edited by Dry
Forgot pic

Here are the 201xx's I just got in the mail.

Unfortunately, they're just a touch too tight in the wast. They're tagged 34x38 and measure 31x35. 

The denim is superb. Almost the same color and texture as my Freewheelers (last photo for comparison). The condition is really solid too, you can see how little they've been worn by looking at the fly.

If anyone is interested message me! Got them pretty cheap, just looking to recoup my money. Wish these fit me.

20201214_131639.jpg

20201214_131654.jpg

20201214_131700.jpg

20201214_131708.jpg

20201214_131725.jpg

20201214_131733.jpg

20201214_131917.jpg

topnotchers idea is great, but with this hard wearing denim you would need something really solid,

such as a one handed bar clamp which is reversible to become stretcher. i´ve had so many jeans widen with that tool

just about two pairs of 201xx... it´s just important to use the tool while the denim is wet

(leave the clamp on until the jeans has fully dried) and be faint at the start, for this device is so powerful it can break the buttons off.

p5U37eHh.jpg

bTEpdHhh.jpg

mguwnXUh.jpg

noticed this in scrabble outdoors in Newburgh and environs before London got locked down any worse...

accelerated bricks and mortar diminishment

the disappearance of a venue where many lvc jeans done been tried on...

a visible demonstration of new corporate commitment to lvc?

goodnight sweet prince...

whimSG7h.png

still, at least in looking at the building noticed this plaque about this shop: good work Bill Green / aka Vince!

wwJEpieh.jpg

unL9qnBh.png

I saw that a few weeks ago when I was in the West End, there was a film crew in Newburgh St at the time, unrelated I assume.

A rather limited LVC collection is now available at Levi’s London Haus around the corner in Great Marlborough St. The flagship store on Regent St has no LVC and I’m not sure about the shop on Carnaby St.

yup...

regent st. venue is a travesty, full stop.

guessing that american classics is probably now the londonium venue with most actual try on possibilities of anything... [but their lvc jacket choice is never huge...]

On 12/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, bartlebyyphonics said:

p5U37eHh.jpg

bTEpdHhh.jpg

mguwnXUh.jpg

noticed this in scrabble outdoors in Newburgh and environs before London got locked down any worse...

accelerated bricks and mortar diminishment

the disappearance of a venue where many lvc jeans done been tried on...

a visible demonstration of new corporate commitment to lvc?

goodnight sweet prince...

whimSG7h.png

still, at least in looking at the building noticed this plaque about this shop: good work Bill Green / aka Vince!

wwJEpieh.jpg

unL9qnBh.png

I so remember the time when they allowed me free rein in their stockroom and I was able to find some Valencia Street models.

Having been recently smitten with an LVC 1967 505 bug, I have noticed that the denim on some of them seems particularly oily, if you know what I mean. I like this. There are some oily examples in the pics below, 505s, early 1955s W36 (the W34s were not oily), 1979 501s, 1980 517s which were particularly oily and faded to an unusual grey, some Ironheart UHRs (634 and 1955) some Ironheart 25 oz and some Fullcount 1101XXs.

IMG_20201223_0937156.jpg

IMG_20201223_0932580.jpg

IMG_20201223_0940033.jpg

nice collection dry, I guess what you are referring to is what some people here call the marble effect, which occurs from leaving the jeans on the outside while being washed, parts, such as whisker grades that are expsosed to the tumble wall fade more because from the mechanical stress. I love this, especially in combination with a nice hight contrast fade, a double pattern if you will.

Hey, y'all.

I've been going down the rabbit hole of LVCJ. 

Can anyone offer advice on how the sizing of the 504z and 503b relates to TTS? 

Btw I got the Valencia St 201xx's to fit, and I'm really pleased with the denim. 

Should I buy TTS for LVCJ models? 

Thanks for all the knowledge...

Also, is Zen Market the go to for a Yahoo Auction proxy service? 

I have a pair of LVCJ 503B and can confirm they are true to size- if you’re a 32 then buy a 32, etc.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:01 PM, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

nice collection dry, I guess what you are referring to is what some people here call the marble effect, which occurs from leaving the jeans on the outside while being washed, parts, such as whisker grades that are expsosed to the tumble wall fade more because from the mechanical stress. I love this, especially in combination with a nice hight contrast fade, a double pattern if you will.

It was really the feel of oiliness I was referring to, i.e. something in the texture rather than appearance, though it does result in a sheen which looks and fades nicely. The 1967 505s in the pic are a month old and yet to be washed. I always assumed that some cotton was naturally oily, but most isn't.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, JMS said:

Here are the 201xx's I just got in the mail.

Unfortunately, they're just a touch too tight in the wast. They're tagged 34x38 and measure 31x35. 

The denim is superb. Almost the same color and texture as my Freewheelers (last photo for comparison). The condition is really solid too, you can see how little they've been worn by looking at the fly.

If anyone is interested message me! Got them pretty cheap, just looking to recoup my money. Wish these fit me.

20201214_131639.jpg

20201214_131654.jpg

20201214_131700.jpg

20201214_131708.jpg

20201214_131725.jpg

20201214_131733.jpg

20201214_131917.jpg

Did you sell them?