Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks John. 

Glad to know you. As a more experienced denim head, what are you're thoughts on lvc vs original?

To me (and this is in no way meant to be derogatory to lvc), they are totally different beasts altogether. Which has proven to be a good thing and a bad thing for my wallet :laugh2:

Dr_Heech, I bought those 60s originals so long ago I can't remember exactly how they compared to LVC ... and wasn't paying attention to details like we do now.  Plus, my body shape is a bit different with a 33" waist then and 35" now.

What I do recall about them as a kid is that they were stiff as hell (and flat as a pancake) and it was fun watching them transform into something completely different after soaking -- not unlike a junior high school science experiment.  As I've said to b_F and others, the fit was similar to my current pair of LVC 1966.  They'd sort of sag down on the hips and go straight down from there -- not a lot of body contouring, but comfortable in a slouchy way.

I'll leave the quality comparisons over the years to you and others, who have much more experience with early LVC, as well as originals prior to 1966.

Glad I grabbed two pairs of the 1880s on a major sale. I believe I was able to get them for $180 a pair, or maybe $210 (marked down from $600 standard retail price). I got a pair of 36s and a pair of 34s. The 34s are probably too tight, and I'll sell them some day. The 36s, I hope to start working on in the next couple of years.

They've got the most extreme leg twist of any jeans I've owned. Sitting down now to drink my coffee the selvage is past the front line of the jeans, ie more than 45 degrees. Same with the shrinkae on length and waist, way more than the Roys.

Colour's a good bit darker than this photo, which doesn't show the really extreme crinkling and little bumps, way more than anything I've seen (although these days I tend to put thru wash rather than soak). Being a slimmer fit they're maybe not as good summer jeans as the 1890s and their predecessors, the 1901. but I'm committed now...

leg.jpg

Edited by Paul T

Has anyone been following whats going on with this Vidalia mills / white oak loom connection? It seems legit that they bought the looms from White Oak and are now producing fabric. Is there any hope that LVC will return to US production and US fabric? I'm interested to see the results from left field. 

Edit: I just saw the posts in the cone closing thread. Maybe should have put this there - oh well. The fabric looks promising from the imogene + willie pics etc... They don't have the looms on a wooden floor of course.

Edited by erk

On 5/19/2020 at 11:10 AM, andyrcii said:

f5ec211344200727.jpg 766a3c1344200729.jpg 

These “1971” jeans look like 1976’s to me. Thats a 1976 patch. I thought the 1971 were the same as the 1966, the only difference being the small E tag?

I wouldn't expect them to be as furry as the 1976s - also the fit is slimmer without the jodhpur effect. Quite tempted by these. Not too fussed about where they were put together as long as the quality is good. Bulgarian 1966s in Japanese denim were on the small side. Cone 1966s were more generous. Any body know what Turkish Cones fit like?

15 hours ago, kicks79 said:

So LVC has become like every other limited edition hype-driven item and its bought by resellers to flip and make a profit.

Good luck to that ebayer, but I can't imagine anyone paying that much for them.

Well it has got 11 watchers! I haven't bothered to log in to get more info but I suppose somebody in the USA who was prepared to pay $500 for them but missed out when they sold out there could be prepared pay substantially more than they were on sale for.

5 minutes ago, Dry said:

Well it has got 11 watchers! 

Those 11 watchers are probably other tools that are considering peddling their own. 

I can’t see a situation where people can buy a pair of blue jeans and double their money in a short space of time in the same manner of trainers. At the end of the day they are a pair of unremarkable blue jeans (yes, raw, LVC, limited, yada yada) but you’d think anybody that is tempted would have a reality check and buy another pair of raw unremarkable blue jeans. 

Of course you’ll always get the exception where some seriously wealthy person might pick them up and it not register on their bank statement, but I can’t see it. 

I recall when LVC ran a limited heavily washed jean each season that retailed at $501 (I think). They always had a gimmick like came in an oil can or with a special tote. I got sucked in and caved in once - regretted it about 10 minutes later :huh2: It’s still a nice collector’s piece, but fuck me what a waste of money. 

On 5/26/2020 at 2:40 AM, kicks79 said:

So LVC has become like every other limited edition hype-driven item and its bought by resellers to flip and make a profit.

Good luck to that ebayer, but I can't imagine anyone paying that much for them.

According to End Clothing's website the UK price will be £240. Watch out entering End Clothing's draw if you want a leg length longer than 34 as they do not usually stock L36. https://www.endclothing.com/en-de/features/levis-cone-mill-501-golden-ticket-jean-register-now-on-end-launches

On 5/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

LVC 501 1976, made in the US from Cone denim. Size 34x36 BNWT.

Sell them now or wait to get an even better price for them? :)

Put them up on Grailed. Contact me for some Sufu-price ;)

https://www.grailed.com/listings/14779995-lvc-x-levi-s-x-levi-s-vintage-clothing-501xx-1976-miusa-cone-denim-deadstock-bnwt