Levi's Vintage Clothing

NOOB POST:

I'm currently in the market for a new pair of jeans and I've narrowed it down to Levis LVC 1947 501xx and Samurai S710's. I'm leaning towards the Levis due to the Samurai's being a bit out of my price range right now and I've seen a few pairs that looked really good down the line. My main questions I have are with sizing and purchasing.

Little bit about me, sorry but I feel like this can help with deciding on a size.

Height: 5'10"

Waist: Between a 32-33

What sz. would be best for me to purchase for a slim fit but with the ability to sag a little bit and have a little bit of stacking (nothing crazy extreme like danyo's but some)?

Any recommendations in sizing is appreciated!

Can these jeans be purchased in a Levis store? There are a couple by me (not too close, one is 26 miles and one is 40 miles). I called the closest and she had no idea what I was asking about though she didn't sound too informed about jeans in general.

Any websites I can purchase from? Cheapest prices/sites?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, and again sorry for such a NOOB post.

Cultizm has the best online price, which is equal to the Levis Store price after shipping (roughly). '47 is usually (not much out about the new manufacturer, there is a slight possibility it changed) sized small so a 34 measures 33 before shrinking, which is generally one size in the waist and 3"-4" in length. So buy your ass a 34 W 36 L and you'll end up with a 32 W and 32 L, which should get it done. Buy your roommate some gas and have him drive you to the Levis Store to try some on. (Remember, Levis generally stretch to, or past, pre-shrink waist. You can expect about 10 percent shrinkage in thigh, ass and leg opening). Another thought is to look at a 32 W in the '55, which is sized big. It'll have more anti-fit than the '47.

Cultizm has the best online price, which is equal to the Levis Store price after shipping (roughly). '47 is usually (not much out about the new manufacturer, there is a slight possibility it changed) sized small so a 34 measures 33 before shrinking, which is generally one size in the waist and 3"-4" in length. So buy your ass a 34 W 36 L and you'll end up with a 32 W and 32 L, which should get it done. Buy your roommate some gas and have him drive you to the Levis Store to try some on. (Remember, Levis generally stretch to, or past, pre-shrink waist. You can expect about 10 percent shrinkage in thigh, ass and leg opening). Another thought is to look at a 32 W in the '55, which is sized big. It'll have more anti-fit than the '47.

Thanks, a 32 length is a little short. Didn't realize the length shrinking was so much. Was shooting to get a 34 length, guess I'll go with a 34/38.

:lol @ the roommate part. I'm going to take a trip to a store tomorrow and try to figure it out. I appreciate the help.

I would say get a 32 and wear them til they're dry. If you're a 31, I'm pretty sure a 34 is going to be enormous, since that is the same size I wear and i'm a 33. If you try them on and you are concerned about them shrinking too much, just wear them in the bath or wear them till dry. I think the majority consensus is to go up one in the waist to accommodate for undersizing.

I have 2 pairs of 1947s, both of which are tagged as 34 waists. One has been washed several times and measures 34.5" and another that has been soaked once that measures 34.5". I personally ignore the levis recommendation and buy true to size. the shrinkage will be minimal in the waist and will probably stretch out to the tagged size (or larger). For unsanforized denim you need to pay attention to the inseam. Your jeans will be 3-4 inches shorter after they have been washed 10 times. But that can also be controlled by the temperature of water you use when washing. I only use cold to slightly warm water when washing. hope this helps.

If you're a 31, ask your dealer to measure the 47s. On balance I suspect the 32 are more likely to work - but check.

I would guess erk's case - of 34W jeans that measure 34.5 after washing/soaking - is out of the ordinary. Most 47s are undersized. My last three pairs of 47, all 2006/2007, nominally 34W, measured less than that, and around 31 after a cold wash, 31.5- 32 once stretched.

Look at the 501 thread for more info: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

when I soak my 47s, upon the initial soak I wear them in the tub for about 25mins. then i let them air dry on me. This prevents the shrinkage going too far. but after that initial soak i usually wash or resoak in cold water and let air dry on a hanger. Perhaps I've just got them stretched out a lot. how is it you're going about it paul? I'm just curious.

hi guys just found these in a messy market deadstock. They don't look like a fake to me but hey I'm not that lvc expert like I see some of you are. They have hidden rivets, selvedge in the coin pockets, 555 stamped button. And yeah they were supercheap. Any opinion will be highly appreciated!

dsc04861oj1.jpg

dsc04859fe7.jpg

dsc04858xp1.jpg

wow what a luck. as I expected they're not fake. How do you know it's a 55-501 though?

Thank you very much Paul!

A pleasure.

If it was earlier, it would have a leather label; later and it would have no covered rivets, and a different look to the back pockets.

All the info you need to ID them is here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

So I am currently looking for some LVC. Which sites can I go to that would sell some, preferably some LVC 47. I already checked cultizm but they don't have my size and most of the other sites have rape prices. So where can I go to get some smaller size LVC?

So I am currently looking for some LVC. Which sites can I go to that would sell some, preferably some LVC 47. I already checked cultizm but they don't have my size and most of the other sites have rape prices. So where can I go to get some smaller size LVC?

you can check aeroleatherclothing.com or call the levis store (800 number)