prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

Another thing about my LVC 501-54 above, the previous pair I got (from 2011), if I remember correctly, had a bit different look and touch of the denim, it was more smooth at touch, the fabric looked more "combed", more starched (I don't know how to describe it correctly, english is not my language) and maybe also a bit darker, these from 2015 have a bit more rough, "hairy" look and touch. Anyone knows why? The  denim should basically be the same from Cone Mill...

16 hours ago, Leevi's said:

Another thing about my LVC 501-54 above, the previous pair I got (from 2011), if I remember correctly, had a bit different look and touch of the denim, it was more smooth at touch, the fabric looked more "combed", more starched (I don't know how to describe it correctly, english is not my language) and maybe also a bit darker, these from 2015 have a bit more rough, "hairy" look and touch. Anyone knows why? The  denim should basically be the same from Cone Mill...

Cone would use different cotton from different years with different weather. They would try and 'average out' the result but there will always be inconsistencies from year to year.

21 hours ago, Leevi's said:

I noticed the same thing -- I have a pair of the 501-54 and the denim is very smooth and dark.  They must be from the same batch of denim.  

I have several pairs of '47 LVC made in USA cone denim pairs going back at least 15 years that all feel a little different

Just get the 1955s. You will not regret it. I pulled the trigger and shrank them and I love their bold, boxy fit.

they are cone and I somehow ended up with these 4 inch cuffs, adding to the whole effect.

1bcd6d1341837598.jpg cd75941341837635.jpg 6bcfc01341837694.jpg 

Posted (edited)

I also noticed those 1954z on ebay.. they have a nice fade and are my size... but are £69 (hmm not sure) and I already have too many pairs I’m working on...

Edited by andyrcii

1 hour ago, Richardcartwright said:

Thoughts 

Nice but £400 come on 

more info 

Screenshot_20200429-182730_Chrome.jpg

Maybe they’re trying to make up for all the spurious lawsuits they slapped on Japanese jeans makers ...

Deadstock 502's can be picked up for a third of that price if you need a Japanese made LVC 60's cut.

Same basic jeans but with Japanese buttons, rivets, patch and red tag? And thats worth £220 more? :/ 

who’s going to notice? 

pass.

The funny thing is, the same pair was already released last year during the opening of the Harajuku flagship store.

How often can you release a "limited" edition? ;)

28 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

How often can you release an "unlimited" edition? ;)

Fixed that for you :P

ive been monitoring Levis Japan's LVC movements, overall I must say I've been pretty disappointed at the product range and price points

Posted (edited)

My ‘55s of 2007 vintage, ready for an initial wash next week in anticipation of the summer...

26DC0AE0-F9A1-41D9-A62C-9F7148804BCA.jpeg

Raw measurements (BiG style)

• Waist: 34
  • Front rise: 12.5
  • Back rise: 16
  • Thigh: 13.2
  • Hem: 8.6
  • Inseam: 33.75

UPDATE

Measurements (BiG style) after 40C machine wash and an hour of wear.

• Waist: 32.5
  • Front rise: 12
  • Back rise: 15.75
  • Thigh: 12.75
  • Hem: 8.2
  • Inseam: 31.25
Edited by Maynard Friedman

Posted (edited)

@Maynard Friedman Looking forward to the fit pics :P

Edited by MJF9

On Twitter yesterday: oldest surviving pair of Levi's:

Posted (edited)

Lvc 55's from the very first run. Valencia factory model, made in 1996. Japanese denim back then.

Bought around 2005, worn for about 5 years on and off. Real tough mama's to break in :sad:

20200425_180132.jpg

Edit: just trying out this direct uploader

Edited by Dr_Heech

Some nice blues coming through , look like proper work jeans 

Posted (edited)

Gonna try one more (photo quality is poor)..

Lvc 1955's from 2003.

Bought from Cinch in London, 2003, these  are the first Cone model 1955.

Only been used for 'smart/going out' purposes and only had half a dozen 'quick washes'

20200503_093050.jpg

Last one. Pics are awful. Will get back outside :blush:

Edited by Dr_Heech

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Some nice blues coming through , look like proper work jeans 

Thanks mate. Yeah first used at work for drystone walling, back then our uniform was blue so l could get away with wearing them as long as they didn't look like jeans (ie by removing any obvious signs) so l took off the patch and tab and wore them after only a soak for about 3 months. Then they sat around for a couple of years before l washed them and my Mrs kindly sewed on another red tab and patch. Patch got torn off but the tab (a real big E tab) has stayed, and curled.

Been wearing them doing yard work/gardening more recently. 

Hi all 

anyone id or know if this is fake? 

some tag pics of a jacket 

this is all i have to go on

Screenshot_20200503-102145_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-102204_eBay.jpg

12 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

also has shades of the yr previous lvc sack coat in terms of pockets (but presumably not the same multipaneled back...)

have witnessed a warehouse 'closed-front jumper': lots of rivets in the front placket... a nice piece...

Correct, the jumper doesn’t have the panels at the back, just side seams. 

Turns out I’ve become a fan of riveted spade-shaped pockets:

CE4CE81E-61E8-46E6-88CE-768F5573EAB3.thumb.jpeg.2563578364817a4329b246f6d4fae935.jpeg

2FEAEE45-8538-4C38-A3FA-7CB955A5CABB.thumb.jpeg.1511fb0f7af775273b1918bc87290c9f.jpeg

06ABE7FC-302F-4769-A467-BB43517692AF.thumb.jpeg.d7cdb8dca3723d2a8546de62eed41991.jpeg

Bottom one is Warehouse but thought worth including in this thread. 

The YM Factory sells a great looking closed front jumper if you’re in the market. 

^ great pockets there @unders

nothing much here, soak day... 

'44 and '37 getting spring cleaned... 

with details and comparisons...

Z0QaFWEh.jpg

U1xoFesh.jpg

DdonCMIh.jpg

rGmVguLh.jpg

KytYOQrh.jpg?1

GSJrUibh.jpg

GVoBeIkh.jpg?1

0KIiEgvh.jpg?1

v4Racvrh.jpg?1

g1DDcKih.jpg

wYey4xhh.jpg

no real wear to show, just a comparison of differing fabric and stitching etc.

The bright blue denim of the '37 is one of my favourite fabrics.

Posted (edited)

'tis a fine fine fabric, I've said before and worth saying again; they show how cone denim is not all uniform and standard; quite the difference between the two [the '44 seems to set the bar for smooth, uniform with internal subtle variations] 

... would love to see a well worn warehouse dd-1004xx '37 model to compare... can't see any immediately on the warehouse site, best ig seems to offer is this

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Is the ‘37 denim used for the type 1 jacket? I have a deadstock one from 5 years ago stashed away.

the '37 denim is lighterweight than the type I - but shares many characteristics... [bright blue when washed, irregularities, quick to fade...]

I am no expert on weights, but believe '37 is 10oz and the jacket is 12oz... [would love the jeans in the jacket weight fabric...]

I am sure I spammed this thread with these pictures of the type 1 denim, but to collate for reference... 

a couple of years back when fresh...

ne4kCf2h.jpg

7vuTsbUh.jpg

japmSRVh.jpg

a little bit of wear on it... [comp. to box fresh tcb20s]

H3sENSoh.jpg

qDcTmvMh.jpg

current state of play...

5ammvwWh.jpg

WhCIs3Vh.jpg

4bZtmPgh.jpg

V3FNtlzh.jpg

[ink came off the patch when I washed it with something labelled dry-clean only - the offending garment must have had some nasty chemical agent in it...]

Just hunted down a pair of LVC Pantaloons. Can’t find much info about them though I’ve read the quality on them is not great as the selvedge gets unravelled after some wears. Think I got the sizing spot on these! Will see how it goes. 

7C67F16B-A40A-45FD-9256-903635D49760.jpeg

E9783796-0571-4FA2-A8B0-3AF75DCA7D55.jpeg

C4A45E38-FAD0-4914-B52C-C57AB3C71036.jpeg

1BCAAE9A-7DE1-4BB2-99BC-6A524A46AB8B.jpeg

7D1FC41A-FB3C-4B67-B1AD-E7AFE3EC471D.jpeg

fit

pic

?

denim weight? their usual pre-40s 9-10oz lightweight?

interested to see chainstitched hem: have they been shortened?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

fit

pic

?

denim weight? their usual pre-40s 9-10oz lightweight?

interested to see chainstitched hem: have they been shortened?

Not too sure about the denim weight. I bought them off eBay. So they came without a lot of the retail tags. So I’m also interested if anyone has more info on these. They are not shortened. Original tagged length still. 

The denim almost have a greenish hue to them. 59774B98-EE49-4F82-ABB9-7F109DFFF9A0.thumb.jpeg.865eccc763f82d8f7e3f1d8a966a32f1.jpeg

Edited by hurhur