Levi's Vintage Clothing

I don't recall this being posted, but has anyone seen the EGxLevis stuff? The 47's look alright, but the black top stitch turns me off.

Anyways, link: http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2929279&cp=3146842.3146846

If someone has a pair of those in a 34x36 I'll gladly take them off your hands.

thats true , and stange, maybe she has enough 201s of that period

Lynn already has a perfect pair of 201 from 1890 or so. COmpared to $42k for much rarer 1880s jeans, these ain't a bargain.

A better condition pair, linked earlier here, went for $32k... but it looks as if they went to a deadbeat buyer.

doubt if anyone is interested but the chicago michigan ave levis has 1 pair of LVC 1971 517's raw in 28x34 on sale for $90.

levis store also has the 1966 super slim reissue in semi raw(not LVC) does anyone know what model this actually was? the fit was pretty good and they are moving fast. the link is dead on the US site for some reason.

http://www.levi.ca/canada/en/prod/detail.asp?wc=1966&bc=re

doubt if anyone is interested but the chicago michigan ave levis has 1 pair of LVC 1971 517's raw in 28x34 on sale for $90.

levis store also has the 1966 super slim reissue in semi raw(not LVC) does anyone know what model this actually was? the fit was pretty good and they are moving fast. the link is dead on the US site for some reason.

http://www.levi.ca/canada/en/prod/detail.asp?wc=1966&bc=re

i grabbed mine for 50 bucks two months ago there.

Started wearin my 551zxx again in the last few weeks , lost some weight !!! . Pics of them new and today . Also pictured with recently purchases Levi Europe products with roots 1967 505 (non selvage , double chain stitch hem , late 60s/early 70s pockets/arcs and small e tab) Apologies for the poor quality inside pic (camera spots , jeans are unmarked)

after

551zxx.jpg

before

551a.jpg

with 505s

551505.jpg

Just scored a Valencia Type I jacket (the last Levi's jacket I REALLY wanted) on eBay last week for $138. It came in with minor wear, and never washed. I cold washed and hung dried it. Not a lot of shrinkage, and nice and stiff.

The next day a Type II looking jacket popped up with a Buy-It-Now of $24.99. Turned out to be an LVC. It had been washed and dried, so it's not stiff at all. Here's the weird part- the tag is leather, not leather-like paper. It reads 507, no XX. There is enough of the tag left to see the silver thread, and the buttons are stamped with the elusive 822 code. Anyone found out what factory used the 822 code, and when?

Pics soon!

Just scored a Valencia Type I jacket (the last Levi's jacket I REALLY wanted) on eBay last week for $138. It came in with minor wear, and never washed. I cold washed and hung dried it. Not a lot of shrinkage, and nice and stiff.

The next day a Type II looking jacket popped up with a Buy-It-Now of $24.99. Turned out to be an LVC. It had been washed and dried, so it's not stiff at all. Here's the weird part- the tag is leather, not leather-like paper. It reads 507, no XX. There is enough of the tag left to see the silver thread, and the buttons are stamped with the elusive 822 code. Anyone found out what factory used the 822 code, and when?

Pics soon!

what size was the type 2? that's the one I really want.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PaulT

Birthday%20Cake_nocandle.jpg

Happy birthday and many returns!

-Jake

Thanks guys!

I had a terrific weekened... bit of a credit crunch in the Paul T household due to recent festivities, so my birthday meal was crab sandwiches on the beach.

Of course, we had a blast:

jeanstesting.jpg

And also, in the LVC context, a sad farewell to my 1947s. I hope to see some of Beatle's famous acrobatic shots featuring these jeans, soon...

47frontmain.jpg

fareweelllllllllll 47's...

as for me, I'll be getting my first pair of raw 47's tomorrow. the new 2008 collection has them stocked in. they also have another pair of 47's that are raw and not selvage. They look kinda gross lookin', they have a yellow'sh green'sh tint on them and they come with a 1947 bag. not my kinda style..

I also just recieved a pair of the saddleman jeans today in the mail, was so siked on them until I found out they were too tight! I got a 29 and realized I should have gotten a 32 like my Exile ones.

such a shame, nice jeans too..

2966285470_5a03840a71_o.jpg

bad luck with the 47s. They look pretty good, too - where are they made? Does it say 233M on the button, ot other factory code on the tag? Turkey or USA?

PLease post pix of the raw ones when you get them, front and back, would love to see if they look different to the N Carolina-made ones.

On the distressed ones I can see minor differences - like the coin/watch pocket, which is set a little lower.

Pics soon!

The Type 2 had a leather patch as it was first introduced around 1953. The pressed paper patch was, as far as I know 1955. Mine is a Valencia Street 555 stamp made in March 2000.