Levi's Vintage Clothing

I managed to grab a made in USA (with Cone denim) LVC triple pleat in my size. This jacket has been on my "to buy" list for many years and I figured I had to grab it before this version was completely gone. 

The fit is quite slim, especially when I compare it to my Conners Sewing Factory jacket. Even more than that, it is quite short. It's not uncomfortable to wear, but I've never worn such a short jacket and it feels like it's too short, but I like how it looks in the pictures. I didn't expect to like this one so much, but it's now already my favorite non-leather jacket. Makes me more sad about this fabric being no more.

I took pre-soak shots of it on its own, but I still need to take post-soak shots of the fabric, though I'm sure those already exist in this thread (those fade pics above from @Paul T look great!). I'd love to find a duck version as well.

PmWBRRd.jpg?1

pNdUEWn.jpg?1

334Q8Qg.jpg?1

79zQX5o.jpg?1

ezhkBYe.jpg?1

y26JSEF.jpg?1

Edited by dudewuttheheck

I found the triple pleat to be deceptively wide in the body and it's worth going up a size or two. I've had to retire mine because it's too tight in the arms, armpits, back, and cuffs (so basically everywhere lol). A real shame because it was an item that was easy to wear even when it got a little hot... My only gripe was that the buttons felt plasticky, but never bothered to change them anyway.

Had a number of opportunities to get a bigger size when stock was still fine, but never pulled the trigger. I may have a look at the current season one (despite it being made elsewhere and using different denim) because I should be able to get a ripe ol' discount.

44 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It's a nice jacket. For my taste it looks kinda too small on you

I get that. I'm sure most would not want theirs to fit like this. I personally love how it fits. Part of it is how loose my CSF jacket looks and feels.

If it were uncomfortable buttoned, then I would probably have to move it on and find a larger size if I could, but it's actually quite comfortable even buttoned and easy to move around in.

THey are a lovely shape but the sizing is indeed tricky. I stopped wearing my denim one for a while as it felt too small after a machine wash. Can't find photos though! So here's the duck one. The cuffs feel mich shorter than they look, probably I am in some weird hunched-up pose. Dudewth, definitely hand wash only when it's time.

PTinparkbetter.jpg

Edited by Paul T

Dude What The Heck,

That thing fits like a close fitting denim shirt. The pleats are flaring, and the sleeves are skin tight and short.

If you're into it, then you're happy. But it's definitely being worn at least one size downsized, and probably two. Shouldn't have soaked it IMO.

Definitely much better unbuttoned IMO, and I would also unbutton the cuffs. Both techniques will help to minimize its overly tight appearance.

cone?

cone!

triple pleat?

triple pleats!!!

[apologies for reposting this, but I do love a triple pleat love in! here are the two stages of the lvc attempts - first is kaihara tho iirc...]

mFwHDiQh.jpg

a kaihara fade detail

sl8ejYlh.jpg

some cone detail

IrtLMZBh.jpg

looks good on the shoulder dude, but watch for button popping if worn real tight, the thread of these does unravel...

now, I've said it before and I'll say it again to the unlistening ears of lvc: pls do it again in gingham pls [but an undistressed version! pls]

or like this... [again, a repost of buler's archival treasures on the endangered DBro... seems to be a one pocket double pleat on closer observation, but you get the picture...]

white triple pleat.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Yeah I'd say that's about a size or two too small. The duck version Paul's got on is how I feel like a triple pleat should fit.
I'd sell and find a bigger size, but you seem to like your jackets on the smaller side.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I get that. I'm sure most would not want theirs to fit like this. I personally love how it fits. Part of it is how loose my CSF jacket looks and feels.

If it were uncomfortable buttoned, then I would probably have to move it on and find a larger size if I could, but it's actually quite comfortable even buttoned and easy to move around in.

In the end, if you are happy, I am happy :D

I think it’s a bit small but OK if you leave it undone, ie summer wear only. I’m worried mine may end up like that though once I wash it and start to wear it. It seems very wide and short-ish in the body in its raw state and the sleeve forearms aren’t exactly roomy. We’ll see but I won’t break it OUT until my TCB 30s jacket is more broken IN!

Edit: just wondering what has your attention in those photos @dudewuttheheck? Are you on the set of Stranger Things? :D

Edited by Maynard Friedman

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think it’s a bit small but OK if you leave it undone, ie summer wear only. I’m worried mine may end up like that though once I wash it and start to wear it. It seems very wide and short-ish in the body in its raw state and the sleeve forearms aren’t exactly roomy. We’ll see but I won’t break it OUT until my TCB 30s jacket is more broken IN!

Edit: just wondering what has your attention in those photos @dudewuttheheck? Are you on the set of Stranger Things? :D

I'm REALLY bad at posing so I always just look away from the camera :D

I will try undoing the cuffs and cuffing them myself. That's the one thing I don't like about the fit. 

IMO have to say great fit dude. my looks on me similar, just have more room in arms.... wash by hands in max warm water, not more... my shrank in 30C noticeably ...

Edited by vIGGiou riou

This jacket is being worn for summer/warm weather only. 

@MJF9 These are Oliver Peoples Benedict. It's their version of the classic aviator. Mine are made in Japan, but unfortunately I believe they have moved production of this and nearly all their models outside of Japan now. 

Here are a couple more pictures I took in my university bathroom. The sleeves are cuffed up in one and undone in the other. Curious to see what everyone thinks.

allEmbW.jpg?1

yDyH5g5.jpg?1

I think it looks good Dude. That's how I like my denim jackets to fit w/ the bottom hitting right at the beltline. As long as you have full range of motion in your shoulders, it's money. That's the one dealbreaker for me, if I feel restricted - it's too tight. But if it feels good, it is good.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:35 AM, Paul T said:

Cultizm say that the V2 1937s are 10.8 oz and the V2 1966s are 12oz. My V2 1937s and 1966s seem to be the same weight so I question whether Cutlizm are right, though their information is very precise. The Cone 1933s used to be 11oz but there don't seem to be V2 1933s around at present.

It's definitely a lot better looking with the cuffs unbuttoned. Rolled up or let hang makes no difference – as long as they are unbuttoned. 

Just to double check, the whole "10oz before wash, 12oz after wash" applies to a square yard of fabric, right? That is, the jeans itself after a wash doesn't actually gain weight because the amount of fabric stays the same... I could be a dummy, but that's how I always understood it.

14 minutes ago, 428CJ said:

It's definitely a lot better looking with the cuffs unbuttoned. Rolled up or let hang makes no difference – as long as they are unbuttoned. 

Yeah, it does help get rid of the flare near the wrist and it makes the sleeves look less skinny overall. 

16 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Just to double check, the whole "10oz before wash, 12oz after wash" applies to a square yard of fabric, right? That is, the jeans itself after a wash doesn't actually gain weight because the amount of fabric stays the same... I could be a dummy, but that's how I always understood it.

Exactly

5 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Yes. The weight goes up due to shrinkage increasing how much fabric is contained in a square yard. Shrinkage obviously can't make the entire garment heavier; it just affects the per yard part of the calculation.