Levi's Vintage Clothing

1 hour ago, cusswords said:

With LVC being made in Bulgaria and a Turkey does this mean Levi’s has no US made production? When is the last time that happened? 

Officially, it's the first time it's happened I believe - although US production was contracted out, in any case, from 2003 or so when they closed their own factories, first to Taylor Togs and then to various others. They have a small scale facility in battery street where they prototype stuff, experiment with finishes, and do small runs.

Edited by Paul T

I just received these 1944s from the Levi's store. I came to the conclusion that the price mark down must mean they are selling off old stock (Cone). With the price and the promo code I received, I couldn't very well say no. 

Made in the US with Cone. Maybe 2 sizes to big at the moment, but it'll be a good future pair.  

https://imgur.com/a/wc5757q

can't upload photos right now for some reason. Sorry!

Edited by istewi

My experience with 1937s has been chequered. I got 2 or 3 pairs of original 555 201s and 1 had a snag. PARTIAL  SUCCESS. In about 2012 I picked up 5 more pairs of these which are nice. SUCCESS.

At 1 stage you could only get them (now labelled  501s with the different buckle) in the South West Soil finish but not raw. FAILURE. I did get a few pairs of South West Soil which I liked. SUCCESS. When you could get them raw, in early 2000s, the fabric had flaws and would disintegrate. FAILURE - I got Denim Doctor to convert 1 pair into shorts. SUCCESS

Whenever I looked, the last of the Cone denim never seemed to available in L36, so now I have some V2s made in Bulgaria which will be interesting! First impressions are good, but  pic upload failed.

IMG_20190903_1336026.jpg

Edited by Dry
Uploaded pic

On 9/3/2019 at 8:42 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Look like 66s to me.

Yes, but I never understood where they got those curiously positioned arcs from. Here is the left rear pocket of some rigid STF zipper Levis, presumably 502s bought new in September 1969.

IMG_20190903_2141222.jpg

Edited by Dry
Uploaded pic

5 hours ago, alpharikk said:

Yes it is!

Those don't look like they were worn very long before the wash. How long did you break them in first?

6 hours ago, heyson said:

Thanks Alpha. What would your sizing recommendation be for the 66? As far as waist is concerned mainly.

I think you can go true size if want to look more slim and go upsize 1 if you want to look more straight. Imho.

Because they will shrink around 1inch after initial wash / insoak.

3 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Those don't look like they were worn very long before the wash. How long did you break them in first?

Ah I always wash them every week :) and its already 1 month wear..

Edited by alpharikk

On 9/3/2019 at 8:42 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Look like 66s to me.

Just had 2 pairs of rigid Cone Mills made in the USA raw 1966s size W32 L36 delivered expecting that I would get V2. 

I had 2 pairs of 1937 V2s delivered yesterday and the 1966s are a more generous fit in that size to the 1966s.

I love the Cone Mills denim which seems similar to the 1947s I bought about 5 years ago.

Having said that, I love the new ?Kaihara denim of the 1937s and they have been expertly put together in Bulgaria.

The price rises don't seem to affected the UK LS website, unlike Cultizm.

I can't upload pics - there was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200. Anybody know why?

IMG_20190904_1342416.jpg

Edited by Dry
Uploaded pic

20 minutes ago, Dry said:

Having said that, I love the new ?Kaihara denim of the 1937s and they have been expertly put together in Bulgaria.

My favorite Levis model.

Glad to hear your positive impression of the Kaihara.

I don’t see any stock at Levis.com?

Edited by Pedro

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

My favorite Levis model.

Glad to hear your positive impression of the Kaihara.

I don’t see any stock at Levis.com?

I think these are Cone: https://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/clothing/men/jeans/levis-vintage-clothing-1937-501-jeans/p/375010010

And these are made in Bulgaria: https://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/clothing/men/jeans/levis-vintage-clothing-1937-501-jeans/p/375010015

The key is in the last 2 numbers (10) and (15).

4 hours ago, Dry said:

Just had 2 pairs of rigid Cone Mills made in the USA raw 1966s size W32 L36 delivered expecting that I would get V2. 

I had 2 pairs of 1937 V2s delivered yesterday and the 1966s are a more generous fit in that size to the 1966s.

I love the Cone Mills denim which seems similar to the 1947s I bought about 5 years ago. Having said that, I love the new ?Kaihara denim of the 1937s and they have been expertly put together in Bulgaria

I can't upload pics - there was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200. Anybody know why?

Although there's not the historic legacy of tone, Kaihara supplied a lot of the LVC Japan denim which was always thought to be great.

THe -200 error has been aroudn for a bit, means we can't upload files and have to host them somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

As strange as it sounds, I feel that the buckle on my 37’s is the cause of my sudden lower back pain. I was wearing them everyday, and after a long road trip my lower back was jacked up pretty badly. The pain was pretty local to the area where the buckle rests up against, and now that I’ve taken a break from wearing them the pain is going away.

Anyone else ever experience this with cinchbacks? I’m contemplating cutting the buckle off, but I’m hesitant.

Edited by heyson

On 9/5/2019 at 4:12 AM, kicks79 said:

@heyson 47s run 1" smaller in the waist than there tagged size. So I would echo what others have said and say 32" would work. 

For what it's worth, I just had a pair of 47, tag size 34 which measured 33.75" and Aeroleather Clothing has another pair in stock of size 34 which measures 34.75". So like always there is some room for variation. 

Meanwhile, I posted my pair of 47 on Grailed for sale:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/10727329

On 9/15/2019 at 5:20 AM, Pedro said:

@heyson

I always wear buckle-backs without back issue. Are you very thin? I am not thin so its definitely not rubbing against my vertebrae...Lol

Something about cutting off the buckles seems very wrong to me.

I am pretty thin, yes. I am hesitant to cut off the buckles, but I really want to keep wearing them. Maybe I’ll just go ahead with it 

22 minutes ago, heyson said:

I am pretty thin, yes. I am hesitant to cut off the buckles, but I really want to keep wearing them. Maybe I’ll just go ahead with it 

What about just unbuckling the cinch and letting it hang loose a couple of wearings? See if that helps?

Please do not post photos if you neuter the ‘37’s. It is too painful to view.

Edited by Pedro