Levi's Vintage Clothing

i am a 33/32 or 32/32. I have an LVC 47 in 34/34, and one in 34/36. i got a 36 the second time because i wanted to be able to cuff them. my advise is, if you can, try them on and find a waist size that fits you. they do run about one size small (which is why i need a 34.) if you cant try them on, i would go 1 size up from your waist size for a trimmer fit, and 2 for a loose fit. dont forget 2-3 sizes up in your inseam. I dont think youre going to have any luck finding a 35.

Do you know what your 34s measured now after shrinking and then stretching?

i am a 33/32 or 32/32. I have an LVC 47 in 34/34, and one in 34/36. i got a 36 the second time because i wanted to be able to cuff them. my advise is, if you can, try them on and find a waist size that fits you. they do run about one size small (which is why i need a 34.) if you cant try them on, i would go 1 size up from your waist size for a trimmer fit, and 2 for a loose fit. dont forget 2-3 sizes up in your inseam. I dont think youre going to have any luck finding a 35.

sympathy what size super slims were u looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Levis-Super-Slim-Jeans_W0QQitemZ170263828848QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170263828848

These are size 31x32, not my auction but I thought you might be interested

Oh, thanks! I hadn´t been on sufu for few days... i noticed that auction, in fact these were exactly my size... but for a student a little much, although 260 are more than reasonable.

sympathy what size super slims were u looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Levis-Super-Slim-Jeans_W0QQitemZ170263828848QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170263828848

These are size 31x32, not my auction but I thought you might be interested

Oh, thanks! I hadn´t been on sufu for few days... i noticed that auction, in fact these were exactly my size... but for a student a little much, although 260 are more than reasonable.

Levi experts...help please.

Anyone know why the '37 LVCs have a four button fly instead of a five? Is this historically accurate? If so, were the 501s from 1937 the only model to have four buttons?

Thanks

I found some pictures:

2qlgawy.jpg

1922 vintage

2usvo77.jpg

Another pair from around 1922

4k6xy0.jpg

and these from 1936

So it appears to be accurate, it looks to me like the 1922's only have three buttons.

i have a pair of "1873xx first blue jeans" and have been wearing them on and off for about five months now. there's really no fading or anything. there are some creases which could lead to some honeycombs i suppose. i didn't soak them or anything like that. i just bought them and started wearing them. admittedly, they are a bit baggy.

1. should i give them a soak right now to shrink them or continue wearing them?

2. if i should soak them, what temperature water should i use and for how long should i soak them?

i'm just reading a couple threads and it says levi's lose indigo rather quickly which hinders the quality of the fades and honeycombs. if anyone here has this pair or a pair like these jeans, please give me a walkthrough on what you did because a lot of posts don't exactly give a clear explanation of the exact methods.

^^indigo loss shouldnt be a problem with lvc. I soaked 33s and 37s for around 3-4 hours in hot hot tub water..

1 fill up tub

2 put in pants, make sure they are under water. weigh them down with something if neccesary.

3 take time. maybe fill up with some warmer water after acouple of hours.

4 remove

5 hang dry

I just received an email (for which thanks) telling me that the new LVC is being produced at Caitac in California. I think they're best-known as jeans finishers, but they obviously cut and sew too.

http://www.caitacgarment.com/

I guess they will produce all jeans bearing the 233M stamp. Thanks (and +rep) to Chromium for showing us the new production - if there are truly no differences from the Taylor Togs-made jeans, that is a good thing!

I've added this info to the 501 guide, which now includes the new Euro LVC, including the Oldest Oldest, '1873" and 1927 501.

do not dry them

it doesn't take that long for them to air dry.

using a dryer will make your jeans softer and they wont hold creases and such. plus it will turn your dryer blue. you also miss the fun of watching your jeans dry.

For the 1947 LVC 501s:

From this thread I see that you are supposed to buy them +2 sizes from your normal size. Is this your normal vanity size or normal true size?

A well fitting pair of jeans I own measures 17, should I get a 35 sized pair 1947? It'll shrink to 33 and then stretch to 34 for the final size.

Sorry this Shrinking business is very confusing ;)

I usually wear a 31, I bought a 31 in my '47 LVC because I wanted a slim fit- it's actually still not as slim as I'd like still, but the waist is perfect. I would be extremely disappointed with the fit if I had sized up even one.

I know that the 501's are generally straight fit, but are there models of LVC that fit any slimmer? I was looking at maybe the '47s?

The '66 are slim and for 501, the 1947's are the slimmest.

Interesting that they contacted Lynn Downey and she didn't offer to purchase them outright, don't you think?

I think the "starting bid" of the auction, which is, if I recall, essentially the price Levis paid for the 1st 501's might be keeping her, and other collectors, away. But I admit that's just a guess.

I didn't notice the Type 1 jacket listing - I must have seen your post before you edited it. That's a real nice jacket. I don't know how they know it's a 1941 jacket though (Paul?). It doesn't seem to have the laurel wreath buttons that all the LVC repro wartime stuff has. I have a 1944 Type 1 LVC Japan repro and it looks really accurate, but it has the laurel buttons instead of the regular levis buttons that this jacket has (based on the wrist button anyway.

-Jake

Not sure if I missed this or not, but do the Levi's Stores have the F/W line of LVC in yet? I'm heading to San Francisco and would like to pick up a pair of 47' 501's. I have a pair of 36/34 but have lost a decent amount of weight since I purchased them so I'd like to try a new pair on before I purchase. If there's a link to a post with the info, please just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Not unless you come across some old stock from last season...I haven't heard anything about a Fall release for LVC in the US
I was able to take a look at a buyer's book of LVC items for Spring 2009 in the U.S. So I assume it's not being phased out in the US.

I remember there being a 1966 501,1890 XX, 1937 501, and a weird "Lot 66" bib overall from the turn-of-the-century (not sure of the year), and a 20's sack coat. There were also some 1930's 501 women's coochie-cutter cutoffs with patches on the butt.

A friend at Levi's in the US told me they're going to be getting current Euro LVC until next season, since Taylor Togg's shut down.

As mentioned earlier, I found out that Levi's will be importing a few euro LVC pieces for their stores this season, until next spring.