Levi's Vintage Clothing

or do the 'soak waist band and pull hard on small sections' method that I think setterman posited somewhere on this forum... I have found the 37s stretch back to raw and then some... (my current model w36 after recent 40c wash and then wear are now back to raw waist measurement - a nice comfortable little bit over 36"...)

IME, you'll get the most stretch by wearing them from wet till bone dry, during a day in which you are fairly active. 2.5" of stretch back is well within the realm of possibility using this method. I've had 4" of waistband stretch in a single day by wearing wet like this. It's the old trick for how you severely downsize 501s and still have them fit your waist and thighs; in the days before you could get slim fitting and/or tapered jeans, you'd just downsize 501s or the like. I'd dip them in cold water and go for a 5 or 10 mile hike/walk. Do that, and your waistband will end up about as big as you can get it.

In the future, you should generally cold rinse first, just to be conservative/cautious with the shrinkage. 40C is not what I would use for a first rinse. I would just go with straight cold tap water in most cases, unless I knew the jeans were significantly oversized and need as much shrinkage as possible. You can always use warmer washes in the future, but it's best to test the waters with cold first.

Edited by 428CJ

Hi guys,

grabbed myself a first pair of STF as a truly levi en LVC fan i tought this was the time. I have a 76 and 54 pre washed in a 33 and they fit good. So i bought this rigid pair in a 34. I STF them yesterday and wanted to show you guys the result. They didn’t shrunk that much as i thought.. they are a tad roomy in the waist and around the backpockets. Your opinions? 

3BF69506-945D-48E5-92E1-D00CC6860988.jpeg

29CCCDA0-A77B-46CC-8C74-4914A3AB7973.jpeg

Thanks! They feel a little loose in the waist, more the feeling i guess, and just need to settle down the cardbord feeling around the backpockets. It’s stiff and it’s standing on it’s own like i’m wearing a diper haha. But they arent’t slim fit so i guess i’m just need to get used to that. Thanks guys!! Any great opinions for my next rigid? 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:02 AM, Bosstime said:

Hi guys,

grabbed myself a first pair of STF as a truly levi en LVC fan i tought this was the time. I have a 76 and 54 pre washed in a 33 and they fit good. So i bought this rigid pair in a 34. I STF them yesterday and wanted to show you guys the result. They didn’t shrunk that much as i thought.. they are a tad roomy in the waist and around the backpockets. Your opinions? 

A tad roomy in the waist is the perfect size if you ask me, fit look great mate 

On 7/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Bosstime said:

Hi guys,

To me they looks super low, like when kids hang their pants off their ass. A tucked shirt, a belt, and hiking them up so the crotch sits at the intended point in relation to your body, will all go a long way toward making them look like they fit.

1 hour ago, 428CJ said:

A tucked shirt, a belt, and hiking them up so the crotch sits at the intended point in relation to your body, will all go a long way....

Geez Dad, you forgot to add “Stand up straight. Don’t slouch!”

Lol

On 7/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, Pedro said:

Geez Dad, you forgot to add “Stand up straight. Don’t slouch!”

Lol

On 7/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

^ Don’t forget to wear a tie and sensible shoes to complete the ensemble!

My comments were not in that vein in the slightest.

Look at the two most well known and classic appearances of denim in American pop culture: the main characters in "The Wild One" and "Rebel Without A Cause." The ensembles aren't anything anyone's father would have told them to wear at the time, and the characters are no generally seen as icons of formality and conservatism...yet they both feature jeans worn with the crotch of the jeans sitting in the crotch of the actor...and tucked shirts. (No belt on the Lees in "RWAC," though.) Those things do not necessarily make for a conservative and formal image – not with cuffed jeans, at any rate.

My point was that the guy's torso looks oddly elongated and the jeans look like they're slipping off. Some people do that on purpose. But the guy is wearing '54 repro jeans and lists his style as "classic," so I answered with these things in mind.

these might be worth a repro:

never seen before levi 606 super slims with selvage rather than the double felted outseam. also these don´t feature the orange bar tags at the back pockets yet.
Dear LVC, please get em reproduced! Heart

@428CJ

Sorry. Poor attempt at humor on my part.

I agree completely on the tucked in shirt with belt suggestion to work the proper look. I did not see them as being too low but I would say the cuff is too high although it could be camera angle or boot style. I think with time the denim will betteeconform to his body.

Your further description is very observant.  

Edited by Pedro

@428CJ @Pedro

thanks guys for the opinion. For everything is a first time.. even for a classic jean. That week before i wore 512,s en 501 taper.. seem to go from the dark to the light side. Any help is welcome, but rather think twice how you put your opinion, and incase of giving the opinion you can give some advice. For the small tub it was 36 degrees celcius that day, so the little girl wanted to take a dive:-) respect for only wearing this jean with this kind of heat.. haha! 

Guys, i saw a trucket jacket today, a 70505 - 9026 size 44, 55 dollar.. normally i’m a size ‘medium’ of the trucker III now a day. But the measurement guide shows me that the size is the same is my trucker III that i have from this season(no LVC) i can’t try before i buy.. any of you guys knows more about this jacket and the sizing? 

If it's the same measurements, then you're good. If it's larger, then you're still good. Denim jackets do fine sized up.

Hey all, End Clothing has released some of the 501 cuts in a colour called “Rigid V2”. Does anyone have information on the origin of the denim and where they are cut and sewn? On my end, the pricing also seems to be slightly higher than the ones from previous seasons.

4 hours ago, kicks79 said:

The denim will be from Kaihara mills( last season was the last of the white oak), no idea where they are now cut and sewn. 

Have they said that on the record?

It's what they told me five years ago was the back up plan. Still sad though.

22 minutes ago, Paul T said:

Have they said that on the record?

It's what they told me five years ago was the back up plan. Still sad though.

Levis UK also has two versions (Rigid) of most models now - the cone (I'm guessing) is in limited sizes left in stock the other is available for most sizes, now including a 36" leg 37 that the last cone versions didn't get made in