prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

we'd need to see the internal tag to know. But they'd have to be older than 20 years to be Japanese produciton. They kept producing the inbetween vintage models (502, a 55 501 etc) in Japan, often with cone, but the main models like the 37 were made in the US from 1999 or so, for Levi's Japan.

Thankyou PaulT.

This is the only sewn-in tag and I see no trace of any others tags being removed.

1) Front of tag

2) Back of tag

3) Pocket rivet 

4) Back of top button

There are no numbers or letters stamped on the back of the top button.

92EFEA87-2CAF-4DCA-9702-2B863BCA6CDD.jpeg

DB83DEDA-7FAE-463D-95A7-14E9F83C7C51.jpeg

99984A73-3AF9-4A0D-BE78-C1A0BA2A37C1.jpeg

3E2EAE13-F3C2-47CF-8A47-1EDF57E93AD0.jpeg

That looks like LVC Japan from April 2006, although it doesn’t say ‘Made in Japan’ in English (it may do in Japanese but I have no idea).

The last the symbols below the phone number says "Made in Japan"

And it's a 37 model according to the tag

Thank you @Maynard Friedman and @beautiful_FrEaK

That confirmation just sends chills up & down my spine.

The 1937 is my favorite cut.

Maybe I will just find a free-standing glass display and place these as the focal point of my home. Hermetically sealed and UV glass, ofcourse.

i like these japanese repros for their nice leather patches, which always looked more authentic to me than the ones of US repros.

fantastic, what a lovely pair. THey will be probably made from Cone, Levi's Japan sourced from there for the main models. Yup, they did tend to have nicer 2-horse patches.

It’s not my thing either @cool_hand, especially at that price but I’d love to see what a faded pair of the jeans looks like after a couple of years, especially using a monthly timeline. 

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s not my thing either @cool_hand, especially at that price but I’d love to see what a faded pair of the jeans looks like after a couple of years, especially using a monthly timeline. 

These will probably end up on sale at a few places; alternatively you could pick-up a pair of Studio D'Artisan Salesman Jeans for £200.

Oddly enough, I kind of like those Cone Mills patchwork pieces that are coming out. I think they'd look great totally beaten and worn in, rather than kept as collector's items in their boxes.

Does anyone know where they are carried and when they come out? I don't think I'll be buying any, but I would like to window shop.

The link posted by @cool_hand has the stockist details.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, 428CJ said:

Oddly enough, I kind of like those Cone Mills patchwork pieces that are coming out. I think they'd look great totally beaten and worn in, rather than kept as collector's items in their boxes.

Does anyone know where they are carried and when they come out? I don't think I'll be buying any, but I would like to window shop.

I agree - normally I don't like piece-meal jobs like that, but there's oddly appealing to me about them. And I too think they'd look great with serious wear.  

Canoe Club sent out an email on 5/31 saying they have/had a 10 pairs of jeans and 8 jackets. ATM, looks like they have 28 36 38 jeans and XL jacket... do't know who else got them 

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

.... looks like they have 28 36 38 jeans and XL jacket... do't know who else got them 

Only girth challenged sizes remaining?

Hmmm, does it mean those of narrow waist have higher earnings and more available disposable income?

Hey there,

I just picked up a reproduction type 1 on kijiji for 80 CAD. I really like it just wondering what people thought of the fit, the price, and if any knows the history of it.  It looks like it's from Japan.

20190617_162611.jpg

20190617_162547.jpg

20190617_162515.jpg

20190617_162021.jpg

20190617_162012.jpg

That’s a simplified Levi’s (WW2 model - laurel leaf donut buttons and no pocket flap) 506XX, more commonly known as the Type 1, made in Japan, in what looks like May 1992.

16 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

That’s a simplified Levi’s (WW2 model - laurel leaf donut buttons and no pocket flap) 506XX, more commonly known as the Type 1, made in Japan, in what looks like May 1992.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wondering if that is how it's supposed to fit. 

Ideally, and for a period-correct fit, you’d probably wear it a size smaller, but as a 27 year-old jacket for 80 CAD (<£50), you can’t pick and choose so if you’re happy with it then it’s a good deal.

It fits fine. The shoulder seams aren't inside the "corners" of your shoulders, nor are they dropping far below them. There is a range of several sizes of denim jackets that work fine on a person. That one sits right in the middle of that range. I would call it a "regular" fit.