Levi's Vintage Clothing

Jesus H. Christ. 40" inseam? Crazy (although I did order my 517's with a 38" inseam in order to reduce the flare after hemming to 33.5").

8 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Good deal @SF2Turbo if the hips didn't overly shrink you should be good. 

The denim was great on that pair but the fit didn't work out for me. Post some updates along the way. 

yeah fit in hip area very well i have lost a bit of size on my legs since iv stopped going gym, but i can see the fit becoming even better once im back at the gym. in the end the hanger may have been unnecessary since i don't know if that had an effect on stopping the leg width from shrinking. on my second soak after 4 months if they become dirty i will not use the hanger and see if i can get a little more shrink. but still very happy the denim waist is perfect. You were right about saying if the waist fit raw it will go back to that with wear it practically almost went back to it in 10-20 mins of wear. so wearing a full day the waist will go back to raw measurement

Thanks once again you saved me a lot of stress whilst they were hanging dry. Knowing i spent £180 lol:D

Rivets of the 501 -1966 model strangely I found whilst trying the 1947 and 1966 in the changing room that even the rivet styles are different depending on the models. 1966 has a rounder top and 47 looks like it’s been hammered down lot more flat .That’s how much of a geek I am paying attention to such small details 

A93A25CE-0067-478C-AE8F-958EDC01EF00.jpeg

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/levis-vintage-clothing-type-2-trucker-jacket-501-jean/

"At the end of 2017, one of the last selvedge denim producers in the United States, Cone Mills White Oak in Greensboro, North Carolina, closed its doors after 112 years of business. This end of an era also marked the termination of a partnership between Cone Mills White Oak and Levi’s. Levi’s Vintage Clothing is now celebrating the company’s long-standing relationship with the selvedge denim provider with two limited edition pieces..."

That’s some cool news 

if I was to change one thing about lvc that would make me a super happy about buying them it would have to be the thread , there stitching is horrible .... looks and feels cheap and gives them a really impersonal feeling ( like they were sewn together by a robot ) . Change to all cotton stitching and I don’t see why 90% of repro enthusiasts wouldn’t buy a few pairs 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

Part 2, now looking at the coin pockets of my 3 pairs with the "653" Button code, all non-selvedge, the one on the left is from '82, the other 2 are both from '83, all of them fairly wacko when compared to the earlier selvedge ones and also, the pocket openings are all single stitch. Again, you might need to maximize the pictures to see what I'm getting at. It's a completely different way of doing something fairly simple and standard on a 5 pocket jean, roughly within the same time period as the others but at a different factory.

20190308_151436.jpg

20190308_151540.jpg

A little bit more "653" button madness, similar to the nonsense I mentioned on page 687. I spotted this pair on ebay a while ago, they're sold now, but I couldn't help noticing the coin pocket, it's not a great picture but you can see that the pattern seems to follow the same lines as my early 1980's pairs, while these seem to be late 80's early 90's judging by the care tag and the patch...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It has that rounded/curved line

s-l1600.jpg

The plot thickens, at least for me...:D

This is more of a vintage Levi’s than an LVC question but does anyone know the difference between the Lot 201 and Lot 203 jeans from the early 20th century?

EDIT: this has been answered elsewhere- the 203 was the children’s model but thanks for your interest anyway!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

This is more of a vintage Levi’s than an LVC question but does anyone know the difference between the Lot 201 and Lot 203 jeans from the early 20th century?

203 is the kid's size of the 201, same as the 503 was the junior 501 etc..

Edit: oops, sorry, didn't realise Maynard was there already.

Some of the codes did get re-used. IIRC 502 was a junior size and later became a different model. Kid's models of vintage Levi's are great because they're often available for less $$$$.

Edited by Paul T

Finally got round to doing some fit pics of my LVC 501- 1966

lighting wasn’t perfect. May do some more fit pics after a few months wear.

i wanted a pair of relaxed fitting jeans these have come out almost perfect after shrinking and I feel there is still a little shrink left in the when soak them the second time. Only area I could have done better is the back but then again I’m back in the gym now time for them leg presses. And deadlifts.

4D83C6B4-B68B-4991-ABEB-EA4470244E4C.jpeg

93CB7FC4-D46F-4B9A-86D9-F57A599BCA9E.jpeg

EB189D0D-B902-4C78-B8B3-8C38A09577D9.jpeg

33A0EBAC-87EB-4FF7-BAF0-970F350324F5.jpeg

B9FBABD8-E730-4F44-8CC9-6E37AAEC6097.jpeg

Not easy to tell what they actually fit like, as they were not photographed with a the camera's sensor perpendicular to the ground.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, 428CJ said:

Not easy to tell what they actually fit like, as they were not photographed with a the camera's sensor perpendicular to the ground.

That is true will take some more pics once I break them in a bit more the pics are slightly angled. Not that I asked for the pics to be taken that way. They fit relaxed tapered with a nice amount of room around the thighs and tapers down a little. I could have got a little more shrink but a stuck a hanger between the waist when hung dry causing less shrinking. I was scared I would lose too much in the waist.still happy with the fit .

On 4/29/2019 at 6:29 AM, VivaMarlon said:

Are these sized down or are they generally that slim?

I didn’t size down they fit me comfortably when I tried them on with the slightest room in the waist. The fit as regular tapered jeans. They look slightly slimmer in some of the pics but some pics are very accurate to what they look in person.  So def don’t fit slim around the thigh as I have some slim tapered fits which can be a pain in the ass if you ask me

a random post; but shopping w. daughter no.1 in londinium a few weeks back, ended up trying out 'ribcage' vs. lvc 710... - obz 710 wins, but apparently (word of lvc store) this model may be getting shelved for 'ribcage' dominance... (only of interest to the fem. lvc wearers... i.e. if wanting 710, get em now)

also /general interest/ apparently the lvc tests with Japanese mills for the jeans coming back all ok / approved but the jkts coming back a bit crispier, so more tests going forward (again, just spreading shop-floor-tittle-tattle for internet blah)