Levi's Vintage Clothing

Looking good, Bartleby!

I didn't mention at the time, but when I posted my 3-pleat back in the summer and gathered suggestions of whether to wash, which I accordingly did... for a few months I thought it was an absolutel disaster. Just seemed to have shrunk too much to wear. I threw it in my denim box and ignored it.

I decided to cut my losses and sell the fucker in the autumn, when I got rid of my 555 55, Full Count 108 and more. Then saw they didn't actually fetch that much used, started wearing it again, and decided the sizing is fine.

Mind you, it's getting grubby around the cuffs once more, but this piece of clothing will never go in the washer again.

Last week was a beautiful golden dawn light in the bathroom, which captures the texture of this lovely Cone fabric perfectly.

Three pleat Jan 19.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ciabatta said:

Got a pair of the 55’s soaked once and barley worn off the bay for a steal. Should be coming Friday. Excited to finally have some cone LVC 501s. Just  could never justify the price. 

What size?

I have a question that is not specifically about Levi’s Vintage clothing but rather a line they offered called, “Special Edition”. 

I hope its OK to veer off topic. 

I bought these off ebay some years back when I didn’t know enough and thought selvedge automatically meant LVC. I just broke them out of storage for some extended Asian travel and have been wearing them regularly the past 4 months. They have a very obstinate synthetic dye that does not want to release from the fabric and so does not give me the good contrast I like but that does allow them to retain a decent inkiness.

Would these “Special Edition-1947” be Cone Denim from White Oak? 

-pedro

BB8E00FE-5D27-4095-AA7E-1228F7046D88.jpeg

C3B9D983-72A4-448A-A186-1FAB608A4887.jpeg

F478C5B3-88AB-43A3-94C7-4DD9F077A51A.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

1 hour ago, cool_hand said:

where can I find measurements (and shrink guide) for LVC jean jackets? 1936, 1953 etc.

Ask retailers for measurements of the actual jackets they would be sending you if you were to buy one.

The shrink guide is basically just to buy one size larger than you think you need. Since XL is usually the largest size, if you think you need an XL, then get XL. But try to wash it as little as possible, and only in cold water with line drying afterward. I'm not sure what happens to unshrunk unsanforized denim when it's dry cleaned, but I'm quite curious.

On 7/9/2009 at 6:40 PM, airfrogusmc said:

Thanks Chuck the denim on these 333s is different from any other LVC denim I've seen. Its heavy but VERY SOFT. It has a very different hand to it.

Heres a couple of more photos

IMG_1814.jpg

Watch pocket

IMG_1810.jpg

If anyone is interested these just went up on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-LVC-VERY-RARE-1911-Lot-333-jeans-38-34/153364654219?hash=item23b53ee88b:g:wcgAAOSwZKlcWFWn:rk:1:pf:0

On 7/9/2009 at 6:40 PM, airfrogusmc said:

Thanks Chuck the denim on these 333s is different from any other LVC denim I've seen. Its heavy but VERY SOFT. It has a very different hand to it.

Heres a couple of more photos

IMG_1814.jpg

Watch pocket

IMG_1810.jpg

If anyone is interested these just went up on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-LVC-VERY-RARE-1911-Lot-333-jeans-38-34/153364654219?hash=item23b53ee88b:g:wcgAAOSwZKlcWFWn:rk:1:pf:0

L1001959.JPG

L1001964.JPG

L1002951.JPG

L1002952.JPG

L1002954.JPG

L1002955.JPG

L1002957.JPG

L1002958.JPG

L1002959.JPG

L1002960.JPG

17 minutes ago, airfrogusmc said:

Anybody know what the new 2019 spring/summer LVC line will look like? Where are they sourcing denim for this line now the cone has closed? 

I think some details were released in the past 3 pages that answered these questions. 

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I think some details were released in the past 3 pages that answered these questions. 

Ok THANKS I guess I should have looked around some before asking. Nice to know they still have some cone denim 2019.. They must have bought a lot. I picked up a pair of 47s about a year ago and a pair of 55s a few months ago and both were better than any of the early LVCs of the same years that I had in the past. Both labeled Made USA and had tags indicating cone denim. 

Edited by airfrogusmc

13 hours ago, airfrogusmc said:

I just added some recent photos of the 1911 lot 333 LVCs. The denim is AWESOME. As are many of the other details like the buttons and button backs and rivets. 

Good luck with the sale, Allen. The Lot 333 are fascinating. The originals (and the repro) used recycled cotton in the yarn, I'm not sure where the farbic was milled but they were a real one-off.

Thanks Paul,

I really hate to part with them. I also have a very rare pair of LVC 1905 209 coveralls. Those I will never part with though I thought i would aways hang on to the 333s. Only so much room. I will also be putting up a pair of 20s 201s 555 IIRC. A new in box with original tags USA made Converse Chuck Taylors and maybe a couple of well worn pair of 1946 repro Chucks. 

1 hour ago, airfrogusmc said:

They are very well worn and they are Valencia St 555s tagged 38/34. I can post some photos in a few days if you'd like? 

Thank you for the offer but I was hoping beyond hope they were raw.

I just put my own raw 201’s from 555 into the line-up this past weekend. (I stored them several years ago until the time I finally felt confident enough in my rinse, wash and detergent practices!)

;-)

Edited by Pedro

1 hour ago, airfrogusmc said:

I wore the heck out of them. They actually look great just not raw. 

To be honest, I have never understood the desire of buying levis that were already beat up or worn.

Edited by Pedro

Found some '54s in the op shop for $10 and they fit perfectly. Some wear but plenty of life left and ability to make an imprint. 

I was a bit sceptical of getting them from Levis seeing as they were out of the premium raw selvedge game for a while but they have clearly put a lot of care into these, the roping in particular is quite impressive. 

20190205_194057.jpg

Looking for one last pair of LVC Cone:

Does anyone know of a good deal on a raw 66 501 in some combo of a 36-38W/34-36L?  Plenty out there at full retail, but that’s just ridiculous.  Have been able to find others for at least $100 less at various places, but not this one!

Have a well-worn 36x34, so kind of looking to size up if possible to have something slightly different.

Appreciate any leads!