Levi's Vintage Clothing

Found a pair of Levi's X kcKLOT jeans while thrifting and can't find a whole lot of info on them except a couple of Hypebeast articles. 

They feature selvedge denim with silver thread woven in, Talon zippers, and has the XX designation on the (possibly faux) leather patch but I'm not sure if they have anything to do with LVC...just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask in case someone knew more about this collab. 

Do we know how many examples were produced and where the denim comes from? This one actually does fit me, so I might do some minor alterations and use it if I were in the mood for something trippy looking. 

Edited by cause4pause
Source

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that Jake Shears is wearing some raw 1933s on his new album sleeve/lyrics sheet. I then got out some unworn 1933s - 36 x 36, - enormous. I had some (rare, I imagine) 34 x 38s which are very long. I remembered then that you couldn't get a 36 or 38 leg below a 34 waist and also that my old 34 x 36 were a fraction too short and still quite baggy. Then I discovered that you can now get L36 in W31, 32 and 33. Unintentionally, I ended up with 2 pairs of 31 x 36 and 2 pairs of 32 x 36. They are raw Cone denim,  made in the USA and nice and snug. The lengths look good. The button number is 4420. Anybody know where and whose that factory is? Anybody experienced these recent 1933s? I don't think I could possibly send them back to Levis lol

15348554602651754136907.jpg

Edited by Dry

Although the cardboard tag and website say Made in the USA from Cone denim, the sewn in inner label says 'Made in the USA of imported components'. Does that mean that Cone denim is imported into the USA, or what?

IMG_20180823_0856284.jpg

Edited by Dry

Having looked back at the previous posts, the conclusion I have come to is that the Cone denim which has been used is made in Mexico or China (assuming they now make selvedge) or it is left over White Oak and some of the other components are imported into the USA or the denim is Kaihara (which would seem unlikely because the label info would then be incorrect). Anybody got of this 1933 denim with evo/fading?

Edited by Dry

Sorry, I can't do anything about that, delete or edit it, nothing! I had thought about the inner labels. Here is a pic of my raw 1933s with 2 days wear - no soaks, no washes. Not how they are intended to be worn but so what.

IMG_20180824_0840162.jpg

Edited by Dry

Levi's probably doesn't operate radically different from Nike or adidas - the vast majority of their lines are produced in Asia or Latin America with nominated fabrics and trims from big suppliers. for the very small volume that represents LVC produced in the US most trims will still come through the global channels of those nominated suppliers - some have US production facilities, some not.
the printed care label is most likely printed onsite, but woven labels, patches, threads, buttons and rivets could be sourced from US or Asian companies with Asian production facilities.

even US trim companies have closed down US production facilities and moved them abroad where the majority of the garment production takes place.

3 hours ago, Dry said:

@Maynard FriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmaFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmaFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmaFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmanandFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFriedmanFriedmanaFriedmanFriedmananFried

Should I be worried by this? :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Should I be worried by this? :rolleyes:

Yes, but only if you're worried by someone who is clearly in love with you, it's obviously just a bit of mild romantic obsession. It's usually harmless unless you have a pet rabbit.

Edited by 501XX4EVER

2 hours ago, istewi said:

@Dry  I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't soak those... they may be un-wearable after.

@istewi don't worry, I seldom soak. Never had jeans that have become unwearable yet but there is always a 1st time lol. Having said that, the cut of my Fullcount 21 oz 0109 doesn't suit me and they have become uncomfortably tight in the thigh after multiple washes.

12 hours ago, Dry said:

Sorry, I can't do anything about that, delete or edit it, nothing! I had thought about the inner labels. Here is a pic of my raw 1933s with 2 days wear - no soaks, no washes. Not how they are intended to be worn but so what.

IMG_20180824_0840162.jpg

they look very slim for a 1933

The denim will almost certainly come from Kaihara, with whom LVC have a longstanding relationship. Kaihara produced most of the Sanforized LVC fanric, for the 505 etc. I was told, perhaps a decade ago, that Kaihara had the specs for every LVC vintage denim, and were ready for production if Cone went. Cone has been in trouble for that long.

Interesting wearing my TCB 1920s, which are great jeans but I know what Allen Little means about predictable slub (the pattern is entirely regular, large slubs all the same size repeated regularly). I hope Kaihara keep the more authentic look.

Edited by Paul T