Levi's Vintage Clothing

On 23/11/2017 at 8:02 AM, cool_hand said:

Maynard, I've tried that and now it only shows 7 garments available, how many are you seeing?

I can't believe they could have sold out of that much stock in 24 hours - not at 30% discount!

I still have several pairs of 76 in my cart which are available but they are not showing on the main page. Looks deliberate to me.

still all disappeared on the UK site

On 11/23/2017 at 10:08 AM, cool_hand said:

I found a pair of 1933 yesterday in a BF promotion for £112 - thought that was a fairly good price; if I don't like them I may pick up a pair of the 76 to add to my 76 Mirrors - I'm kind of reluctant to wear the Mirrors as they are the closest thing I have to a conceptual art edition. Anyone here own a pair of Mirrors and have worn them? Is that sacrilege? 

Cool Hand, what did you pay for your Mirrors?

5 hours ago, cool_hand said:

My basket now says out of stock. Tried the German site - everything (LVC) is showing but if you try placing anything in your bag you get this message:

Apologies, we are out of stock. Please remove this item.

That sucks, I just put a few items in my cart and no problems at all. Strange behavior to say the least, it shouldn't be a problem for a big company like Levi's to ship stuff from different warehouses within Europe - at least as long as Brexit isn't through ;)

On 26/11/2017 at 12:17 AM, Cucoo said:

That sucks, I just put a few items in my cart and no problems at all. Strange behavior to say the least, it shouldn't be a problem for a big company like Levi's to ship stuff from different warehouses within Europe - at least as long as Brexit isn't through ;)

The German website seems to be OK now. However the UK site they've restricted the availability of LVC down to 6 garments. The USA site is also good for LVC and the discount is 40%. Levi's UK for some reason decided to pull the majority of stock from the BlackFriday/Cyber Monday promotion.

Strange logic IMO, so discounting while black friday is on is not desirable but normal discount codes for 20% or 30% off working for LVC is desirable? Also you'd think that the 40% off in the US wouldn't have worked then either. I don't think this is indicative of LVC as a whole.

^ agreed agreed absolutely 

but certainly they seem to have taken different direction than other countries...

edit; surely one the difficulties of working within global context

edit 2; also want to say how impeccable the lvc carnaby st. customer service on phone was, as was their knowledge of their product: was actually quite impressed

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Hey friendos,

You were definitely right about sizing up in the 47s! But here they are and I love them so goddamn much. I don't know why I waited this long to get a pair, but I'm happy I finally did. Can't do measurements cuz I don't have my measuring tape with me here, but if people are interested I can def do that when I'm home for the holidays. I soaked them in hot water in the sink for 30 minutes, so I suspect there's a little more these can still shrink, which is probably good as I can already feel the waist starting to stretch after a full day of wear.

These seem quite a bit crunchier than I remember my 54s being, which I like and the higher rise and fuller seat make for a much better fit. And the straight leg means I can wear my Eat Dust/Red Wing collab pecos with them! But thanks again to all of you for helping me find the right size.

IMG_8998 (1).jpg

IMG_9011.jpg

@beautiful_FrEaK the only laundromat in town (I'm living in the middle of nowhere) only has machines that get insanely hot. They shrank my sanforized Burgus Plus 770 to an unwearable size, so I might have to wait about a month to get to machine that I can make hot, but not scalding.

But I definitely will once I can.

On 25.11.2017 at 7:51 PM, cool_hand said:

My basket now says out of stock. Tried the German site - everything (LVC) is showing but if you try placing anything in your bag you get this message:

Apologies, we are out of stock. Please remove this item.

Hello everyone, my first posting here. I had the same problems with the German shop on Saturday evening but was able to order yesterday. I ordered a pair of 1976 501 in 36x34 and a minute later - now or never - wanted to order a second pair but got a message that their stock was depleted. Today got the message that my pair is on the way to me.

Levi's state on their site that the 1976 501 are made of imported materials. What does this mean? Are they made of White Oak Cone denim or of imported denim from a foreign Cone factory?

Edited by ushokmwn

28 minutes ago, ushokmwn said:

Levi's state on their site that the 1976 501 are made of imported materials. What does this mean? Are they made of White Oak Cone denim or of imported denim from a foreign Cone factory?

Welcome! That fabric is definitely dyed and loomed at White Oak.

It's either laziness (one label for all LVC) or else it's possible the yarn was actually spun in Mexico before it went to White Oak for looming - bod could well be correct too, maybe it's some other part. I suspect they put the same label in more or less every item that's sewn in the US to cover all possibilities. Odd fabrics are made overseas (for instance, shirt fabrics, some canvas etc).

Edited by Paul T

14 minutes ago, ushokmwn said:

I'm not sure they would also write that on their website if it was just the lable thing. Maybe it's some buttons but their other jeans don't have this notice.

I think that's a random error/variation. A lot of their current production, featuring White Oak denim,  have that notice on the label.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Strangely enough(!), all LVC items seem to be back in stock on the UK website.

Yes I just noticed that! Strange isn't it?

Need help finding the perfect pair of jeans? I'm the Levi's StyleBot and I'm here to help.

Hi again,

Hope it's all right if I post more ill-lit fit pics. These are my 1954 501z, which I've had for nearly a year at this point. But they've been somewhat neglected because I never quite liked the fit. (Approx. 5 months actual wear, initial hot soak and two subsequent machine washes) I got them for a song on eBay, but had to go for the 30/32, which as you can see is a tad short.

They fit pretty well until recently when I wound up washing them in an extremely hot machine at the local laundromat. Two days active wear stretched them back out somewhat, but the thighs and waist are kind of killing me. But all this being said, the denim is wonderful. When I have access to a better camera and lighting setup over the holidays I'd like to include some closeups on the denim, because I really really like how it looks. I don't know if I'll end up wearing these enough to get really cool fades ever, but now they look like a relatively respectable broken-in pair.

Thanks for being so welcoming to a new sufu-er, I can't believe it took me this long to get involved.

IMG_9034.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

I ordered a triple pleat jacket from the UK website with a 30% discount code last Tuesday and received an email confirmation of my order. As I hadn’t heard anything for over a week, I chased it yesterday. After about 5 emails, Levi’s have now informed me that the order was cancelled due to a technical issue(!) even though no one had informed me and that I should resubmit my order. Basically, they do not want to honour the discount code and would prefer me to pay full price for a jacket advertised at a discount.

Of course I declined and asked them to honour the original order and told them I wanted to complain about their disingenuous practice - I’m still awaiting their reply. What a bunch of charlatans!

Oh, no one answers when I call their customer care line either. Great service Levi’s.

I'm hoping that the 47s will be okay without another wash because I gave them a properly hot soak, whereas I went really light at first on the 54s to avoid shrinking the already too-short inseam too much

So my 1976 501 (36x34) is here. Well made but this piece needs to shrink a lot and then some. If it shrinks like what you posted here, it will be an excellent fit in the end.

Exact raw measurements:

Waist: 46,5 cm
Thigh: 34 cm
Hem: 22,5 cm
Inseam: 85 cm

Currently hot soaking at ~70°C. I'll check in 30 minutes and up the temperature if it is still too large.

Edited by ushokmwn
typo

5 hours ago, albmuzquiz said:

I'm hoping that the 47s will be okay without another wash because I gave them a properly hot soak, whereas I went really light at first on the 54s to avoid shrinking the already too-short inseam too much

as long as you got some good agitation the remaining shrink should be negligible.