Levi's Vintage Clothing

Guest mattes
were those advertised as LVC jeans???

Actually it is not LVC but has tags on, made of fabric and it says levis [capital E], it also has green logo stamped on levis eco and the other is tag is made of wood. The patch is leather.

Sweet...I think those retailed for $245...I almost bought a pair, but I held back...the weird thing is that the Levi store I saw them in (as well as the online store) characterized them as female jeans...I think they're pretty hard to track down now, unless they've re-released them for this Fall

make sure you keep us posted as to how they wear.

Sweet...I think those retailed for $245...I almost bought a pair, but I held back...the weird thing is that the Levi store I saw them in (as well as the online store) characterized them as female jeans...I think they're pretty hard to track down now, unless they've re-released them for this Fall

these are selling for about 80s now in levis stores... I'd call the one in Chicago, they had a few pairs left. Its their capital e line/ECO line.

So how much can I expect these 501xx 1947 LVCs to shrink in length? I've soaked twice, even threw into dryer, they're still about 2-3" too long (I have them double-cuffed).

I'm thinking of getting them tailored to about a 31" inseam, but don't want them to get too short later when I finally straight up wash em..

So how much can I expect these 501xx 1947 LVCs to shrink in length? I've soaked twice, even threw into dryer, they're still about 2-3" too long (I have them double-cuffed).

I'm thinking of getting them tailored to about a 31" inseam, but don't want them to get too short later when I finally straight up wash em..

They should shrink about 2" in length.

Forget about soaking, it´s a waste of time if you are trying to shrink them. Just wash them on the hot setting and let them hang dry. The fabric will stiffen back up for a while so that whiskers and combs will set.

Guest mattes

Retail was $121 and I got it for $49.

Has anybody got measurements on either the 1947 501xx or the 1967 505 in size 32/34????

Search!

"LVC repros of the 1947 jeans tend to be undersized. A 34W might actually measure 33. This will shrink to around 31, before stretching back to 32. But remember, the thighs etc will not stretch as much, so these will still be a fairly slim fit."

There's a comparison of 47 v 67 sizing there, too...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599611&postcount=3

Well, I have worn my LVC 501 (1901's) I think. after a spell of not trying them on, I think I posted previously that they were really rather tight despite being a W40, and they now fit much more comfortably, - I reckong I must have shed a few pounds, enough to make a very noticable difference in the space of a week !

I did spend quite some energetic hours gardening ( while wearing a pair of Evisu to beat them up a bit more ) so I can only attribue the much better fitting LVC to my sudden weight loss !

I have only worn them 3 times today being the 3rd and before were very difficult to event button the top button and the suspender buttons at the sides were digging in - now they feel nice'n'slouchy - how I like my jeans !

Looks like this is my next pair to break in and I'll post up picks as and when I get the chance.

I'm all for boarding the good boat LVC !

Hi Tekrah,my 1901 Sz.32 were tight aswell ( being a true 32 ),did a lukewarm soak,and they didnt shrink at all,but are very comfortable now.When i got them i was a bit disappointed,they felt so flimsy and the stitching was off in some places, and the denim that goes into the front left pocket is really short,so you see the white lining every time when sitting down.Apart from that they are my first choice summerjeans,they looking much better now after wearing them for 5 months.

Hi Tekrah,my 1901 Sz.32 were tight aswell ( being a true 32 ),did a lukewarm soak,and they didnt shrink at all,but are very comfortable now.When i got them i was a bit disappointed,they felt so flimsy and the stitching was off in some places, and the denim that goes into the front left pocket is really short,so you see the white lining every time when sitting down.Apart from that they are my first choice summerjeans,they looking much better now after wearing them for 5 months.

post pics please! i'm thinking of getting a pair later in the year/09. i'd like to see how theyre aging.

There isnt really to see that much,as being a welder i cannot wear denim at work,that would destroy them in a couple of days,but i will try my best and load up some pics as soon as time allows.But if you like suspender buttons,antifit seat and 9 ounce denim the 1901 is your choice.