Levi's Vintage Clothing

The 1886s and the 1901s have almost identicle fit. They're FULL. I've owned both.

I had the 1886s rolled pretty high. Check the 33s because they also fit very much like the 1901s and the 1886s.

Yeah, I've got a pair of 1901's that seem to fit just a little slimmer on me than the singer's of Tiger Army, but I've also got a pair of 1873 XX that fit smaller in the waist than the 1901's but are WAY fuller everywhere else. I however, I just tried on a current 1901 USA repro that was a lot fuller than my own 1901's. Seems that with today's production standards, there's a lot more leeway for manufacturing tolerances than back when production was quite a bit more limited.

Which leads me to wonder - though a run of seasonal reproductions seems to be such a limited batch of items from a mass-production point-of-view, how does that compare to production runs of actual Levi's in, let's say, 1901? (I ask because my pair of 1901's are hand-numbered out of 1690 pairs, which seems kind of massive for a hand numbered limited production item.) Paul seems to be the master of these peculiar questions. Or maybe I could shoot our girl Lynn an email.;)

Right, apologies for the boring 67 505s question, but I'm interested in these

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/lev0032blu

and as I'm a true 33 waist wondering if it's best to size up to the 34s or down to the 32s.

I understand they're sanforized so won't shrink much, but over the seasons I'm hearing varying reports on whether the true size is one inch smaller than tagged and then it stretches to tagged size or whether they're actually true and will stretch out above the tagged size.

I don't want to be a newb, but if anyone can give me a quick answer it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I will try to answer it from my own experience, but sizes may vary as Paul T has said so many times.

I am also a size 33 - maybe 33.5 - and I have the 505 in raw in a size 34, but they have stretched a bit, so they are a bit too big now, not that it matters.

I also have three pairs of prewashed/distressed 505's in a size 34 and they are all pretty tight in the waist. Especially when you was them. Then they shrink, but they quickly stretch again.

To summarize I would suggest you buy them in a size 34. Or maybe you should e-mail Oki Ni and ask them to measure the true waist on a pair of them, as the sizing might be different from mine.

I hope this helps.

Does any of you know how the sizing runs on the 1978's? I first read that they were sanforized, but now I have found out that they are stf, so are they like the 1947s or the 1955s do you reckon regarding shrinkage?

Here is a rather good bargain on the "Bunkhouse" shirt (I am pretty sure this is the name - correct me if I am wrong)

here http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/LEVIS/dept/salemen/tskay/5AD08E3B/rr/1/cod10/380445811R/sts/sr_salemen80

I know linking to shops isn't always appreciated, but as I recall this shirt was really expensive and some of you might have been looking for it.

Levis website is cheaper,they only charge $175 for a deadstock one, $5 for shipping. I just checked "Cultizm.com". They charge $179.99 plusing shipping to US. Since levis gives 20%-30% off coupon time to time, it is cheaper to buy from Levis.

BTW, Cultizm don't have my size right now.

Why don't you want to buy from Cultizm? It's cheaper than the Levi's website and the shipping is super fast. I have dealt with Dejan in the past and it has always been a great experience.

am lookin to get a pair of LVC 1947 501XX Raw/Unwashed.was wondering if the pair in this link http://www.levi.jp/mens/product/475010017.html is a 1947 501XXRaw/Unwashed?anyone can confirm?

Just an observation, but I noticed the asymmetrical arcuates are the same on both pockets, rather than mirror image. Maybe this is a common thing for Japanese Levi's?

505 is tapered and has a pretty low joke. i'm working on the '07 one with the Kaihara denim, and it's finally breaking in nicely. i've worn it for 120 days now, and i must say i didn't expect the indigo to break down into this many different hues of blue. i'm already looking forward to how it will look like in a years time.

the zipper (i got a Scoville one, can differ on other pairs) is working great, and it has never failed. the stitching isn't 100% cotton i think as it hasn't broken at any point yet, but i consider that a major plus.

fitwise i can only compare it to a '37 501 as that's the only one i actually own (from LVC), but i think a '47 501 will come closest to the 505 fit. the 37 is just mad loose of course. i do own a '66 cut from Skulls, but that fit is just way different. it's a straight leg and it's tighter at the tighs too (that's just a sizing question tho, i wear a 30 in skulls and a 32 in the 505's, so the 505's are oversized).

hope it helps.

Levis website is cheaper,they only charge $175 for a deadstock one, $5 for shipping. I just checked "Cultizm.com". They charge $179.99 plusing shipping to US. Since levis gives 20%-30% off coupon time to time, it is cheaper to buy from Levis.

BTW, Cultizm don't have my size right now.

Having purchased a pair of 1947s from Cultizm, they are actually $170.37 delivered ($150.42 + $19.95) shipped to the US. You don't have to pay VAT (19.00%). This is not only less expensive than getting them from Levis.com or the local Levi's store, but you'll probably find the size you need. :)

Dejan does a great job. I even did a return on another item, and that went fairly smoothly considering it was returned to Europe.

Having purchased a pair of 1947s from Cultizm, they are actually $170.37 delivered ($150.42 + $19.95) shipped to the US. You don't have to pay VAT (19.00%). This is not only less expensive that getting them from Levis.com or the local Levi's store, but you'll probably find the size you need. :)

Dejan does a great job. I even did a return on another item, and that went fairly smoothly considering it was returned to Europe.

How can you get it at $150.42? The website is showing $199.99. Do you get any discount code or something? Or they will discount there products for us SUPERBORED?

How can you get it at $150.42? The website is showing $199.99. Do you get any discount code or something? Or they will discount there products for us SUPERBORED?

Embryo - the prices are different when you sign in (at least they are for me).

-Jake

i've bitten the bullet and ordered some 1901's...now, what sort of top would go with those jeans? I'm guessing chucks would be good shoes - i'm not really into workboots or anything like that, I'm just stuck with a top that would go with them.
Embryo - the prices are different when you sign in (at least they are for me).

-Jake

Same for me,I ordered some stuff from Dejan and he is cheaper than any other shop in Germany,47 501 is 179 USD. He´s great to deal with, I ordered a pair of Red Wing 9011, a stitching was coming loose, he didnt had the same size, so I choosed some 8138 and got 2 pairs for the prize of one (repaired the 9011 myself ).

embryo, as kikkoman said the prices on cultizm include a 19% vat (value added tax) that applies to eu countries only (i believe). Once you sign in, you see the US prices. Not only that, but from cultizm you're getting a Levis Europe product. I've got a pair of lvc '47 from USA levis and a pair of lvc '33 from Levis Europe and there is a quality difference (even though both are made in USA). the attention to detail and the stitching are much nicer on my lvc europe jeans.

Hi, guys, one more question. I bought a pair of LVC 1947 501"exile" from levis.com a couple of weeks ago. I'm 32 on waist. So I picked up 32*32 like what I usually wear. It turned out to be fine with my waist. However, it is way too tight on thigh. I even feel pain after one day wear. Right now, I plan to get a larger size. which size will you guys suggest? Is 34 on waist enough, or I have to get 35 on waist to make it not that tight on thigh?

Thanks!!