Levi's Vintage Clothing

No it had the bar but the now include instruction on how to make the points. Also the buckle seems to be a solid peice unlike those pressed metal buckles from previous years. Maybe its just this jean. I'll scan the instructions but so far I really like these. The denim looks allot different than any of my other LVCs.

Japan did a 1917:

http://www.levi.jp/mens/product/175010002.html

here the 1933:

http://www.e-levi.jp/shop/mens/ProductsDetail.do/shop_products_id/109

does someone know if they ship worldwide?

allthough I´ve got pair US 33s, I´m considering to get a Japan version cause those are much nicer, watch out the arcuates, great!

Japan did a 1917:

http://www.levi.jp/mens/product/175010002.html

here the 1933:

http://www.e-levi.jp/shop/mens/ProductsDetail.do/shop_products_id/109

does someone know if they ship worldwide?

allthough I´ve got pair US 33s, I´m considering to get a Japan version cause those are much nicer, watch out the arcuates, great!

These were raw when new. 555 1933s after ALLOT of wear. I replaced the buckle (which was crap) with an original late 1800s early1900s one.

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

Raw when new and I wear these all the time in the summer. I went probably 5 months before the first soak.

very nice frontfading, but no combs!? hope mine will get some... oh did these have the same buckle like the one of 37s 201s? because this buckle really is crap, need to get another one aswell...

SFTD No it was a very simple loop thru for lack of a better word and made out of that alloy crap that broke with any kind or tension. The buckles I have on my 333s is much better than the older type. Also the buckles on my 209s are really good so maybe LVC finally addressed the buckle issue. And the buckle on the 37 201 is strong just not authentic.

No combs. Sometimes I think because of the fullness in that area I didn't get any plus the denim is 10 oz. I have great combs on my 47s and pretty good ones on the 55s both tighter in the legs and heavier denim. All of the lighter weight denim and fuller cuts don't seem to take to combs as well as the tighter, heavier denim models do.

Those Japanese 33s look really nice. To bad they only go up to 36 waist. Maybe see if Dejan can get'm if they wont ship to the US.

thanks, the ones above look a little baggy. sorry to be a pain, but i'm new to this denim thing but have just taken a fondness to raw selvage jeans.can anyone reccomend any that have a similar look / fit to the ones in the original link i posted?

The 1886s and the 1901s have almost identicle fit. They're FULL. I've owned both.

I had the 1886s rolled pretty high. Check the 33s because they also fit very much like the 1901s and the 1886s.

i've bitten the bullet and ordered some 1901's...now, what sort of top would go with those jeans? I'm guessing chucks would be good shoes - i'm not really into workboots or anything like that, I'm just stuck with a top that would go with them.

Work shirts work sized. Robust knits.

need some help identifying/learning-about some 501s.

I met a girl who has old selvedge jeans! Lots of leg twist, top button stamped "524". These are definitely older than the more recent 501 stf selvedge. Obviously she is not in it for the awesome fades. These seem to be just the "cool jeans" she likes to wear out.

anyone with a girl dog knows the jealousy routine, bringing you stuff, lol

girlselvedge.jpg

plain selvedge

girlselvedge2.jpg

button

girlselvedge3.jpg

I can get a pic of the patch and more buttons too, if needed. everything is pretty busted and worn though. I can see that the 501 is stamped onto the patch in more of an older "typewriter" sort of font.

I haven't yet told her what she has.