Levi's Vintage Clothing

those 201s sold for $36,000 is that a record? beats the nevada's I think.

The NEvadas were a bit more, around $42,000. There was another pair that Levi's bought for the same amount. But $36k was still a pretty good result considering there are quite a few earlier jeans out there.

Check out the other thread: there are quite a few photos that weren't on the listing:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=56797

not sure..i didn't measure.

i ended up soaking in hot water +some boiled water for about 30-40mins, then threw them in the dryer. They shrunk more in the thighs (unfortunately..but will stretch out) and the length is a bit shorter..now its 1 cuff and doesnt look too bad.

I got to check out some of the f/w stuff today..

washed 333s, great hardware, suspender buttons and cinchback looked excellent. Fitted pretty modern, with surprisingly small back bockets and little anti fit, probably because of the lack of yoke.

cord pants, great fabric but dissapointing hardware (plastic buttons, shouldnt these be wood or something?) Really high rise and surpringly tapered. Oversized about 2". I´ll probably get these if cultizm gets them in a size 30...

Red wool shirt jacket had great fabric and the cut looked really boxy, but i didnt try it on. Same with the wool cardigan.

Problem is if they don't chase the copy cats they might as well not have a trade mark.

Of course, and I don't have a problem with them doing whatever they feel is necessary to protect their brand. But I'm just amazed that they put effort into producing a collection and then don't even bother to show half of it on their site.

Interesting to see this "Levis way" of wearing the jeans, it's something I have tried before with my 1890's but I found that it didn't really work for me.

Also, is it just me or does that repro'd 50's 701 look nothing like the original?

I mean, why even bother calling it a repro and comparing it if they can't get simple things like the chainstitch and arcuate colours correct?

That clears that up, but tbh I still don't see why they would put a comparison original next to the repro if it's not actually the pair they repro'd.

Also, I like how the patch says "Hip W L "

they didn't put it there, Nils bought it for his private use and showed it to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LEVIS-BIG-E-DENIM-JEANS-LOT-701-RED-LINES_W0QQitemZ280254595584QQihZ018QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem