Levi's Vintage Clothing

It worried me that someone hangs out on this thread, has looked at the real thing, and believes those could be real?

They're such a perfect example of a fake - every single warning sign:

1: lots of spurious extra selvage? Check

2: shiny leather patch that looks nothing like pre-80s originals? Check.

3: Batwing logo on a supposed vintage or LVC product? Check.

4: Misspelt care tag? Check

5: Construction completely wrong? (ie how the yoke lines up, 2-horse patch in wrong location) Check.

The final item would be the writing on the pocket bags, which I bet will also be in some using pidgin-1880s american...

Scooped these up for the wife. Seller has some interesting stuff but this appeared to be the unnoticed gem in the pile imo. Blank tag is throwing me though...when did that start? Looking at the full-size of the front photo, I'm pretty sure I spot a v-stitch, and the leg does not look like a later cut. Tagged for women. Dunno, maybe ladies' 501 production had different details through its history.

I'll get better photos when they arrive. And a fit (I've been promising her fits to raw-for-women for a while as it is).

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=330722807691

*edit, these were fakes. Be cautious of this seller and perhaps avoid them entirely.

Edited by jyoni

Ah, thanks Paul. V-stitch must have held over a few years for womens? I'm remembering 1969 for 501 v-stitch.

*edit, I won't think on it too much til they're in hand

Edited by jyoni

hi jyoni, if they are ladies 501's i think that all started around 1981. i'm thinking these are 80's production by the style of bar-tacks on the back pockets. my guess is that these were among the last of the original selvage 501 production from the early-mid 80's. i'd be very suprised if these indeed have a v-stitch, more likely a trick of the eye due to the photo not being clear. either way they were a good buy for what you paid for them.

Yeah, I was pretty happy to spot them. I'm excited for whatever arrives. No way in hell would she rock the carrot-cut ladies' 501s! These look like a good straight cut and they appear to have plenty of life and potential left in them. I'm hoping the ladies' 501 cut addresses crotch bunching in the upper block. That's been her biggest aversion to 501.

i would say it will. they were cut specifically for women and i know some female vintage freaks who swear by them. the originals in selvage are actually somewhat scarce with only a 2-3 year production window before the switch to open end denim. i'd say they were a good find esp at that price!

Got your PM.

LOL the backside of the tag has the hilarous "idiot to chlorine bleach" tag. No pics forthcoming, sent them right back. I'd keep em for the tag if they were ten bucks.

Don't know if the seller came across them randomly. He/she does seem to just have a pile of acquired stuff to resell...but I'll edit my posting to stay leery.

picked up these orange tab, USA made 505s at a second hand shop today for $10. button code is 575. Any idea on the age of these? From the cut I'm guessing late 80s early 90s. Extremely high waisted. Most of my raw denim shrinks down to a front rise between 12.5 to 13". These measure over 14". I hope they shrink a little, but don't think they're going to.

levis505.jpg

By setterman at 2012-06-03

Has anyone seen the fall/winter lookbook yet? As already mentioned in the thread, the themes are boxing gym and biker. Some interesting pieces, like a lined sac coat, plenty of henleys, customized 1966 501 and also the 1920's chinos in black, which i am super excited about.I couldn't see them in the lookbook, but this is what i was told by the guy at unionville.

it's not really LVC, but it is interesting at least to me. I found this pair of 517's at a thrift store with a spanish tag... I've not seen one like it before. I assume they were bought in mexico and then given to the thrift store later in life when they made it to the usa...

IMG_0693.jpg

fuck, crashed my bike this morning and ripped my 505's again! is there anything i can tell my tailor to do to prevent this from happening a third time? like reinforce the entire man area with some sturdy fabric?

I keep waiting for the new 201s and 1978 501 to pop up somewhere.

New photos of some of the raw jeans are much better than the older ones. I like the 66s the best, followed by the 33s. Are the '47s really that narrow in the leg? Doesn't look right for the period.

Funny that they still list some of the models as true to size. The 66s for example.... measurements of new 66s were posted on denimhunter for the lvc thing they're doing, and the 66s started and inch an half over tagged size.

lvc on sale at Mrporter. Too bad LVC's shirts run so small. According to the measurements on mrporter's website, most of the XL stuff is more like a modern medium or large, and the XXL stuff is like a modern large or small fitting Xl. :angry: