Levi's Vintage Clothing

557 or Type 3 is Sanforized - only minimal shrinkage.

not sure from which season my jacket from, but tag says 70505-0217, dont know whether it makes any difference,

hot soaked them yesterday, it helps a bit, at least on the arm length part, thanks Paul!

Found a great batch of Raw LVC & distressed at unbelievable prices.

Bought 2 pairs of 1873 Raw for £40 ($60) pair each for me & my cuz.

Not bad eh?

Also a ton of 1st giant Red 10th anniversary must be 50 pairs!

Startedwearingthe1873 today, will try to treat em mean and get the worn in nicely, howeveri think they willendup way too big as i am dropping weight like god knows what!

Pics later.

Found a great batch of Raw LVC & distressed at unbelievable prices.

Bought 2 pairs of 1873 Raw for £40 ($60) pair each for me & my cuz.

Not bad eh?

Also a ton of 1st giant Red 10th anniversary must be 50 pairs!

Startedwearingthe1873 today, will try to treat em mean and get the worn in nicely, howeveri think they willendup way too big as i am dropping weight like god knows what!

Pics later.

where did you find these?

Guest Electrorock

Offtopic ish

Are 511 similar fit to Dior 19cm and 510 similar 17cm?

I'm thinking of getting 511 Levi's raw so I can

Rotate with my raw mij Dior's

Would it be a big difference? Would I feel "cheap" when putting my Levi's on?

Edited by Electrorock

my girlfriend's 1954s after a week of working on an organic farm in the amazon rainforest of peru.

graciejeans.jpg

graciejeans2.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

In Pompey! Might pop back and see if they have smaller now i am shedding stones!

Can you be more specific or would you rather keep it a secret, which is completely understandable?

I assume it's the Levi's factory outlet store.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

4_main.gif

5_main.gif

Just stumbled on these pics of what apparently is a lot 211...I know LVC did somesort of repro but I have never seen pictures of one before...

Are vintage ones commonly found?? anyone seen a real one?

would be great to get some info, its been bugging me!

I have never seen a real one - I believe there is a Levi's Japan repro somewhere on this thread!

Hi Setterman, no those are not white levis. they are 519's which are also desirable and cool. however i have a big problem with these, for one the $210 price and also they are not a good repro. the original 519's had no leatherlike patch in back or arcuates on the back pockets. they were a rather simple slim cut corduroy jean.

my advice is check ebay often. we wear the same size and i have bought originals for no more than $40. they are not hard to find, they were made up until the early 90's. the quality on these was good all the way through but the older ones will have a talon 42 zipper and the old style care tags. they turn up regularly even NOS.

yeah, i really like those. they are a flattering slim cut without being tight or binding. fit is very similar to the LVC 505 and they are a bargain. LVC japan did an excellent repro of a 1975 519 in grey but for what they cost there's no sense in buying them, originals are plentiful and cheap. i think all are little e, AFAIK i think the only changes during the entire run are what i mentioned earlier. from a talon 42 to a levis branded zip and the care tags, otherwise all are the same except size and color.

oh one other thing. levi's will shuffle around lot numbers through the years so you will encounter some strange looking 519's of new mfg but they have nothing in common with the originals other than the lot number. originals were slim with a slightly tapered leg opening.

Does a levi cut exist that is - 16.5" in waist, 10.5" in rise (around there), 12" in thigh, and 7.5" in legopening?

LVC 1954 501z xx

size 33x34 (pre-soak)

16.25" waist

11.25" rise

12.25 thigh

7.5" leg opening.

the 54s are my favorite jeans i've ever owned. i've sung their praises here before. guys love'm. girls love'm. great slim tapered mid/hi rise jean.

my experience is that they shrink less than the 47s and 66s.

i still need to get around to measuring and soaking the size 33 47s, 54s, and 66s. when i do i'll publish my findings.

LVC 1954 501z xx

size 33x34 (pre-soak)

16.25" waist

11.25" rise

12.25 thigh

7.5" leg opening.

the 54s are my favorite jeans i've ever owned. i've sung their praises here before. guys love'm. girls love'm. great slim tapered mid/hi rise jean.

my experience is that they shrink less than the 47s and 66s.

i still need to get around to measuring and soaking the size 33 47s, 54s, and 66s. when i do i'll publish my findings.

Wow I like these. Never heard or seen the 1954 501s. Seems I would need a 34 if those are pre soak.

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

54s hardly get any mention here as they're considered unauthentic.

what they are is very flattering and modern looking, making them the perfect lvc n00b gateway model (i don't mean that in a condescending manner btw). most connoisseurs though will agree it kind of defeats the purpose of going repro in the first place. i do own a pair, as they are made in usa quality and match well with my contemporary garments. 1947 & 1966 are also quite easy wearing but the vintage repro virus is a strange one, i've found myself slowly but surely attracted to the quirkier models, up to a point where i am finally comfortable in wearing my 20's 201 (arguably the hardest model to pull off) in public, the gf even said the other day she thought it was her favorite model on me when she was like wtf when i first got them a year and a half ago, i guess they're an acquired taste! :P

Anyone looking for a sweet deal on LVC?

Check out your local ROSS stores for various pairs of irregular LVC.

I went to 8 different locations in Arizona and picked up 6 pairs all at $22.99 a pair.

They are all pre-disstressed versions of 501's;1947, 1954z, 1955 and picked up 2 pairs of 1967 505s.

The only defect i could spot was a "sticky" zipper on the 1954z. It was just tuff to pull up and down.

@ $22.99 they are a steal!

Happy Hunting

edit: just picked up a raw pair of 1927 501's too (but in a big size 38x36....looking for a 30 to 32 inch waist)

Edited by the_serkis

Put a little soap or candle wax on the zipper...will help you get it moving.

Anyone looking for a sweet deal on LVC?

Check out your local ROSS stores for various pairs of irregular LVC.

I went to 8 different locations in Arizona and picked up 6 pairs all at $22.99 a pair.

They are all pre-disstressed versions of 501's;1947, 1954z, 1955 and picked up 2 pairs of 1967 505s.

The only defect i could spot was a "sticky" zipper on the 1954z. It was just tuff to pull up and down.

@ $22.99 they are a steal!

Happy Hunting

edit: just picked up a raw pair of 1927 501's too (but in a big size 38x36....looking for a 30 to 32 inch waist)