Levi's Vintage Clothing

It's not officially sold retail. But google within this site, there is a company supplies it short-run - rnrswitch has bought some, I've seen it in the hand and it looks great. I've not seen anyone selling the Cone duck.

Edit: just remembered, the company is premium denim outlet - altho I'm not sure they still do the 20s fabric, which has a code something like XX20. Look in this thread for more info.

Edited by Paul T

Here's a technical question about the Levi's arcuate. If you can't patent clothing design, why is the arcuate part of Levi's trademark? It was clearly designed to keep the pockets from "puckering" a certain way. The red tab has no function, so I can see that being a part of the trademark.

This could be true. Since the arcuate stitching is along the bias, it very well could be a decorative form of "stay-stitching.". Stay stitching is intended to prevent stretching and skewing along the bias of the fabric, which could happen if people load their back pockets up with goodies.

It's not officially sold retail. But google within this site, there is a company supplies it short-run - rnrswitch has bought some, I've seen it in the hand and it looks great. I've not seen anyone selling the Cone duck.

Edit: just remembered, the company is premium denim outlet - altho I'm not sure they still do the 20s fabric, which has a code something like XX20. Look in this thread for more info.

I still got a load of this stuff.

Edited by rnrswitch

Does anyone have experience with Geniyus.com? I can't help but wonder, due to the low price, if the LVCs are authentic.

They're authentic, and the prices aren't that great. They just start out insanely high in the uk.

Could you guys tell me what makes the 1967 505 and the 1954 501 different. I know that the 501 has a zip fly and is shrink to fit. what else? I am trying to decide on my first pair of lvcs. Thanks guys.

54s have hidden back pocket rivets and leather patch, while 67s have bar tacks and paper patch. 54s are made in US and I think 67s are now made in Turkey.

They are cheaper than many US stores as well. Do you know somewhere that's cheaper?

The red cord western shirt was on clearance for less than $70 at Mr Porter over the holidays. Price might have dropped below $50 before they got rid of all of them. I picked up a '55 saw tooth for $68 (IMO, a fair price for the quality of the product), but the price on them eventually dropped to $38 before the sale was over.

Don't know that anyone currently has better prices on those items (because a couple of those items are old and already been cleared out by other stores), just saying those aren't that great of sale prices. Unless there's something there you really want, I'd sit tight until later this year when stuff gets really discounted. As nice as LVC is, most of it's not worth the huge "heritage" mark up.

How are the fits on the 1967 505 and 1954 501(preshrunk) different in fit? I am a slim guy with a short torso(high rise makes me look squat). I am having trouble figuring out which fit is better for me. I like a slightly tapered leg without much bagginess in the thigh or calf.

I believe the 54 actually has a lower rise after shrinking. Levi's Japan shop lists them as having similar measurements before washing. For reference I have 54s in size 32 and the rise is about 10.5 after soaking (one of the reasons I didn't even attempt to size down was because I can't tolerate a lower rise than 10.5).

Edited by Curious_George

The 54 and 67 are as different as can be.

The 54 is definitely skinny, a reworked, modern fit. Nice tapered back pockets. It's lower rise than any 501, the 505 itself is low, but I think not quite as low. Leg opening on the 54Z will be an inch narrower than the 505 and it's much skinner around the knees too.

The 67 is trim but but is essentially a vintage-style jean, it also has bar tacked square pockets which give it a very different look. And it's Sanforized fabric from Kaihara, as opposed to Cone, which isn't quite as interesting. But they look great new, and dark, nice and crisp.

The 505 is a great cut. i have only had mine for a few months but managed to rip them completely while cycling, which wouldn't have been much of a problem if they would've had a button fly. Now i need to repair the rip and change the fly, as it ripped all the way. The store where i bought them said they would take them back and refund me (which i don't think they have too, as its the fabric that ripped and not the seams), but i bought them at 70% off, so returning them leaves me with like 50€ and no jeans to wear. I might try to contact Levis directly and see if they can give me a new pair.

Does anyone have an idea how to get in touch with Levi Strass co. in Sweden? I know that they have an office and a showroom here in Stockholm, but i can't find an email address.

Not LVC but ..new pair of stf 501s arrived today from Oi Polloi . Levis has seriously upped their game in the sub £100 market . What you get for £95 is .. redline selvage , chain stitched hems , selvage coin pocket , single stitching at waist and back pockets , bar tacked back pockets , alternate lemon/orange stiching throughout , v stitch at waist button . These came in one inch over tag size and should shrink to tag size but i'm gonna wear them dry . Straight fit ... just under 9 1/2 inches at knee and 9 inches at leg opening . Made in Poland but so what..the stiching is excellent . Good lob Levis ...mucho kudos !!!

Will post some pics later .