Levi's Vintage Clothing

Aren't those 28s awfully tight in the waist even before shrinking for a true 29? Were they oversized? I just picked up some 54s recently as well and while they're tagged 32 they actually ran a little under when I measured them (about 31.5). But I'm a true 31, so thankfully even after shrinking they should stretch out fine.

Edited by Curious_George

Aren't those 28s awfully tight in the waist even before shrinking for a true 29? Were they oversized? I just picked up some 54s recently as well and while they're tagged 32 they actually ran a little under when I measured them (about 31.5). But I'm a true 31, so thankfully even after shrinking they should stretch out fine.

Oddly enough the 28's were tight, but the 29's were way too big, so the 28's are stretching out perfectly. I'll post up some pictures tonight, the fit is probably more slim than this thread is used to, but I'm very happy with the result. Not too mention because I work at Levis I didn't have to pay retail. =D

I don't talk much on here, but I'd thought that I'd share my LVC 1967 505 at 8 months in the picture. Currently working on Momotaro Vintage Label 0701, but I still wear them occasionally.

6835359074_8dee00e13d.jpg

6835359524_f2064a3a4a.jpg

Sorry about the toes...

Your 54s look good (downsized they definitely resemble a more modern slim/skinny jean). I snapped a shot of my true to size 54s after soaking them today. I feel like the fit is like a slightly more tapered version of a 66 cut like my Denime 66s (which is cool with me, since I like that cut). Even after a hot soak and aggitation they only shrank 2 inches in the inseam though, so I think there is probably a bit more shrinkage left.

DSC_0369.jpg

Edited by Curious_George

Ya they are a fairly slim fit, but I don't look good in a larger fit, I'm just happy I found an LVC pair that fits the way I like it. The denim was actually softer when I first got them and got very "crispy" after the light soak. The denim is actually really high quality, and the little details are rad.

Considering getting these for the summer:

7280_20122119143143187227.jpg

I want something with a loose and relaxed fit, as I spend most of the summer in Tenerife where anything fitted is too hot. Anyone got these? What's the fabric like, similar to the tab twills fabric? Is the cuff a normal double folded sewn one, so that i can get them hemmed? They come with suspender buttons, but I think suspenders is just to difficult for normal people to pull off.

nice pants, who is selling those?

Most LVC retailers, but the picture is from Unionville (www.sivletto.nu). They look a lot slimmer here as they are worn so high, but they seem to be a relaxed fit.

Picked up a spare 506XX I found on ebay nwt for half the current asking price of US stores. Came in the mail today and took some quick pix with my phone. Differences between the older jacket (i believe from 2007) and the newer one.... Newer jacket is darker (old one was very turquoise when raw), Made in Turkey label at neck, different font for the lot # and size on the newer jacket, no circled R on the red tab. Not sure the age of the new one, I'd guess post 2009.

img1291f.jpg

By setterman at 2012-03-22

img1290pg.jpg

img1289oj.jpg

img1288jf.jpg

img1287q.jpg

img1286z.jpg

img1285iv.jpg

Can anyone confirm if the more/most recent batches of '47s are still shrinking a full 2" in the waist over a few soaks (I know they tend to shrink more over multiple soaks)? I picked up with a pair of 34x34s that I would really need to come down to a tue 32" in the waist.

Would rather not soak (and just return) if I can't be sure to get them down that much...

Thanks in advance...