Levi's Vintage Clothing

I had an interesting conversation with the Cone technical director and Levi's do allow Cone to supply some denim to other manufacturers now, officially. But there's nothing exactly like the 1955.

The new Roy fabric is probably the nearest thing to straight Levi's fabric - not sure what specs it is, for some bizarre reason SelfEdge are saying it's "the first unsanforized fabric Cone has produced in the last xx years" when of course very little of their selvedge output from the last 20 years has been Sanforized.

Paul, did you mean that Levi's allows the fabric used in the LVC line to be used by other companies? I know that Cone has developed denim specifically for Raleigh Denim. The Barneys x RD "silver" fabric was made exclusively for them, but was a sanforized product. I think the SelfEdge claim is with regard to Cone specifically developing an unsanforized loomstate fabric with and for Roy.

Paul, did you mean that Levi's allows the fabric used in the LVC line to be used by other companies? I know that Cone has developed denim specifically for Raleigh Denim. The Barneys x RD "silver" fabric was made exclusively for them, but was a sanforized product. I think the SelfEdge claim is with regard to Cone specifically developing an unsanforized loomstate fabric with and for Roy.

At one time, any of the non-Sanforized Cone could only be sold semi-officially. Now they're allowed to do it officially, to help keep their looms busy, which is why you see more being used by Raleigh, Left Field, etc. If tho, by the Barneys x RD you mean the one with the pima fill, I think you'll find that went thru a slightly different design process...

yes, I believe the Roy jeans are loomstate. I just don't understand why they call it "Non-Sanforized", which is a pretty meaningless term.

At one time, any of the non-Sanforized Cone could only be sold semi-officially. Now they're allowed to do it officially, to help keep their looms busy, which is why you see more being used by Raleigh, Left Field, etc. If tho, by the Barneys x RD you mean the one with the pima fill, I think you'll find that went thru a slightly different design process...

yes, I believe the Roy jeans are loomstate. I just don't understand why they call it "Non-Sanforized", which is a pretty meaningless term.

Kiya's initial post was confusing because, as you say, he wrote about "non-sanforized" denim. The product listing on the Self-Edge website now says, "This is no surprise considering his involvement with the development of this fabric, a feat which we couldn't believe when we first heard that this was the first time in decades where Cone has produced a loomstate denim." Even though the denim is now described as "loomstate" rather than "non-sanforized" I am still confounded by the description since the Roy X Cone's have loomstate denim.

I've heard reports that the sportswearnet story implication that XX Amsterdam will be closed might not be correct; some people reckon M&C will be more integrated, but that LVC and M&C will continue to be run from the Olympics Stadium. Fingers crossed. Obvously, things will change once Maurizio departs, but personally I'm glad to hear this.

I think somewhere in this thread the back pocket changes were already discussed and present before SS11. I don't think the photo really shows the difference. The jeans on the right at least should be laid flat

Left: 47 size 34 SS09

Right: 47 size 36 FW11

unbenannt6n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In terms of overall dimension this pic is quite useless though.

comparing these to pictures of real 47's the pockets look too v-shaped. The original pockets were more square — and looked larger to me, but hard to compare across different waist sizes.

So much useless bickering about "accuracy". Have a look at the vintage pairs, with their grotesque misshapen pockets, every other pair had it's own interpretation of ugly. Just be happy with the modern shaped pockets, which are awesome btw.

Pics courtesy of Marvin's

dp526-9.jpg

dp873-56.jpg

dp1016-2.jpg

dp886-55.jpg

dp182-55.jpg

Edited by tropicalbird

So much useless bickering about "accuracy". Have a look at the vintage pairs, with their grotesque misshapen pockets, every other pair had it's own interpretation of ugly. Just be happy with the modern shaped pockets, which are awesome btw. Pics courtesy of Marvin's dp526-9.jpgdp873-56.jpgdp1016-2.jpgdp886-55.jpgdp182-55.jpg

With the exception of the third pair I think they are pretty attractive. And squarish.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Paul T, January 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Paul T, January 10, 2012 - No reason given

C'mon you aren't serious — it's a perfectly meaningful term.

Huh?

They are saying it's the first non-Sanforized denim Cone they've done in 80 years. It's a completely meaningless description given a minimal amount of Cone is Sanforized.

It's like describing the Pope as un-Protestant.

Edited by Paul T

C'mon you aren't serious — it's a perfectly meaningful term.

Huh?

They are saying it's the first non-Sanforized denim Cone they've done in 80 years. It's a completely meaningless description given a minimal amount of Cone is Sanforized.

It's like describing the Pope as un-Protestant.

Somebody should start a Cone denim thread so we can further discuss sanforized, unsanforized, loomstate, and STF differences. Don't want to shit up the roy, LVC, or self edge thread with these discussions.

Somebody should start a Cone denim thread so we can further discuss sanforized, unsanforized, loomstate, and STF differences. Don't want to shit up the roy, LVC, or self edge thread with these discussions.

Cone thread:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/88718-cone-denim-mills-thread/page__fromsearch__1

it doesn't see a lot of action.

I picked up a 70's pair of bell bottoms... Levi's. More Brady Bunch looking than 501's. But the interesting thing about them was the tab... It doesn't say levi's but instead has this on it...

Anybody know about this? Is it a carrot?

DSC09294-1.jpg

Levi's had a line in the 70's called "Fresh Produce." I'm assuming this was a piece from this line.

I picked up a 70's pair of bell bottoms... Levi's. More Brady Bunch looking than 501's. But the interesting thing about them was the tab... It doesn't say levi's but instead has this on it... Anybody know about this? Is it a carrot? DSC09294-1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they only available since spring 2011?

I think so - but there are a load on sale at various online stores.

I'm interested to see if you get any fade on them like raw or 505's as previous "Pre washed" LVC don't seem to fade too much from their purchased state.

Edited by jewellben