Levi's Vintage Clothing

i had a pair of sc1966, made in the usa. the denim as it faded reminded me more of real vintage jeans than anything ive worn before. actually, they were just like a vintage pair of levis in almost every way, down to the wrinkle in the coin pocket, the way the selvage line got very pink, and the look of the copper rivets as they aged.

here are the canes

dscf6652.jpg

and some big e levis off of ebay

$(KGrHqEOKpYE5cq)!zq4BOYhsT3En!~~60_12.JPG

that sounds interesting Freezie. I think the cut of the Resolute might be a tad more modern but the denim might be close. Looking forward to a real comparison. Where did you order?

Pants Shop Avenue. Measurements are quite similar to my 66's I think … wait till I get em eh to compare :D

^^ ah from Naoki, good choice. 2 guys already bought a pair of Resolute but haven't updated much.

As Hayashi is a big fan of '60s style it's quite curious that the Resolute reminds you so much of 70s...but you are most likely right :)

It's sad that Dr.House sold his SC66 too and don't update his SC vs LVC thread anymore. Would have been interesting

@Paul: how about a pair pf Porkys?

It's sad that Dr.House sold his SC66 too and don't update his SC vs LVC thread anymore. Would have been interesting

After the cultizm contest is over with, I plan on my LVC and SC 1966s being my daily wearers. Maybe I can pick up where he left off?

The raw ones are Made in USA indeed.

The spring 2011 505 are made in Turkey, likewise 2010 and 2009 and most of the raw jackets. They were supposedly moving jackets to US production, but I haven't heard mention that the 505 moved. Bryan, what year are yours?

have you already got something japanese, amassed in that large wooden trunk of yours?

how would you comment on how the warehouse captures the feel well? is that with regards to the cut or the denim? personally from the fades i have seen on warehouse, they seem to have the kind of cracking fading going on which is more typical of japanese denim.

No, i've got nothing in stock and I'm keeping my options open. I've seen, obvioulsy, nice 1000XX over the years (fabric and stitching) and like more of their models, including Duckdigger, than many others but don't know that a current Warehouse would do it.

The spring 2011 505 are made in Turkey, likewise 2010 and 2009 and most of the raw jackets. They were supposedly moving jackets to US production, but I haven't heard mention that the 505 moved. Bryan, what year are yours?

O right, I didn't know that, mine are 07 an 08 pairs and they're def USA

I just got my first pair of raw '55's today and I ab-so-lu-te-ly love them! I don't know why I didn't get a pair sooner, they fit like a glove and they're perfectly fit for muscular legs, MUCH more so than the '47's. I may order a second pair right now. I went tts 34/36 and they're just slightly oversize to make way for shrinkage, brilliant!

O right, I didn't know that, mine are 07 an 08 pairs and they're def USA

When XX took over LVC they moved production of the 505 and the 507 to Turkey - the raw items made with Kaihara fabric. Raw jeans with Cone denim have always been US-made. Some of the raw duck is made in Turkey.

oh cool. please give me measurements of that pair! from cultizm? and yes, '55s are better for bigger guys than '47s

No, not Cultizm, LN-CC. Actually, they are season '08, but I don't mind, they were just 170€ shipped. Love 'm. :cool:

Anyone planning to head to Hideout for cheap LVC (£120) had better do it quickly. Tony, the owner will be selling them at the Goodwood Vintage festival on the weekend of 16-18 September. Maybe some of you will be heading their yourselves,

After the cultizm contest is over with, I plan on my LVC and SC 1966s being my daily wearers. Maybe I can pick up where he left off?

FWIW, I'm currently switching between LVC '66 and Warehouse 660's if anyone is interested in that comparison. I know the 660's aren't a strict repro or anything...

No, i've got nothing in stock and I'm keeping my options open. I've seen, obvioulsy, nice 1000XX over the years (fabric and stitching) and like more of their models, including Duckdigger, than many others but don't know that a current Warehouse would do it.

Paul, maybe it's worth considering the new Denime 66s. Blue Owl Workshop have them at a good price and Grooveholmes has posted his pair he recently acquired from there. They may be even cheaper from Japan.

Yo, just my two-cents in the ill-fated argument. I've noticed that extended wear when I'm busy and working all the time, is actually really comfortable. I can go a long time. I don't know if it's the movement and air keeping things fresh or what. Maybe it's just the "clean sweat." When I'm slow or have down time, that shit gets unbearable after just a month or two.

Yo, just my two-cents in the ill-fated argument. I've noticed that extended wear when I'm busy and working all the time, is actually really comfortable. I can go a long time. I don't know if it's the movement and air keeping things fresh or what. Maybe it's just the "clean sweat." When I'm slow or have down time, that shit gets unbearable after just a month or two.

If I'm spending a lot of time out on my mountain bike, I can go for a month or maybe two without thinking about it, but then I'll notice all of a sudden that they feel clammy and grimy and make my skin crawl, and they'll get thrown in the machine. After that, they'll get washed every couple of weeks if I'm being pretty active in them.

If I'm spending a lot of time out on my mountain bike, I can go for a month or maybe two without thinking about it, but then I'll notice all of a sudden that they feel clammy and grimy and make my skin crawl, and they'll get thrown in the machine. After that, they'll get washed every couple of weeks if I'm being pretty active in them.

It does hit suddenly, lol. I must have super-glands cos I can go a long time if I'm busy.