Levi's Vintage Clothing

This is the remaining item I got from Paul from the LVC samples sale: a non-distressed, rigid sunset shirt. This is from the older LVC batch of chambray- it has a nice selvedge and is darker than the new Cone stuff:

5941907250_975f2811cd_b.jpg

5941346271_65dfbc3ceb_b.jpg

5941907422_bdd8bf2ed0_o.jpg

5941346375_55c4d7d827_o.jpg

5941907562_a886a01c1d_o.jpg

5941918486_7b8046d186_o.jpg

5941907598_8304acb265_o.jpg

It was marked "irregular" since it had some messed up stitching on the shoulder.

5941907640_efa645d4e0_o.jpg

fixed.

This is the remaining item I got from Paul from the LVC samples sale: a non-distressed, rigid sunset shirt. This is from the older LVC batch of chambray- it has a nice selvedge and is darker than the new Cone stuff:

5941907250_975f2811cd_b.jpg

I tried one on about a year ago but found it didn't suit a slim, muscular athletic build. Looks great on you though Roy6!

I tried one on about a year ago but found it didn't suit a slim, muscular athletic build. Looks great on you though Roy6!

It must be hard being svelte.

Seriously though, every batch of their sunset shirts seems to be cut slightly differently- the latest ones are shorter in the body and fitted, some of the older ones are cut very full and long in the torso.

Hey guys,

I found four pairs of vintage Levis in the attic of my stepdad's house. These apparently belonged to his grandfather. I was wondering if I could have some help identifying them. For what ever reason they are all missing the patch from the back and all have busted zippers. Tried to show in the pic but these are all big "E"s and have hidden rivets in back pockets too. Two pair have watch pocket selvedge and two don't. Would these be worth anything? Thanks!

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

well there are at least two different pair shown. i'll have a go at it; one pr are 551zxx zipper, offset belt loop. the other early 505's copper button etc..it appears to be a gripper zipper also. i'm betting they all date to mid-60's on the scant photo evidence. they're definately worth something

well there are at least two different pair shown. i'll have a go at it; one pr are 551zxx zipper, offset belt loop. the other early 505's copper button etc..it appears to be a gripper zipper also. i'm betting they all date to mid-60's on the scant photo evidence. they're definately worth something

Thanks for the info!

if there are particular aspects I could photograph to get more details just let me know!

It was definitely an exciting find!

you just opened pandora's box.

Ha ha, yes. Let the complaining begin.

Rosenkruez- I'm afraid not. Batches of raw '47s vary in size, above or below tagged size. The tags on washed versions are even more unreliable. Get actual measurements, is the only way.