Levi's Vintage Clothing

My 1947 arrived from LNCC today - very well packaged

Interesting measurements on the latest models

Tagged 36W * 36L

Actual 36W * 37L - these are not an inch smaller than tagged as before

I'm hoping they shrink a bit in waist as I wear a 34" waist (measured) normally, pleased with the extra length though

not to restart the whole pantaloon debate, but i remember discussing them with the peeps from lvc store here when they first showed up, and basically it was concluded these were 19th century horse riding pants, which explains the shape.. apparently levi's ultimately ruled against their production back then since they were gearing towards the blue collar market ( well miners and railroad construction in those days ) which was on the opposite spectrum of a noble gentleman's horse riding attire, which would have been Jacob Davis's inspiration with these… of course that could be a load of bollox, but made sense to me..

If you are looking for style or how nice your butt looks in pre 1940s LVCs unless you seriously undersizing them its probably not the best place to be looking for that. These early Levis were for the most part work cloths and meant to be such not fashion statements. I'm a guy that loves wearing my 209 coveralls and my 1911 333s and I usually I wear'm raw for months and months till I can't stand them so that how good does my butt look fit is not what its all about for me and if its for you probably the pre 1940s LVCs are not fgoing to be the right fit.

I knew I should have included the disclaimer that I love the fits up through 1910. That is, except for the pantaloons, which should be more than apparent by now. Enjoy them!

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to photos of roy6 in his Balloons. After a few of his waywt posts, I reckon there will be a surge, an irresistible groundswell of demand for this item that even the most conservative retailers won't be able to ignore...

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to photos of roy6 in his Balloons. After a few of his waywt posts, I reckon there will be a surge, an irresistible groundswell of demand for this item that even the most conservative retailers won't be able to ignore...

Those balloon pants will never take-off. That's just a lot of hot air...

How much shrink should I expect friom a raw Type I jacket?

Did you wind up getting a size XL? That's what I have. I didn't save the raw measurements, but if you've got the same size I can give you some post soak measurements to compare. There wasn't a massive change in the torso width, but I lost at least in inch in sleeve and body length, maybe two.

Did you wind up getting a size XL? That's what I have. I didn't save the raw measurements, but if you've got the same size I can give you some post soak measurements to compare. There wasn't a massive change in the torso width, but I lost at least in inch in sleeve and body length, maybe two.

Yes, it is XL and I DO hope the friggin' arms and body lenght will shrink. Torso is ok. I'm not going to bother soaking, just wash it, HOT...

EDIT: it is a nice jacket though, beautiful denim and quality finish, but DAMN, it's big :o

How much shrink should I expect friom a raw Type I jacket?

I had an XL at one point and it never really shrank in the body, only the arms and length like Setterman said. Mine was an earlier Valencia street model if that makes an difference. I ended up selling a getting a L...cold wash only!

Yes, it is XL and I DO hope the friggin' arms and body lenght will shrink. Torso is ok. I'm not going to bother soaking, just wash it, HOT...

EDIT: it is a nice jacket though, beautiful denim and quality finish, but DAMN, it's big :o

I soaked mine just last week in a bath with hot tap water for one hour and the sleeves shrank two inches.

Will get you some measurements after work today. I've wanted minimal shrinkage so I've only done two cold, quick soaks. If you run that thing through the washer on hot and high agitation, it should shrink up pretty good.

I soaked mine just last week in a bath with hot tap water for one hour and the sleeves shrank two inches.

OK, great, thanks man, that's a relief. I'll try hot soaking then! Also thx Setterman, owe you some rep!

Recently picked up some 1947 501's from Mr. Porter (prices are a little high, but the service was decent, and the people I spoke with friendly).

Went with 38x36, and after a hot soak, I'm thinking these just aren't going to shrink up enough for me. I also did a hot machine wash (no soap, no spin) to hopefully shrink them some more, no luck. The fit is okay, but they're a little big, and I think I'm going to be fighting to keep them small enough.

All that said, just thought I'd put them out there, see if anyone is interested. I don't have measurements handy, but if you happen to be interested, feel free to send me an offer. I've only worn them to work a couple of times (desk job).

Now I'm in the market for some 36x36 '47's. :)

Live and learn. ;)

Those are crazy! Did they ever go into (or will they) go into production? Speedway just released a pair of denim chino's similar to these. Thanks for sharing! :D

They didn't this go round, but they could in the future.

The way it works is: they design a given seasons offerings, make prototypes, use the prototypes to shoot the Look Book & distribute it to the retailers, along with a price sheet and full product list.

Retailers place their orders, and if a particular item isn't ordered (or I suspect if the orders fail to reach a certain minimum) that item is scrapped from that seasons production.

They certainly could try again for a later season...

the packaging and service provided by LN-CC was so fantastic that im almost tempted to pick up something else from them just for the heck of it. couldn't recommend them more.

anyway i picked up some 47s after a long and hard search for some in a 32 inseam. any idea if they changed the backpocket arc stitching? they are greenish on mine.

They didn't this go round, but they could in the future.

The way it works is: they design a given seasons offerings, make prototypes, use the prototypes to shoot the Look Book & distribute it to the retailers, along with a price sheet and full product list.

Retailers place their orders, and if a particular item isn't ordered (or I suspect if the orders fail to reach a certain minimum) that item is scrapped from that seasons production.

They certainly could try again for a later season...

Ahh! Good info to know...they are pretty stellar. I'd get a pair if they end up offering them. Thanks!

That is totally my experience! Hope they carry LVC in the future.

the packaging and service provided by LN-CC was so fantastic that im almost tempted to pick up something else from them just for the heck of it. couldn't recommend them more.

anyway i picked up some 47s after a long and hard search for some in a 32 inseam. any idea if they changed the backpocket arc stitching? they are greenish on mine.

Those are crazy! Did they ever go into (or will they) go into production? Speedway just released a pair of denim chino's similar to these. Thanks for sharing! :D

Rather than releasing expensive flops like these LVC should focus on '44, '47 and '55s in sizes people want Longer inseams and perhaps varying the orange /lemon stitching. Anybody??

Rather than releasing expensive flops like these LVC should focus on '44, '47 and '55s in sizes people want Longer inseams and perhaps varying the orange /lemon stitching. Anybody??

My vote: No!

Bloody hell, how many 5-pocket jeans do we need, after all? There are one zilliion other interpretations of those models, credit to LVC for trying the route less traveled.

Recently picked up some 1947 501's from Mr. Porter (prices are a little high, but the service was decent, and the people I spoke with friendly).

Went with 38x36, and after a hot soak, I'm thinking these just aren't going to shrink up enough for me. I also did a hot machine wash (no soap, no spin) to hopefully shrink them some more, no luck. The fit is okay, but they're a little big, and I think I'm going to be fighting to keep them small enough.

All that said, just thought I'd put them out there, see if anyone is interested. I don't have measurements handy, but if you happen to be interested, feel free to send me an offer. I've only worn them to work a couple of times (desk job).

Now I'm in the market for some 36x36 '47's. :)

Live and learn. ;)

How much did the leg shrink up? I got a pair of 36 * 36 today but yet to soak. I could have done with a 34 waist but think (hoped) they'd shrink to a 35 post soak