Levi's Vintage Clothing

@THE_D

thanks. my current 1915collab left indigo stain on my down jacket's hem and sleeves, despite 2 soaks some months back.

any idea on removing the stain off the down? i wouldn't care less if it was mine, but it belongs to my mate.

rgarding the shady buckle:

what a bummer.

i found almost_nice's improvised buckle (pg 672) pretty neat, i used clothes hangar instead, no need for re-sewing.

@airfrogusmc

thanks for the link. i ordered 20 of them, in 1.5" by mistake (!!smack my head), but they fit '15 alright. but left them in my home country.

@THE_D

thanks. my current 1915collab left indigo stain on my down jacket's hem and sleeves, despite 2 soaks some months back.

any idea on removing the stain off the down? i wouldn't care less if it was mine, but it belongs to my mate.

rgarding the shady buckle:

what a bummer.

i found almost_nice's improvised buckle (pg 672) pretty neat, i used clothes hangar instead, no need for re-sewing.

@airfrogusmc

thanks for the link. i ordered 20 of them, in 1.5" by mistake (!!smack my head), but they fit '15 alright. but left them in my home country.

The 1.5s are not strong enough. Seriously. Maybe call'm and change the order.

I'm surprised (and disappointed) by how slim the legs are on the pantaloons. I would have expected a fuller cut like in the 1873 patent drawing. I can see these looking like fairly slim jeans with a huge diaper butt in relatively short order.

that's my concern...

still, i reckon there's a good chance there'll be a load of them knocked down in the end of season sales in a couple of months - if they get cheap enough i might pick a pair up anyway.

need to see some fit pics from real people though, which thus far have not been forthcoming. i'm wondering if that says something about how they look on tbh...

If you wear them like they're made to be worn they are high waisted so no diaper butt at all, And again how they fit A is not how they fit B. As you can see by the photos of the models. The model at cultizm is exactly how mine fit. The model at the other place posted is wearing a pair that way to big on him. And again if they shrink like other Japanese denim LVCs I've owned there isn't much shrinkage.

^^ Looks like a good event, looking forward for some pictures..

Anyway, I just got this lvc 47' from 2007 batch that i got for a good price...this is post warm soak, size 30 x 34

the denim feels bit lighter than my contest jeans which are from 555 batch and also the selvedge line is narrow too

lvc47_07.jpg

that's my concern...

still, i reckon there's a good chance there'll be a load of them knocked down in the end of season sales in a couple of months - if they get cheap enough i might pick a pair up anyway.

need to see some fit pics from real people though, which thus far have not been forthcoming. i'm wondering if that says something about how they look on tbh...

I think you've got the right idea with waiting. Wouldn't be surprised to see them selling for half off before too long. They're an interesting design, and I'm glad to see LVC make the effort, but they're not something most people are going to line up to buy and wear on a regular basis.

Guest rusholmeruffian

You can get a pair for £129 shipped from LNCC with the code summer40 . I am waiting for delivery. Will post fit pics when they come.

I'm a bit confused now. As to cultizm the pantaloons run one inch bigger than tagged size. I have a hard believing that when compared to ln-cc's measuring. Thanks

I'd tend to believe cultizm. They probably sell more LVC than anyone, and one inch over seems to be the trend with all raw LVC jeans lately.

I've found that Cultizm's waist measurements tend to be 1" smaller. We all know how great their customer service is, so don't interpret this as a complaint. I've ordered 12-15 pairs from them over the past few years, and have def. noticed that the waists are usually 1" larger than the guys had stated.

If you wear them like they're made to be worn they are high waisted so no diaper butt at all, And again how they fit A is not how they fit B. As you can see by the photos of the models. The model at cultizm is exactly how mine fit. The model at the other place posted is wearing a pair that way to big on him. And again if they shrink like other Japanese denim LVCs I've owned there isn't much shrinkage.

Sorry if you have already posted them, but do you have any photos of your fit?

It pains me to say it, but I still think it looks terrible. I'd be happy if someone could show me other fits that would change my mind.

h4zsn.png

It looks like they stuck the butt of the 1873 on the legs of a 1947. I really think it needs a fuller cut overall- something like the AB Efelts from Rising Sun.

FhON7.jpg

Then don't buy'm

They fit and are designed more like a dress pant from the era not a working jean. I like the fact the are so different from anything else and remember they are a fictional jean. I added the suspender buttons. They don't come with them but because of the design the do stay up even without suspenders.

Then don't buy'm

They fit and are designed more like a dress pant from the era not a working jean. I like the fact the are so different from anything else and remember they are a fictional jean. I added the suspender buttons. They don't come with them but because of the design the do stay up even without suspenders.

Why do you always come off as taking any critique of LVC personally? zissou was just stating he didn't like what he was seeing there. If you posted pix of you wearing your jeans and he said "they look like shit" then you could get huffy.

I agree, they're styled more like a dress pant of that day, and it's not really fair to compare them to work pants.

So these are a fictional garment? I thought they were a reproduction of a trouser your might find a shop keeper or other city worker wearing in the late 1800.....

^they are a recreation of pants known only in a patent application.

THey are a strange beast... I love the moustache shape of the back, and the reinforcements, but they are to some extent an imaginative recreation, so it's interesting they've taken such an extreme tack. Maybe crazy. But, y'know, I respect that. Items like the duck shirt, the spring bottom pants, and these are pretty hard to wear - but you have to give them credit for being different!