Levi's Vintage Clothing

Nice pair of 555 duck pants, 30W:
Mustard chinos go to min2max, who's posted here before, but promises to come out of the shadows and start posting pics.

Should post chinos, and roy's giant package, in the AM (it's hard finding a van big enough for the latter)

I though roy's giant package was already in San Francisco.

I though roy's giant package was already in San Francisco.

Well, two medium packages will be there soon. And the chinos are en route to Paris.

Funnily enough, I left my heart in San Francisco. It was large, pink and inflatable.

Just to confirm, all the items are now gone.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me - especially the pleasant, polite people, like Ika, who I shall remember if anything like this comes up again.

Well, two medium packages will be there soon. And the chinos are en route to Paris.

Funnily enough, I left my heart in San Francisco. It was large, pink and inflatable.

Just to confirm, all the items are now gone.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me - especially the pleasant, polite people, like Ika, who I shall remember if anything like this comes up again.

Cool, I'll be watching for the Posty and I'll keep a look out for that heart of yours Paul. I'm already watching for a friends lost marbles.

I sincerely hope I was pleasant and polite :D (No creeping. Ok, well a little)

back in the fall, i posted a comparison of my LVC 47s and 710s at 200 days. after those photos were taken, both pairs went into the wash and the eternal contest started. i decided to treat my 811s the same way to see how they compared. the 47s and 710s got a few wears here and there over the past 8 months, and now all 3 pairs have lined up: initial soaks, second soak at 133 days wear, washed at 200 days, worn 10 days after. 210 days / 7 months on each pair.

these photos, like the last set, were taken midday under overcast sky (no adjustments):

5813425540_d482267100_z.jpg

(LVC top, 710 left, 811 right)

5812859201_621ed609c6_z.jpg

5812857941_6967510654_z.jpg

(L to R: 811, 710, LVC)

5812858409_c6ab43ec3e_z.jpg

5813426162_bc708d4f51_z.jpg

5812858703_3beeaa82ba_z.jpg

5813426832_1729e991f3_z.jpg

(best depiction of color / texture)

5812859037_34dc643c67_z.jpg

(L to R: LVC, 710, 811)

aside from possible differences in activity levels (may have hiked / biked / skated a little more in some pairs than others), the only difference is the 811s were hand washed with bronners and the other two were washed together in a machine with detergent.

you can clearly see in the photos that the LVC are lightest and 811s darkest, which seems contrary to popular opinions on here. granted, the LVCs were probably lighter when raw than the 811s, but it's still plain to see they are not particularly "slow faders" as people call them. in the eternal contest thread, a lot of people have been saying that these are fading fast... i think that is deceptive because they have faded quite a bit and signs of fading started early, but the denim is dyed so deeply that they are still far darker than the other pairs.

hope you all enjoyed this little study. i'll see if i can get some fit pics...

So, I went ahead and purchased that LVC 1967 Type III. The booklet that came with it reads Fall 2007.

First off, the denim is quite nice, and the construction seems spot on. Nothing seemed out of place, or sloppy.

One thing I do notice is the arms are rather roomy, roomier than I thought they would be, based on trying on a cheapo, made in China "trucker jacket" I saw at my local Levi's store. Another tag on the jacket reads "Fitted jacket. Pre-shrunk. Buy your exact size. Shrinkage less than 1% warp, 3 1/2% fill."

That being said, I'm wondering if the fit is right. So... here's a pic.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

5813173579_0e90cbcea7_z.jpg

the early Kurabo fabric on these all looks pretty good, the earlier (synthetic) ones are maybe a little blue-er and more high contrast than current production.

post pics!

Just won them on Ebay so I will post pics when they come in. From the pic in the auction they look to be a later 1999 production.

66's, 5 months of office desk wear.

66s are coming along nicely. Once the cultizm contest is over, my 66s are going to be my daily wearers. I know there's a few guys out there wearing 66s, hope to see more pictures of them, they're a great cut.

Wish I'd known about those mustard chinos earlier...

Anyway, proof that karma isn't always a bitch. Thanks to Paul for shunting these my way in return for a dainty pair of boots I passed on to him the other week.

'Scuse the shitty pics, the sky looks fit to burst at the moment; I'll get fit pics up as and when I can comfortably get in these. Possibly around Xmastime.

In 2012.

dscf2581ws.jpg

dscf2580dk.jpg

dscf2577.jpg

dscf2573j.jpg

First pair of zippered dry denims I've owned...

Killer b, I bet your dad already has one of those shirts too! ;)

Killer B's dad's shoes are full of win :D

I'd gone to the sale, Ben said to keep an eye open for something slimmer. He's a 32, they only had 31, so I knew they'd be slim but thought I shouldn't pass them by. They're a lovely cut and some people claim to have sized down in them (not me).

Ben, I know I have a reputation as a denim fascist, but if ultimately you can't fit into them I promise I won't be offended if you sell them and buy some evil evisu! They are the ultimate late 60s cut, though.

It's a real shame you can't do swaps, ie for larger sizes, on eBay!

Ha, cheers Paul! The 'vintage' Evis I have craps all over anything that Evisu (as-is) do, apart from the No1 denim and I'm only coming up to the three-year mark with my Lot 2000s...there's little left to get, beyond what I already have.

If they go for whatever reason, I'll see that they're reborn in the form of some classic English-made footwear!

well as mentioned, i promised pablo i'd be coming out of the woodworks and posting pics (also a feeble attempt @ rep gotta admit :rolleyes:) while i await the mustard chinos (thanks again to paul btw and sorry to those that missed them), but since there seems to be some interest on the 66, here is my story with them…

purchased TTS ( 33x34 ) , didn't take measurements but the inseam was definitely on the shorter side. initial 40mn bath soak ( 30°C). air dried in 20mn on a vespa ride. worn just about daily since.

raw day 1

1aq6h.jpg

5mn in

mb78fq.jpg

30mn in

2m2cd1j.jpg

quick dry method

35akxtd.jpg

after the ride, the jeans came out completely molded to my scooter position!

20z9x7c.jpg

2 1/2 month markline

2s1kndx.jpg

overall they are a great versatile jean, i like to pair them with cons, polo & a G9 for that late 60's smart look, but they pretty much go with everything..

( oh and you gotta love those big square back pockets ! )

thanks to all who repd and got me on to greener pastures, stay tuned for more to come ;)

those 505's are one of my favorite LVC models. sadly they are now made in Turkey. i have the USA ones from a few years back. mine run smaller than tagged size in the waist, and fit almost like a same size 501 after it's been shrunk.

Here's a couple photos of my old LVC '55 501's. They've been worn on and off for over eight years and are well in need of a washing. I also have to patch up the tears to the cuff bottoms. The denim they were using back then was a darker indigo and heavier weight than the current crop of '55 LVC.

501frontII-1.jpg

501backII-1.jpg

501closeup.jpg

Here's a couple photos of my old LVC '55 501's. They've been worn on and off for over eight years and are well in need of a washing. I also have to patch up the tears to the cuff bottoms. The denim they were using back then was a darker indigo and heavier weight than the current crop of '55 LVC.

501frontII-1.jpg

501backII-1.jpg

501closeup.jpg

Thanks for posting those photos Grant and those 1955s look about as good as any I've seen.