Levi's Vintage Clothing

Random question. I'm 6ft usually wear a waist 30. If I got a super old pair, most likely 1901 (since I need a left back pocket), what size would fit mr without the inseam being too small or the waist being too big? Thanks all, I miss wearing my 47s, but my wh 660s aren't bad.

I just wish they would quit destroying the pieces before people even get a chance to wear them. I have pretty much gotten to the point where I'm only interested in LVCs rigid jeans. Are people really willing to pay nearly $300 for a half-worn cotton jacket that looks like its sleeves have been chewed on by a dog?

^ agreed! I feel you need to "earn" a pair of great looking jeans.

Random question. I'm 6ft usually wear a waist 30. If I got a super old pair, most likely 1901 (since I need a left back pocket), what size would fit mr without the inseam being too small or the waist being too big? Thanks all, I miss wearing my 47s, but my wh 660s aren't bad.

being 180cm tall and wearing a 32 in most,my tagged 32/34 1901 from S1 08 fits perfect.

didnt shrank much at all.take a 36 inseam if you want to KYCB.

(Keep Your Cuffs Big,Copyright by rnrswitch )

Ok, so I love big cuffs

11d70cbe.jpg

And there is no way I could fit a size 32 for a 36 inch length. My lvc 47 eventually became too small, would that happen with the 1901s?

I put the back of the rivet on a piece of bar stock aluminum to keep it from being marred and just hit the round top with a small hammer until I get the effect I want. It often takes up to ten blows depending on the softness of the alloy.

I am not sure if the aluminum bar stock is necessary, but I hammered the first time on a concrete floor and the inside of the rivets became quite distressed. The lettering often leaves an impression on the aluminum which makes me think that if I hammered on a steel anvil, the lettering might be flattened.

It is all super easy and fun though.

Yep I was worried and was a bit reluctant but I did it to my 1915s, my 20 201s, my 1911 333s and my 1905 209 coveralls. Its not hard to do if you are careful and works.

Would I go to denim hell if I take in the leg of my 201's. these are from the first run 10ish years or so ago. I can't remember exactly.

I'm a purist at heart, and I love the denim and details, but they are so so wide.

I don't want to make them super skinny, just a bit less baggy.

It's either that or I have to get rid of them.

let the experts speak.

i thinke there is a new deadstock pair at http://www.marvins-jp.com/

it´s a the first pair if you look "whats new" and dated as a 1922, you still have flat rivets...

it´s funny but this pair looks identicaly to my 33s because i hammered

them rivets flat few month ago, not because of authenticity but because those rivets scratch my hole wooden chairs... so somehow authentic aswell as i think that many people in the old days got that idea...

Thanks for the post, Sympathy.

Wow, those arcs look very similar to the Lvc 1933's!

wgmds,is this the never ending 47 sizing-plague again?;)

for comparison,i can wear a 47 in both w 33 or 34(fitted-relaxed).i had one in 32 which shrank too much after several washes.

i believe its save to say that a w30(1901!) is your size,but i dont know if you will find it with a 36 inseam.

I loved my 47s. But I absolutely can't stand a short inseam. Maybe once the new lvc happens then I will go and try shit on I guess. I fucking hate being so tall and thin.

Would I go to denim hell if I take in the leg of my 201's. these are from the first run 10ish years or so ago. I can't remember exactly.

I'm a purist at heart, and I love the denim and details, but they are so so wide.

I don't want to make them super skinny, just a bit less baggy.

It's either that or I have to get rid of them.

let the experts speak.

dont do it,try to sell them and go for a 1901,1915 or 1933 etc...

Thanks or that, but I wear waist 30. And next pair of denim (since I just got 660s) will be suspender buttons and exposed rivets, etc. Can't afford stronghold.

Thank you, Maynard Friedman, beautiful_FrEaK, repped.:)

A lot of new stuff....

http://www.oki-ni.com/Brands/Levis-Vintage-Clothing/icat/levis

I think I like the leather jacket, but it's so hard to tell with oki ni's models and fits. Why do they all have to look like... what did almostnice call them once? Oh yeah- "retarded gay French babies". I'd add "anorexic".

The detail shots look nice though, and it says horsehide, which would be a nice change after last season's flimsy leather jacket.

I think I like the leather jacket, but it's so hard to tell with oki ni's models and fits. Why do they all have to look like... what did almostnice call them once? Oh yeah- "retarded gay French babies". I'd add "anorexic".

The detail shots look nice though, and it says horsehide, which would be a nice change after last season's flimsy leather jacket.

this man lies as soon as he openes his mouth...its disgusting.

you own enough leatherjackets already,roy.isnt it about time to replace some of your toe-curling boots?

I cannot believe they want over 800 spondoolies for that jacket!

My Goodwear cost over £600 for chrissakes and that was custom made.

Dont do it Roy! (..or wait for the sales)

Oki ni must not pay their models too well. They all look like they are dying of starvation.

What do you mean by pulled the plug?

Made them into the new XX. Man, that seemed like a prime opportunity to discuss or at least mention lvc/xx. The only 250 usd jean noted....was that?

I cannot believe they want over 800 spondoolies for that jacket!

My Goodwear cost over £600 for chrissakes and that was custom made.

Dont do it Roy! (..or wait for the sales)

Dude, are you kidding? I never buy anything that isn't deeply on sale.

altruisticallynice- what means "toe-curling boot"?

Oki ni must not pay their models too well. They all look like they are dying of starvation.

Impossibly thin, does make it hard to judge how somethings going to fit.

Waiting for UPS to deliver my 50166xx, never had LVC's before.

this man lies as soon as he openes his mouth...its disgusting.

you own enough leatherjackets already,roy.isnt it about time to replace some of your toe-curling boots?

What is it my friend Markus always says when something like this happens- Oh yes...

Oi, Oi!

Are you calling me some sort of evil elf?